Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now at 242 days, 8 Months to the day from order - still no sign of the elusive VIN. EDD still showing Aug-Nov 2022. Thinking that if VINs are not assigned at sea we are going to be bumped to Q1 2023 which really sucks!!
This whole waiting game is now beyond a joke as I'm about reach my human limit of staying patient. Should go for a MY21 second hand.

Reactions: Draco
This whole waiting game is now beyond a joke as I'm about reach my human limit of staying patient. Should go for a MY21 second hand.
If they gave updates and communicated and not just leave people in the dark. That would make the experience better. I know Tesla is not the only car company with bad communication (It's basically all of them) but I'm still frustrated.

If they gave updates and communicated and not just leave people in the dark. That would make the experience better. I know Tesla is not the only car company with bad communication (It's basically all of them) but I'm still frustrated.
What more updates are you after? I get it's frustrating but at the same time they really can't give out any information. Being told you they have no updates is equally as frustrating as just getting none. I'm not defending the communication here, it frustates me to but when you take a step back It's no different to any other item you would buy that's on BackOrder.

You pay the deposit
You get given an ETA
Cars on the way you get an updated ETA
Cars ready for pickup , you organize pickup and payment

Outside of the EDD they can't really do much when the cars are built in a day and on a ship shortly after.
A ship name would be nice I guess but other manufacturers don't necessarily do that either

Reactions: MozMan
Don Juan, morning cherry and morning crystal could be possible ships.

21 October NZ- Schedule.jpg

Don Juan, morning cherry and morning crystal could be possible ships.

View attachment 866032
With Morning cherry and crystal you wont get the cars in november so once again tesla will blow the promise for those who have aug-nov edd.just like they did previously with 5-7 months from feb or earlier orders. After the allocations that happened early this week it shows that tesla allocate cars that has been built randomly and not based on orders so you are lucky if ur order matches what they have built. For example im 20 feb order white on black with 19" so based on this combination i dont think tesla will have many build like that so im gunna assume that my car wont be here till end of december. And now im at a point if im not gunna receive my car by end november im cancelling my order for a second hand market or even a model y. Im sick of waiting for this *sugar* to arrive. Starting to hate the car before even taking possession of it.

I’m really keen to get ultra sonic sensors because my car park at home is super tight. If we get bumped to a later model I’ll be seriously reconsidering my options.
The ultrasonic sensors are more of a nuisance, under 30cm the chime will go off like crazy. With it, FSD will have too many phantom braking at low speed and trust me it’s usefulness is overrated…

• Informative
Reactions: Mal Cartwright
With Morning cherry and crystal you wont get the cars in november so once again tesla will blow the promise for those who have aug-nov edd.just like they did previously with 5-7 months from feb or earlier orders. After the allocations that happened early this week it shows that tesla allocate cars that has been built randomly and not based on orders so you are lucky if ur order matches what they have built. For example im 20 feb order white on black with 19" so based on this combination i dont think tesla will have many build like that so im gunna assume that my car wont be here till end of december. And now im at a point if im not gunna receive my car by end november im cancelling my order for a second hand market or even a model y. Im sick of waiting for this *sugar* to arrive. Starting to hate the car before even taking possession of it.
I'm hoping March orders get their cars before December.......

so many SA's kept saying "if your EDD says Nov, you will get car" "we are not anticipating any delays", "its on track as per your EDD". just proves time and time again, they don't have any clues. they were typically assuming Tesla would build cars at the start of the quarter, which they haven't in bulk for M3 this quarter. or may be they forgot to mention fine print 'Nov delivery only for MY'.

What more updates are you after? I get it's frustrating but at the same time they really can't give out any information. Being told you they have no updates is equally as frustrating as just getting none. I'm not defending the communication here, it frustates me to but when you take a step back It's no different to any other item you would buy that's on BackOrder.

You pay the deposit
You get given an ETA
Cars on the way you get an updated ETA
Cars ready for pickup , you organize pickup and payment

Outside of the EDD they can't really do much when the cars are built in a day and on a ship shortly after.
A ship name would be nice I guess but other manufacturers don't necessarily do that either
I think they could do a whole lot more:
-let us know when Australian vehicles are being produced
- give a more accurate edd based on this and provide an update
- let us know when the car is being shipped.
For such a high tech company, I can't imagine it would be very hard to have an automatic update in the app that shows the progress of your car.

I think they could do a whole lot more:
-let us know when Australian vehicles are being produced
- give a more accurate edd based on this and provide an update
- let us know when the car is being shipped.
For such a high tech company, I can't imagine it would be very hard to have an automatic update in the app that shows the progress of your car.
exactly. production planning and ship bookings for the whole quarter has to have already been done. it is reasonable to expect communication on when the AU production run(s) will be.