Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Miraculous Ace is on it's final stretch :)

Capture.JPG

Well the Model Y-s dont seem to have that shipping problem, so its most likely planning side on Tesla team, they either dont make enough of them or they book most of their shipping capacity for Model Y-s and dont have enough availability left over for Model 3-s.
And where was Model Y on the 'leaderboard' of car sales numbers for last quarter? Pretty good for a new release right?
But couldn't have happened without a very dedicated effort to ship large amounts to fill orders placed.
We've mentioned 'prioritisation of markets' before. I feel there has been some 'prioritisation of media-worthy sales success stories'

And where was Model Y on the 'leaderboard' of car sales numbers for last quarter? Pretty good for a new release right?
But couldn't have happened without a very dedicated effort to ship large amounts to fill orders placed.
We've mentioned 'prioritisation of markets' before. I feel there has been some 'prioritisation of media-worthy sales success stories'
It could also be margains are higher on a model Y. I have read that cars with upgrades get priority. Either way, today marks exactly 8 months since I placed order from the original (6 to 9 month estimate) so keenly waiting for my christmas gift

Exactly, they needed to create that FOMO feeling for people to think it's the car they need to buy because everyone else is buying it.

It could also be margains are higher on a model Y. I have read that cars with upgrades get priority. Either way, today marks exactly 8 months since I placed order from the original (6 to 9 month estimate) so keenly waiting for my christmas gift
I wonder how successful prioritising those with upgrades is for them? No amount of wait time is going to make me fork out more money.

Reactions: penn_ and BegaPride
Well the Model Y-s dont seem to have that shipping problem, so its most likely planning side on Tesla team, they either dont make enough of them or they book most of their shipping capacity for Model Y-s and dont have enough availability left over for Model 3-s.
Tinfoil hat time, but I think it's a standoff between customers and Tesla. Tesla are hoping that customers will cancel, either switching to a Model Y (higher profit margin for Tesla) or just cancel, so Tesla can sell that Model 3 at a higher price than was locked in 8-12 months ago

In the first page after you select your car, there should be 4 options (delivery location, trade in, registration and payment method). If you click on the plus next to payment method, you should get the three options for payment (cash, operational lease and finance lease).View attachment 874522
My page just has 'Payment Method' and none of the other sections. It also turns into a tick when you've paid the full amount owing. I had to email and check if my registration was received (it was) because the account page wasn't showing it!

Reactions: Dilepa
Tinfoil hat time, but I think it's a standoff between customers and Tesla. Tesla are hoping that customers will cancel, either switching to a Model Y (higher profit margin for Tesla) or just cancel, so Tesla can sell that Model 3 at a higher price than was locked in 8-12 months ago
I agree with you. Glad you mentioned it as my wife says the same thing.
I do think Tesla is waiting for those with Q1 orders to crack and do as you say.
be interesting how successful they are at achieving that, particularly if there is a dearth of VINs in the next few days for our Q1 orders.
But I for one will wait them out.......just on a stubborn matter of principle that I have developed towards this order and their shipping priorities over the months 😊

I agree with you. Glad you mentioned it as my wife says the same thing.
I do think Tesla is waiting for those with Q1 orders to crack and do as you say.
be interesting how successful they are at achieving that, particularly if there is a dearth of VINs in the next few days for our Q1 orders.
But I for one will wait them out.......just on a stubborn matter of principle that I have developed towards this order and their shipping priorities over the months 😊
I'm going to wait them out too. My subaru will run another 10 years so if they want to sell me a LR for 78k in 2032 they can.