Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, it's Friday, Happy Hour time in most of Aus, enough of my 1st world issue moaning and whining I suppose... no one cares 🤣 🍻
Flip side, what are the bonuses of waiting 10-11 months for a car that you hoped would be 5-7 at time of order?
1. Big deal, many other makes and models are 12 months+, so be thankful and get over it?
2. More time to think about what home charging option I am going to put in
3. More time to organise those Evie & other plastic cards things for charging on the road
4. More accessory research and buying time
5. A better appreciation for Public Transport
6. I aint paid for it yet, money better in my bank
7. It will be sooooooooooooooooo worth the wait.. ...Any obvious misses to bring some positivity to close the week? 🙂
There's always one of these every few pages. A delay happens and everyone gets annoyed, then a hero will rise up with "its just a car relax" , "so what xxx manufacturer is worse" , "tesla at least have edds" etc.

It just like the wait is worth it posts and I love it. 😂😂😂

Ok I'll elaborate. It's sitting in Brisbane because the port is congested. I'm part of vedaprimes service, and I'm trying my best to help by giving information without breaking his TOS.

I know very well how it's like to have zero information from Tesla and how fustrating it is, which is why I'm doing this.
So Brisbane is to blame!
God damn Queenslanders, hey 🙄

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it mate.

Sometimes I feel I am pretty much like a kid waiting/begging for a free gift from God Musk, but wait a second, I am paying for it I am a customer how dare them treat me like this. I had Tesla share for a few years as I liked this company (yes I made some money), this year I pulled the trigger to further support (buying a car), but……ahahahhah my first and last Tesla.

Well at least I can see what caused changes in my order - they have assigned me a completely new car! I noticed I had a new final invoice and my VIN has changed and my build date has gone from sometime in November to 13/12. No wonder things keep getting delayed - my original car no doubt assigned to someone else! (Adelaide, ordered 17/3)

Reactions: Robdunc
I assume they still stick to their planned route, unloads, etc. They won't sit at Brisbane for a bit then say "f*#k it, the queue is too long, let's go to the next stop" (which is what I do in traffic or queues 😂).
They totally should.

We’re down here ready, waving them in & rolling out the red carpet.

Then just truck a few back up there from here.

You’re welcome Tesla. Advice on the house 👍

• Funny
Reactions: Missimpatient
After seeing how long some people have had accessories gathering dust while waiting for their car to arrive, I waited until my car was on the truck from Brisbane to Townsville before ordering anything but Australia Post was quick (for a change) and everything still arrived before my car. Can't say how well any of it fits yet, but it all looks decent.
PXL_20221216_084749045.MP~2.jpg

After seeing how long some people have had accessories gathering dust while waiting for their car to arrive, I waited until my car was on the truck from Brisbane to Townsville before ordering anything but Australia Post was quick (for a change) and everything still arrived before my car. Can't say how well any of it fits yet, but it all looks decent.

The benefit of buying sooner is you can basically get all that stuff you bought for half price direct from China (Aliexpress) and yes, i've ordered crap loads from both local and Ali and it's exactly the same quality, you just have to wait longer to get it.

The benefit of buying sooner is you can basically get all that stuff you bought for half price direct from China (Aliexpress) and yes, i've ordered crap loads from both local and Ali and it's exactly the same quality, you just have to wait longer to get it.
I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the non-genuine boot and frunk mats I've seen. The centre console storage bins I'd also rather go genuine than risk creaks or rattles, but I concede that the aftermarket ones may well be fine. I haven't found another decent custom fit windscreen shade other than the one from FitMyCar. The rest of the stuff I could get on AliExpress for sure, but I've been burnt too many times by that site and others like it, so I'd prefer to have a local merchant to deal with. At the end of the day, I've spent $74k on the car, and will be spending a couple of grand more on ceramic coating and window tinting; why cheap out now on the finishing touches?

I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish of the non-genuine boot and frunk mats I've seen. The centre console storage bins I'd also rather go genuine than risk creaks or rattles, but I concede that the aftermarket ones may well be fine. I haven't found another decent custom fit windscreen shade other than the one from FitMyCar. The rest of the stuff I could get on AliExpress for sure, but I've been burnt too many times by that site and others like it, so I'd prefer to have a local merchant to deal with. At the end of the day, I've spent $74k on the car, and will be spending a couple of grand more on ceramic coating and window tinting; why cheap out now on the finishing touches?
I admit it's the cheaper items like floor mats and random accessories bought from AliExpress and have compared it with my mates local purchases which I have compared and they seem comparable. More expensive items like real carbon spoiler, lowering springs and skid plates I purchased locally.

Reactions: Studgun
g delayed and moving
Recent post from VedaPrime said that there will be delays through to mid Jan and it is basically transport delays, not Tesla's fault (I'm paraphrasing, apologies if I got it wrong).

I feel somewhat responsible for the delay. Selling my ICE was bound to jinx it and delay delivery. Sorry everyone 🙏
Could be this one

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Could be this one

Correct, that's the reason for the congestion.

In fairness it's affecting all brands.

So now we know there is quarantine issues and our cars (Eastern coast) is on immacolata(not viking). I think you guys can work out the rest.

Picked up today from Mulgrave.

Delivery experience was ok - Opened the doors to see my nice white seats with large black finger marks on them! Guy called someone over to wipe them clean but I did have to point them out to him (he just went to sit straight on them). Car was clean but not 100% spotless. He then spent 10-15 mins going over all the features on the screen, setting up the phone etc. He specifically told me to keep my LFP RWD at 70-80% charge on a regular basis and only change to 100% for road trips. So yeah. :rolleyes:

Paint work is defect free as far as I could judge - But the cars groves etc are covered with a fine whiteish powder residue - I am wondering if it's some bug disinfectant from the boat? Wipes right off but is in all the groves & along windows etc.

There was also a crease in the back seat leather in the middle as if something heavy had been pushed against it. Will this fix itself in time? Or is this something I should have reported?

Anyway drives great and looks great so I'm happy!

Reactions: Dilepa
Picked up today from Mulgrave.

Delivery experience was ok - Opened the doors to see my nice white seats with large black finger marks on them! Guy called someone over to wipe them clean but I did have to point them out to him (he just went to sit straight on them). Car was clean but not 100% spotless. He then spent 10-15 mins going over all the features on the screen, setting up the phone etc. He specifically told me to keep my LFP RWD at 70-80% charge on a regular basis and only change to 100% for road trips. So yeah. :rolleyes:

Paint work is defect free as far as I could judge - But the cars groves etc are covered with a fine whiteish powder residue - I am wondering if it's some bug disinfectant from the boat? Wipes right off but is in all the groves & along windows etc.

There was also a crease in the back seat leather in the middle as if something heavy had been pushed against it. Will this fix itself in time? Or is this something I should have reported?

Anyway drives great and looks great so I'm happy!

I'm pretty sure at this point anyone here is qualified to be an SA and then some 😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: SpicySol and eidmar
Recent post from VedaPrime said that there will be delays through to mid Jan and it is basically transport delays, not Tesla's fault (I'm paraphrasing, apologies if I got it wrong).

I feel somewhat responsible for the delay. Selling my ICE was bound to jinx it and delay delivery. Sorry everyone 🙏
I did post this and the delays are multifaceted and differ across locations which is why I am on top of things really closely. Delays are set to continue.

I did post this and the delays are multifaceted and differ across locations which is why I am on top of things really closely. Delays are set to continue.
I believe I posted shortly after with my baseless belief that Brisbane deliveries will not be effected, I continue to believe I'll have my car soon based purely on hope and ignorance😁