Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why everyone keeps looking at the Armacup schedule as the only guide to when cars will be built.

Last quarter we saw 8 ships arrive to Australia, not all of which were Armacup.
No reason to believe Tesla isn't booking any and all available space they can get their hands on.

We're only just over a week into the new quarter, it's way too early to be throwing in the towel and deciding we won't see our cars until the new year!
Correct. Get ready for a 12.30pm VIN storm any day now

Moderators Note:
The 12:30 VIN Storm ”joke” is getting old and is causing discontent.
I reserve the right to delete posts using this “meme” going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order is 27th Feb. And like tipping against my own team in a footy match, one reason I wouldn’t mind a delay is the possibility of having FBT exempt novated leasing legislated.

The two leasing companies my partner and I have contacted are not even able to quote the lease option with FBT exemption until the legislation passes. But one of them did say it’s a game changer for them so they will be on to it very quickly.

They were also very clear they can’t retrospectively apply a novated lease even if you “sell” the car you’ve already purchased privately to the novated lease arrangement - apparently such a sale would be a private sale and not possible to be leased.

So yeah - a further delay into 2023 (I really hope that’s not likely!) wouldn’t be so bad for our bank balance / overall cost of ownership.
That's BS from the Novated Lease co.

I got 3 all just put a clause pending the passing of the legislation talk to fingo. You can still get the Novated Lease before it passed. Just tell them it's 100% business use and it's the same $$

Last edited:
Reactions: Missimpatient
I don't know why everyone keeps looking at the Armacup schedule as the only guide to when cars will be built.

Last quarter we saw 8 ships arrive to Australia, not all of which were Armacup.
No reason to believe Tesla isn't booking any and all available space they can get their hands on.

We're only just over a week into the new quarter, it's way too early to be throwing in the towel and deciding we won't see our cars until the new year!
True that cars arrived in multiple ships outside the ones shown in Armacup schedule last quarter, but the large numbers of them were on large RORO ships we see in Armacup schedule and hence VIN storms typically follows that schedule...cars arriving on other ships rarely creates VIN storms. Just an observation

Hey group,

First time posting here.
Ordered our M3 RWD 19/02
Ext white
Int white
Location Perth WA

We have our finance approved with MacQuarie till 05/11 we got the promotion rate of 2.99% if we have to reapply will go up to 6.29%. Really hoping we get a VIN and tax invoice before the 05/11 so we can settle. Anyone from the west that has heard anything??

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Hey group,

First time posting here.
Ordered our M3 RWD 19/02
Ext white
Int white
Location Perth WA

We have our finance approved with MacQuarie till 05/11 we got the promotion rate of 2.99% if we have to reapply will go up to 6.29%. Really hoping we get a VIN and tax invoice before the 05/11 so we can settle. Anyone from the west that has heard anything??
Probably worth contacting them to see if they will extend pre approval

They are exempting FBT for non business use so from a financial standpoint it’s the same thing
I just had my financing company provide me with 2 quotes, They said the quote without FBT will only apply once its legislated, but I have time, and the legislation should go through in the parliament October sitting anyways, as it was scheduled for the September sitting but they ran overtime and pushed it to the October one, so should be all sorted way before my car arrives.

They are exempting FBT for non business use so from a financial standpoint it’s the same thing
Yeah but I think the OP was talking about arranging the finance now by saying it's 100% business use, which is a gamble because the legislation hasn't gone anywhere yet. If it's just for a quote that's one thing, but signing a contract under these conditions is a risk.

I just had my financing company provide me with 2 quotes, They said the quote without FBT will only apply once its legislated, but I have time, and the legislation should go through in the parliament October sitting anyways, as it was scheduled for the September sitting but they ran overtime and pushed it to the October one, so should be all sorted way before my car arrives.
Mine wouldn't quote until the legislation passes. Might contact them again and be a bit more insistent.

I think you're rolling the dice with an ATO audit if you say it's 100% business use and that's not actually the case. I would encourage people to check with a tax accountant first.
No sorry, I was too brief, my bad. The law will be back dated till 1 July 2022.

Just tell them 100% business untill the law passes, if it doesn't then your on the hook for the full FBT based on your use

Yeah but I think the OP was talking about arranging the finance now by saying it's 100% business use, which is a gamble because the legislation hasn't gone anywhere yet. If it's just for a quote that's one thing, but signing a contract under these conditions is a risk.
My company CFO did exactly that. He just said that the tax will all come out in the wash, and he might have to pay a bill come July. He's obviously in the top tax bracket anyway, so it's a zero sum game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal Cartwright
That's BS from the Novated Lease co.

I got 3 all just put a clause pending the passing of the legislation talk to fingo. You can still get the Novated Lease before it passed. Just tell them it's 100% business use and it's the same $$
I don’t think it’s “BS” as such. It’s what they’re willing to write up in the contract.

100% business use? What happens when you are audited by the ATO?

Reactions: Jmadrox