Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, you get some sweet subsidies down there! Queensland set the cutoff for their subsidy just below the price of a Tesla, and we still get slammed the full rego. They do graciously drop the stamp duty, however... though it's not eliminated.
Try Victoria, you get nothing on top of nothing then get slapped with 2.6c per km

We get like $100 off rego

You're forgetting the $1500 for white interior.

The convience of available now is also a huge selling point

Convenience is the huge factor at play here.

I didn't compare the white seats because I personally don't want those, and it was just a quick mock up of a grey used vs grey new.

The Model 3 has also had another price rise since my order. So a brand new order today spec'd exactly the same would be $79,173 (grey, white, EAP). This configuration wouldn't be eligible for SA's subsidies, and other states don't have many at all anyway.

So this used vs a brand new is: $71,292 vs $79,173

That is a decent difference, and it would be delivered within a week or two for a new buyer vs 9+ months.

But for those of us with orders at lower prices, it might not be worth it.

Reactions: Snoopy1
Damn, you get some sweet subsidies down there! Queensland set the cutoff for their subsidy just below the price of a Tesla, and we still get slammed the full rego. They do graciously drop the stamp duty, however... though it's not eliminated.
Yep Anastasia Pile-a-*sugar* talking climate change on one hand but not doing anything to assist. Not that I think EVs are assisting with anything climate related, but that isnt the mainsteam thinking!! Solar panels are the same in Qld, little to no incentive to install. Years ago living here was the cheapest with the best rebates on all this stuff, but no longer!

Reactions: Missimpatient
For anyone in Perth that is interested, Synergy (our only power provider in WA so this isn't an endorsement of a particular company), have just released a new energy plan called the Electric Vehicle Add On that gives better rates in the middle of the day and overnight, it does have a big peak charge between 3pm and 9pm of 50c a kW but I've run the figures on my actual usage and it works out cheaper even before I have a car to charge at home.

Car needs to be registered in the same name as on your Synergy bill to be eligible which sucks for company purchased cars, but for others it seems quite good:
https://www.synergy.net.au/Your-home/Energy-plans/Electric-Vehicle-Add-On

Supply charge per day: 120c
Tariffs:

• Overnight (11pm to 6am) - 18c
Take advantage of the second lowest rate for electricity by shifting the time you charge your EV to during this period.

• Peak (3pm to 9pm) - 50c
Where possible avoid or use less electricity during this time as it has a higher rate.

• Super Off Peak (9am to 3pm) - 8c
You could save by shifting your electricity use to this period, which offers the lowest electricity charge.

• Off Peak (6am to 9am / 9pm to 11pm) - 22c
These two time periods offer a rate between the Peak, Overnight and Super Off Peak rates.

For anyone in Perth that is interested, Synergy (our only power provider in WA so this isn't an endorsement of a particular company), have just released a new energy plan called the Electric Vehicle Add On that gives better rates in the middle of the day and overnight, it does have a big peak charge between 3pm and 9pm of 50c a kW but I've run the figures on my actual usage and it works out cheaper even before I have a car to charge at home.

Car needs to be registered in the same name as on your Synergy bill to be eligible which sucks for company purchased cars, but for others it seems quite good:
Electric Vehicle Add On

Supply charge per day: 120c
Tariffs:

• Overnight (11pm to 6am) - 18c
Take advantage of the second lowest rate for electricity by shifting the time you charge your EV to during this period.

• Peak (3pm to 9pm) - 50c
Where possible avoid or use less electricity during this time as it has a higher rate.

• Super Off Peak (9am to 3pm) - 8c
You could save by shifting your electricity use to this period, which offers the lowest electricity charge.

• Off Peak (6am to 9am / 9pm to 11pm) - 22c
These two time periods offer a rate between the Peak, Overnight and Super Off Peak rates.
For no Perth users, I've looked at a similar plan with Red Energy:

1667444051368.png