Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my SA, apparently vins have been assigned in Melbourne from Feb up to early March; and he thinks over the next month or so they will be clearing out the remaining orders (Not too sure how helpful or true that is).
I think that's already mostly true. From what I've seen Melbourne is the one city that's had a decent amount of action this quarter and most of the Feb to early March orders look as though they have been assigned. They've just left some gaps so there are still people in that order range who have been left out unfortunately.

Last edited:
Simple maths based on the production rate of MY vs M3.
That would mean they make really few Model 3-s compared to Model Y-s. They mentioned the production rate of about 1000 Model 3-s per day and about 2000 Model Y-s per day after the factory upgrades, however if you look at Australia deliveries for last month:
"Tesla reported 33 Model 3 sedans and 1076 Model Y SUVs as delivered"
That math does not really add up. If they can produce and ship the Model Y here that should be the case for Model 3 also...

You’ll need to make up a copy of your signature. Take a photo of your signature, and edit it to remove the mask around the actual signing. Then save that. You can then overlay that on any document that requires a digital signature, as it’s just the lines of the pen without the background. I use a Mac, but there are dozens of videos out there that explain how to’s for all systems. You don’t need to buy stuff or download either.
I airdropped to my iPad and signed using the pencil, is that considered ok?

One of my friend Ordered M3 LR around late May 2022 (Canberra) got a text from tesla that his car will be delivered soon and get the finances ready, delivery date is not confirmed yet and app did not update, is this one off or more people getting this msgs? I have ordered mine early May same M3 LR (Sydney) but no luck for me:)
Interesting... My order is May 11 in CBR for an LR (W/B) but no noise from Tesla yet and app still says 9 to 12 months...

Couple of recent photos of pickups from Mulgrave on Facebook as well as someone commented it this morning after calling them
Hmm interesting, I wonder what prompted the change.

Doesn't bother me *too much*, but if I was given a choice I would go slimline black, but it also doesn't bother me enough that I would change them after the fact.

Does anyone know if recent pick ups were given a choice or it was a sudden surprise on the day?

Source? When I ordered the options were slimline black or custom. I didn't think standard plates were issued on Tesla's?
They must have started this recently because that's what my SA said too. You have to pay extra for the black slimline.

Pretty annoying considering I've never seen a Tesla on those ugly white and blue default plates before - looks like black slimline was previously standard

They must have started this recently because that's what my SA said too. You have to pay extra for the black slimline.

Pretty annoying considering I've never seen a Tesla on those ugly white and blue default plates before - looks like black slimline was previously standard
Slimline black is definitely considered a premium plate and it does cost extra on any car. It looks like previously Tesla just incorporated that cost into the order but now are looking to cut costs and will start issuing the standard plate instead unless the customer pays extra.

As long as I get an option to select slimline black closer to delivery (hopefully they ask/give you the option?) I will even gladly pay the extra fee, it'll be a few hundred dollars, easier to just pick it up with slimline black than change it later.

Okay thought I'd check my order agreement and it has a plate fee of $190, which lines up with the slimline black cost on the custom plates website. This gives me confidence that I should be getting a slimline black, unless there is a change on the final invoice.

Standard issue plates are $40.

So if you're paying $190 for a plate fee on the final invoice you should definitely get a slimline black! Otherwise that fee should just be $40.

Okay thought I'd check my order agreement and it has a plate fee of $190, which lines up with the slimline black cost on the custom plates website. This gives me confidence that I should be getting a slimline black, unless there is a change on the final invoice.

Standard issue plates are $40.

So if you're paying $190 for a plate fee on the final invoice you should definitely get a slimline black! Otherwise that fee should just be $40.
Checked my invoice, in the "on road fees" section it does not mention an itemised value, but it does say "Plate Type: STANDARD" - so I guess it's not slim line.

Edit: actually, it does include a value for "License Plate Fee" - with a value of $190. I think this is worthy of a call to an SA. I'm going to see what they say...

Reactions: Pierce11
Checked my invoice, in the "on road fees" section it does not mention an itemised value, but it does say "Plate Type: STANDARD" - so I guess it's not slim line.

Edit: actually, it does include a value for "License Plate Fee" - with a value of $190. I think this is worthy of a call to an SA. I'm going to see what they say...
Definitely!! Curious on what you are told. As if you are being charged $190 it should absolutely be a slimline black plate, they are even making a small profit on the plate (actual price from VicRoads is $185).

With a standard issue plate I believe it can only be directly passed on ($39.20 being the precise price).