Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who's in here with EDD Aug-Nov feel like punching someone in the face out of frustration. Seriously this is beyond a joke now. Its as if M3 rwd from feb are forgotten and tesla doesn't want to build them, weve seen long range and perfomance model delivered from march and april orders. And to make it even worse if we dont get vin by next week forget seeing ur car in november, its gunna stretch till december and beyond.

Who's in here with EDD Aug-Nov feel like punching someone in the face out of frustration. Seriously this is beyond a joke now. Its as if M3 rwd from feb are forgotten and tesla doesn't want to build them, weve seen long range and perfomance model delivered from march and april orders. And to make it even worse if we dont get vin by next week forget seeing ur car in november, its gunna stretch till december and beyond.
100%, totally over it to be honest. November isnt going to happen now.

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
As another (late) Feb RWD order, I hear you Dany. I keep sane by the good folks in this group, knowing a) there are others with the same frustration, b) Feb orders were at Feb prices c) currently they are only a few weeks past my 7 months (worst case) delivery estimate (there was a shutdown) and d) everyone says it's worth the wait … but agree Nov is looking very doubtful.

Flipside, I don’t like that my trade value is depreciating by the week, some features (USS) are being changed as we wait (TBC), and I am likely to get a late-2022 plated vehicle as we turn into 2023.

I chatted with my SA last week re: process, and he also indicated we should have positive movement soon… 🫤😴

Woo Hoo I think. First communication from Tesla since the "Welcome to Tesla family" email when I placed the order. Opened the App and there is a little blue dot over my avatar. Go to the inbox and it says "Welcome to new inbox" Grrr. At least I don't have to worry about changing expected delivery dates, having not had one since prior to placing the order.

Maybe if the AUD rebounds to 75 cents we will get more priority.

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
Woo Hoo I think. First communication from Tesla since the "Welcome to Tesla family" email when I placed the order. Opened the App and there is a little blue dot over my avatar. Go to the inbox and it says "Welcome to new inbox" Grrr. At least I don't have to worry about changing expected delivery dates, having not had one since prior to placing the order.

Maybe if the AUD rebounds to 75 cents we will get more priority.
Got the same blue dot and new inbox thing. Not expecting anything else given I'm a mid March order.

It will barring any unusual circumstances
Not for us in Perth, the transhipment vessel doesn't arrive until the 10th December which means that after factoring in Christmas we will be into the new year... if they even ship on the next Armacup vessels (and thats a huge if!) that'll be pretty much 11 months for a car I was told would be 5 months when I ordered it

Last edited:
Not for us in Perth, the transhipment vessel doesn't arrive until the 10th December which means that after factoring in Christmas we will be into the new year... if they even ship on the next Armacup vessels (and thats a huge if!) that'll be pretty much 11 months for a car I was told would be 5 months when I ordered it
Oh, don't count Christmas out, they will be probably back to end of quarter delivery rush between Christmas and new Year's...

I'm feeling the same. The time of the wait isn't the thing worrying me, it's the expiration date of my finance, and the fact that the interest rate will rise sharply if I need to reapply.

Maquarrie have told me they can settle the loan once an invoice has arrived. From what we've seen, invoices are usually 2-7 days after the VIN, which is 2 days after build date. I have finance approved until Jan 4th which gives Tesla the rest of October and the entire November and December to make my car and deliver an invoice.

If they can do that, I'll be happy.
If it is pushed into next year it will be a lot more expensive.
I am in the same boat apart from my finance runs out on the 05/11 so very unlikely I’ll have a VIN by then, gutted to be losing out on such a good finance deal 😢

I am in the same boat apart from my finance runs out on the 05/11 so very unlikely I’ll have a VIN by then, gutted to be losing out on such a good finance deal 😢
For me that ship has sailed (pun intended) finance expired at the weekend. Maquarie now over 6% so may go elsewhere when the VIN finally drops. Some credit unions are offering Green vehicle loans around the 4.5% mark

Reactions: JoK77 and notout