Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realised how lucky we are compared to the states.

We get the 3D7 Motor which gives 192kw vs Freemont M3s which uses 3D5 that tops out at 180kw.
I'd pay very little attention to quoted power figures anywhere, without a back to back on a dyno to confirm.

Here in NZ the same shanghai built cars are entered into our national registration database as 208kw eg (https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=PHP920). I doubt we get a different motor or controller, but I haven't stuck my head under to check for the 3d7 sticker yet.

The earlier faster M3 SR+ got registered with 195kW power rating, (https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=NFQ748).

Last edited:
This does not seem like something Tesla would do, before making any payment double check the bank account number is the same as the one on the invoice and check where the text came from.
Sorry it was an email not a text. But it looks super legit. So I'm not sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128-070106.png
    Screenshot_20221128-070106.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 107
Now I'm allowing myself to get excited, 2 days to pickup! 😬

Felt like this day would never arrive
Fully deserved Ian - mid Feb to now is a fair wait - enjoy. Can't think of many 'products' (excl. new house and baby) that in pre-C-19 times have a lead-time of circa 10 months. Now I have a VIN, I have allowed myself to finally start ordering accessories (fun) and researching insurance (boring) etc....

Is there a more appropriate AU thread to ask annoying questions around Type 2 to 2 cables etc etc? 🙂
I am thinking 7 Metres / 22kW for good length and speed.

Last edited:
Can't think of many 'products' that in normal times have a lead-time of circa 10 months.
I've had a few long waits in the last couple of years.

6 months for my RTX 3080
107 days for my new backpack
3ish months for Xbox Series X
New vacuum earlier this year even took 6 weeks!

I also buy a lot of things from shops in china similar to AliExpress, and that includes 5-7 weeks delivery.

If I were to sum up 2022, I'd call it "The year of waiting". However all of the waits are almost complete, and it appears that 2023 is going to be a much better year for almost all products.

Reactions: daisy22