Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just updated to Jan 16 - Feb 6 despite people in ADL getting delivery sms for next week. It'll probably be a year by the time I get it!
Really sorry to hear that SpicySol. Hang in there.

I think a few of us just got lucky with 2022 pick ups. I booked a time within the minute from the text knowing how lucky I was.

I'll just tick over 10 months myself gaining entry into the exclusive 300 days club....so long as there are no last minute hiccups.

Delay, delay delay will continue - I can't go into it without breaching the terms of what I do, and you all know what I do.
I wonder if this may have something to do with it

Or perhaps even this

I also don't think Tesla views Australia as a priority.

Reactions: neilg
My EDD just updated to Jan 16 - Feb 6 despite people in ADL getting delivery sms for next week. It'll probably be a year by the time I get it!
Unbelievable. It makes furious seeing this. If my order is pushed to Feb next year, I will sell it along with all accessories I bought half year ago, yes you heard me right I was stupid enough bought everything that early. We Feb orders have been pushed a few times played like fool I cannot stand one more time, and this time will really hurt. Last straw. FFS.

We should all complain to Tesla and ask for free supercharging for each month we had to wait from order date to delivery? Seems fair i say. most of us are in the 9-10 months so 9-10 months of free supercharging should be some form of compensation.
You are right and I agree Dude, but the reality is they don't care one crumpet about the wait, the buyer or the experience - demand is way too high, and the Feb price point would possibly be seen as some form of compo.

Can't believe the timing the poor Adelaide crew are now seeing - where is the ☹️ or 😡 button?

Unbelievable. It makes furious seeing this. If my order is pushed to Feb next year, I will sell it along with all accessories I bought half year ago, yes you heard me right I was stupid enough bought everything that early. We Feb orders have been pushed a few times played like fool I cannot stand one more time, and this time will really hurt. Last straw. FFS.
Start getting your ad listings ready. Seems like everyone is delayed with more to come according to Veda.

Reactions: ecatt
You are right and I agree Dude, but the reality is they don't care one crumpet about the wait, the buyer or the experience - demand is way too high, and the Feb price point would possibly be seen as some form of compo.

Can't believe the timing the poor Adelaide crew are now seeing - where is the ☹️ or 😡 button?
Demand is not as high anymore plus the upgraded supply capacity made the demand supply ratio even lower. Particularly for LHD for example the lead time for China from order to pickup was ONE week and reportedly many cars are in the inventory, the competition is fierce there thus Tesla decreased the price along with insurance incentive few times in a row recently trying to pick up some sales.

And don’t forget tesla Shanghai only did export production in the first half quarter for a long time, this quarter is the only exception AFAIK.

All in all, demand is low then finally Tesla have to switch to RHD production for poor us. Otherwise no RHD cars were build after 15th Nov 2022 until Jan 2023.

Start getting your ad listings ready. Seems like everyone is delayed with more to come according to Veda.
Nah if it really happens I will have 3 months to draft the ad don’t want to touch it now.
Realised I have already spend way too much time and unnecessary emotion on this thing from anxious to angry to excited and now back to angry seeing people been delayed again and potentially me. Might need to stay away for a bit and just wait for whatever tesla tells me.

As long as your car is on a ship it's out of Tesla's hands
The thing is we even don’t know if that’s the case due to NO communication. I know there is a paid service to reveal more information but as a customer I would expect the seller does their job competently rather than requiring me to get info by myself.
Other car companies don’t inform the transit information either but they do call you and apologise for the delay not just expecting you to refresh the bloody APP 100 times a day then bam! Surprise! Delayed again!

The thing is we even don’t know if that’s the case due to NO communication. I know there is a paid service to reveal more information but as a customer I would expect the seller does their job competently rather than requiring me to get info by myself.
Other car companies don’t inform the transit information either but they do call you and apologise for the delay not just expecting you to refresh the bloody APP 100 times a day then bam! Surprise! Delayed again!
I'll just spoil it for you. For anyone in nsw who's car is on a ship, forget pre Xmas delivery. This is guaranteed.

A lucky few will get it in thr last week of December with bulk in January, that's all I can say without breaking any rules of my subscription services.

We should all complain to Tesla and ask for free supercharging for each month we had to wait from order date to delivery? Seems fair i say. most of us are in the 9-10 months so 9-10 months of free supercharging should be some form of compensation.
12 months free premium connectivity would even soothe the burn

12 months free premium connectivity would even soothe the burn
I think that is all the punters are looking for... just a small acknowledgement of a pain of a year for the Q1/Feb order fee payer-waiters and there is some level of empathy and customer focus. But I don't see it happening.
Again: first world issues, agree that once it's on a boat or at port, that is not Tesla controlled, but they could improve comms if they wanted to focus on it.
Crazy we have gone from app refresh overload to check for VIN progress, to now I don't want to look as I know EDD will shift out again. My 16-30 Dec is next to nil hope - I get it ☹️

Reactions: Ray16022022