Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, first-time poster. I was forced out of my shell seeing the barrage of Melbourne VINs that rained down yesterday without getting one for myself. I ordered online (with no SA involved) on 16th March. Since then I have modified the design up to four times - changing the paint color from red to white and vice versa. My last change (red exterior to white) was less than a week ago which set my order date back to 20/10/2022 as per my updated order agreement.

Two questions:
  • Which order date do you think Tesla might be working with here? 16/03 (my first order date) or 20/10 (the date of my last design changes)?
  • How do you think making design changes affects wait time generally?
Current design: M3, RWD, white paint, black interior

BTW, I have a novated lease quote with $93.94/fortnight fleet insurance. Is this a reasonable price? I have the option of bringing my own insurance company. Can someone point me to a few insurance companies I could talk to?
no, it won't impact your queuing date if your changes happened before you allocated a vin.

My EDD also changed yesterday to Nov-Dec dates after the Tesla vision prompt (no Vin) and I was so happy until I realised this was potentially just a bug. Ordered in Feb and feels like I might never get the

Same for me

Same here.

Another Melbournian here. EDD has updated. It was Nov 30 - Dec 14. It is now Nov 20 - Dec 4.

I shall update the spreadsheet! Microsoft Forms

What might be of interest is EDD / VIN was only assigned two days ago for me.
Exactly the same change for me too. No VIN is shown on my account page but there is a VIN in the page source code. I emailed Tesla asking when VIN likely to be assigned and the reply was it would happen closer to the delivery date.

Reactions: Minties
So we're at the end of October and there are no more Armacup ships coming after Don Juan. Possibly other shipping lines but who knows. In my heart I'm not real confident about there being any more ships coming before Christmas (based on zero facts or knowledge mind you). Is this correct that at this stage we've only seen cars allocated as follows?

- Gold Coast: around 2 weeks' worth of RWD orders from (approx) 5-19 February order dates
- Sydney (select areas only): around 2 weeks' worth of RWD orders from (approx) 5-19 February order dates
- Melbourne: around 3 weeks' worth of RWD orders from early to late February order dates plus a scattering of LR and P going out as far as mid May

Nothing for: Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Darwin, TAS or anywhere else. Surely there's going to be more... If not, that's pretty pathetic for a whole uninterrupted quarter to not even clear a fortnight of orders for the whole country.

no, it won't impact your queuing date if your changes happened before you allocated a vin.
What my SA said when asked about this was: If you change exterior colours (and maybe interior) you will join another queue of cars.
They have separate build queues for different colours, some move fast (like black/black or white/black) and some move slow (like red/white).
If he ordered in March but then changed his colour again in October his order would have moved to the back of the new queue (i.e. moved from his spot in the red queue to the back of the white queue). Your reservation number does not change however.

Anyone else been dreaming of their Tesla? 😂 Reading this chat 24/7 has left me with nightmares of not getting the car or getting the wrong one.
giphy.gif

there are no more Armacup ships coming after Don Juan. Possibly other shipping lines but who knows. In my heart I'm not real confident about there being any more ships coming before Christmas (based on zero facts or knowledge mind you).
Stop focusing on the Armacup schedule.

Tesla's using several shipping lines and if you look at any given port schedule you'll see there are always dozens of vehicle transporters arriving in Australia.

We're not even through the first month of the quarter, plus Tesla seems to be allocating VINs at least a week after the cars were built - while they're already on a ship - so it's way too early to give up all hope.

Reactions: Braz and moa999
What my SA said when asked about this was: If you change exterior colours (and maybe interior) you will join another queue of cars.
They have separate build queues for different colours, some move fast (like black/black or white/black) and some move slow (like red/white).
If he ordered in March but then changed his colour again in October his order would have moved to the back of the new queue (i.e. moved from his spot in the red queue to the back of the white queue). Your reservation number does not change however.
then it's different from what my SA told me when I changed my interior color. I placed my order on 25 Feb. I changed my interior to white on 9th Sep. Let's see when I will receive my vin

So we're at the end of October and there are no more Armacup ships coming after Don Juan. Possibly other shipping lines but who knows. In my heart I'm not real confident about there being any more ships coming before Christmas (based on zero facts or knowledge mind you). Is this correct that at this stage we've only seen cars allocated as follows?

- Gold Coast: around 2 weeks' worth of RWD orders from (approx) 5-19 February order dates
- Sydney (select areas only): around 2 weeks' worth of RWD orders from (approx) 5-19 February order dates
- Melbourne: around 3 weeks' worth of RWD orders from early to late February order dates plus a scattering of LR and P going out as far as mid May

Nothing for: Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Darwin, TAS or anywhere else. Surely there's going to be more... If not, that's pretty pathetic for a whole uninterrupted quarter to not even clear a fortnight of orders for the whole country.
Ah, I just looked Morning Cherry leaves 8/11 so don't give up hope yet.
i am 12/3 sydney order and I hope to be on Don Juan. My hope is they will now allocated Sydney for a couple of days the Brisbane for a couple then it sails.
so hang in there until Saturday at least for this shipment as they may be working up the coast....that's what I tell myself 😎

Anyone else been dreaming of their Tesla? 😂 Reading this chat 24/7 has left me with nightmares of not getting the car or getting the wrong one. View attachment 867554
No dreams yet but definitely a lot of thinking about it as I go to sleep and a lot of visualizing the day that I get to finally install my $1k worth of accessories!

Last edited:
Reactions: JessicaDeleeuw
then it's different from what my SA told me when I changed my interior color. I placed my order on 25 Feb. I changed my interior to white on 9th Sep. Let's see when I will receive my vin
What the SA means is that you will go into the queue for that particular colour effective when you ordered the vehicle. You won't go to the back of the queue. Tesla manufactures in batches so depending on your specifications you may receive the vehicle at a different date compared to other orders places on the same date.