Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wait for the final investigation report, don't jump to conclusion. But it does make me wonder why these weird Tesla incident happens mostly in China. Maybe this is a good thing for us, less ppl order in china means more allocation for the rest of the market.
And less Ys sold, or especially if there's a recall, means more shipping space for 3s and a need to replace the revenue.

My EDD changed from Feb 2023-May2023 to 11 Dec - 25 Dec.
OD 22/08/22
M3 Red/Black RWD
From Perth. should I start with finance application? as I still have not provided with any payment options. Not sure if the EDD will change back to Feb-May. And I can't find any VIN through source code either.
Definitely get your finance sorted you lucky bustard. Not salty at all about Tesla being incompetent.

Anyone else thinking how good that blacked out roof looked đź‘€

Cant wait to get my M3 done
I bet those who were flying over the roof weren't thinking too much about the blacking.

I think it's possible in a drive-by-wire system for a failure to occur, resulting in a forced acceleration. Having said that, I don't think the brakes are DBW, and there's no sign of burning brakes trying to stop the car.

My EDD changed from Feb 2023-May2023 to 11 Dec - 25 Dec.
OD 22/08/22
M3 Red/Black RWD
From Perth. should I start with finance application? as I still have not provided with any payment options. Not sure if the EDD will change back to Feb-May. And I can't find any VIN through source code either.
Good to see there seems to be clearing up a backlog. One assumes that the same is for the next in line for the east coast. There would be a lot more, so movement won't seem as quick, but the movement for WA is a positive sign (I hope!).

Hi, everyone.
Im originally from china, and I watch a lot of new in china. I feel like to share the latest incident of the model Y's brake failure. The lost control and then traveled 2km on high speed then killed two ppl in china. The driver claims his brake pedal became resistant. This incident has been escalated to a national level, and still under investigation. Can refer to the CCTV footage released by officials below.

I'm very concerned about this as there are other owners one Chinese social media reporting they have encountered similar experience (ABS malfunction on bumpy road).
I AM NOT HERE TO UPSET ANYONE...

I have ordered my model 3 on 25th Mar. , still no VIN, EDD DEC. 2022 to Jan. 2023

Hope to arise some attention on this matter, does anyone had this experience on the Australian versions ?
If the pedals are not responding as you think they should, lift off and hold down the Park Button / lever to bring the car to a stop. It appears that the person involved did not know this and only pressed Park momentarily, this procedure is in the manual. #RTFM.

Reactions: Snoopy1 and choppa
Good to see there seems to be clearing up a backlog. One assumes that the same is for the next in line for the east coast. There would be a lot more, so movement won't seem as quick, but the movement for WA is a positive sign (I hope!).
Based on the current Tesla new inventory listing's it looks like there is no WA backlog

This is not a brake failure.

This is an idiot in a car putting his/her foot down on the pedal and not letting go
I could not agree more. I suspect they were pressing accelerator instead of brakes.
No brake lights, no brakes applied working or not, brake failure does not cause rapid acceleration. Tesla have already reported no brakes applied but gas pedal constantly down.
I have been driving a Model 3 for over 3 years and I barely ever touch the brake pedals. When you lift your foot off the accelerator, the brake lights come on and the motor will start breaking for you to put energy back in the battery even if you do not touch the brakes. Running this way for kilometers without stopping means they had to have accelerator still on.

Based on the current Tesla new inventory listing's it looks like there is no WA backlog

Not now after they've just cleared it? i thought that was the latest lot of VINs that were being reported here.

Don Juan is one day behind schedule already and still mucking about near Port Kembla :(
I just want it to arrive in Port Melbourne by the 18th so I can grab my car before I go on holiday on the 24th...
Otherwise I will have to recruit a friend to pick the car up for me

1668571871746.png

Don Juan is one day behind schedule already and still mucking about near Port Kembla :(
I just want it to arrive in Port Melbourne by the 18th so I can grab my car before I go on holiday on the 24th...
Otherwise I will have to recruit a friend to pick the car up for me

View attachment 875059
Do we know if people from multiple states are expecting cars on this boat? What are is your delivery window of you are?

You cant possibly know that for a fact... keep an open mind.
You reckon the car magically accelerated full tilt without any input what so ever and the brakes failed...all at the same time and continued for multiple KM's? Tesla has multiple sensors for acceleration so it's not just oops, sensor broke. Let's go full tilt. The brakes are also the same as literally every other car. The cars computer can't just decide that the brakes won't work when pressed.

Not to mention when you take your foot off the accelerator in an EV it starts slowing down and the brake lights light up as if the brake was manually pushed, of which also DIDN'T happen.

The logs have already shown the driver had the pedal pushed to the floor and didn't apply the brakes once

Video: 'Out of control' Tesla Model Y crash in China leaves two dead, three injured

Ill keep an open mind if you stop being ridiculous
Even if it did arrive on the 18th, you had next to no chance of picking up by the 24th

• Disagree
Reactions: ecatt