Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After nagging for close to a month I finally got my final invoice yesterday - build date of 21/11 for a Brisbane delivery. I think they may have messed up the dealer authority registration from as they have my personalised plates so I'm assuming they should have ticked the "yes" box for that and I have to attach the additional form to get them to put my plates on?
They won't put your personalised plates on. I had that option selected and got notified after I submitted my rego form (I'm Brisbane too) that they'll only put standard plates on and you have to go to main roads to switch them over. Have my form ready to do it on the day. Yet another example of how they put their customer first.

They won't put your personalised plates on. I had that option selected and got notified after I submitted my rego form (I'm Brisbane too) that they'll only put standard plates on and you have to go to main roads to switch them over. Have my form ready to do it on the day. Yet another example of how they put their customer first.
They told me a while ago that because they already have possession of my plates they will put them on for me. I've messaged them to ask about the form anyway.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
All we complaint about is July Y orders delivered a long time ago while we still waiting for Feb orders, May LR P orders jumped the queue arrived in August/September.
Don’t forget Feb orders were 20 weeks or 5-7 month estimates.
What on earth COVID supply chain issues only happened to MODEL 3 RWD???

We should appreciate the demand of LHD is declined otherwise our cars even didn’t have a chance to be produced after 15th Nov till Jan 2023.
It’s all about money and ethics nothing else.
I am a mid March LR3 order and I still don’t have a car yet in Qld. So statement is not 100% accurate. I think we will all stop winging when we drive the car home and thank our lucky stars we can afford one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217-112259.png
    Screenshot_20221217-112259.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: radicalEd
I am a mid March LR3 order and I still don’t have a car yet in Qld. So statement is not 100% accurate. I think we will all stop winging when we drive the car home and thank our lucky stars we can afford one.
I have never said ALL LRs were delivered. The fact is there were MANY (not just outliers) delivered hence the statement is true. You are in this thread so I believe you know that. If you don’t you can check the spreadsheet you will see.

I think we will all stop winging when we drive the car home and thank our lucky stars we can afford one.
I admire you are that calm and thank lucky star but many people including me cannot.

No offence but if I am in a restaurant with families have waited for hours and watching people in and out, when I complained but people say: “stop winging you should think about children in Africa don’t have food to eat, first world problem balabala just sit down and wait for another few hours watching other people get served.” I probably can’t control my anger and do something stupid.

• Disagree
Reactions: bingbung00
Yes if it
Does the attitude of a waiter change the taste of the dish or the whole dinning experience despite the waiter doesn’t cook? The next table came late but finished their food before your food came to your table, would you expect an explanation when will you get served or at least a apologetic smile even the waiter doesn’t change the outcome?
Yes if it takes 9 months + for your food to come out.

I'm only gauging peoples opinion. My mate ordered RS3 in Oct and Audi comms have been great. Taking delivery in Feb. Informed every step along the way, when car was built and allocated, what ship its on, etc.

Tesla app is ok. Improvements can be had and follow the Dominos app that gives you progress of the order. Dont expect live videos or real time progress but a few more status progress.

Rant over.

Likely valid views on both sides, but to me if expectations were set a little better upfront, I would probably be in a better frame of mind: eg: "we as SA's really know as much as you, beware your M3 could actually go significantly over our current EDD and hey, our #1 method of communication is the app - don't expect any more or less". To be fair, I am sure some of the sales folks may have messaged that to some at point of order.
Really for me, it's the Y thing that annoys me most as they were not close to orderable in Feb and I see them all around me... every.single.day 🥳.

Yes if it

I'm only gauging peoples opinion. My mate ordered RS3 in Oct and Audi comms have been great. Taking delivery in Feb. Informed every step along the way, when car was built and allocated, what ship its on, etc.

Tesla app is ok. Improvements can be had and follow the Dominos app that gives you progress of the order. Dont expect live videos or real time progress but a few more status progress.

Rant over.
Frankly i dont want to have to pay for people to hold your hand. You get an eta. The ETA is updated when there is a delay. The only extra thing you want is someone to call you and make up a fake story about it (which im sure what most dealers would do).

The same thing goes for batching orders. We save money on the price because tesla doesnt build to order. It's why some people get their order slightly more early. The audi is made to order, and costs 100k.

There are some people who ordered in feb and still dont have their order, I think it's reasonable in that situation to get a call or apology.

Yes if it

Rant over.
Exactly. You reminded me that even buying a few bucks stuff off ebay, when it’s delayed EBay send you SMS, email, app alert to let you know it’s late then compensate you $5 without asking. Even better Amazon just gave it for free after a row of apologetic notifications (I got a $70 worth item for free last week after 2 weeks delay).

SMS email app etc so much more Tesla could do better, it is a simple gesture but Tesla doesn’t care. It’s amazing to see so many people are happy with it.

Reactions: DudeWhereMyCar
Likely valid views on both sides, but to me if expectations were set a little better upfront, I would probably be in a better frame of mind: eg: "we as SA's really know as much as you, beware your M3 could actually go significantly over our current EDD and hey, our #1 method of communication is the app - don't expect any more or less". To be fair, I am sure some of the sales folks may have messaged that to some at point of order.
Really for me, it's the Y thing that annoys me most as they were not close to orderable in Feb and I see them all around me... every.single.day 🥳.
Absolutely can’t agree more. If I knew that I would not order it. Simple like that. Not to mention the Ys on the streets.

Reactions: BegaPride
How are people still complaining about the model Y thing.... They come off different production lines and at the stage they were released, shipping wasn't the issue causing Model 3 delays - it was manufacturing. Makes as much sense as being annoyed that someone got their car from another brand delivered before you.

Be happy for the model Y crew that they got their cars, and be happy for yourself that you didn't change to the ugly sibling Tesla

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
I think we all need to remember that the "E" in EDD stands for "estimated", as in a rough or approximate calculation, and estimates change as circumstances change. I understand it can be frustrating, but being angry will change nothing, so don't let it ruin your day/week/month/year. It's like being cut off in traffic; you can call them a wanker under your breath and continue with your commute, or you can get road rage and be angry about it all day. The outcome for the other person is the same, but you've chosen to let it ruin your own day 🤷

I think we all need to remember that the "E" in EDD stands for "estimated", as in a rough or approximate calculation, and estimates change as circumstances change. I understand it can be frustrating, but being angry will change nothing, so don't let it ruin your day/week/month/year. It's like being cut off in traffic; you can call them a wanker under your breath and continue with your commute, or you can get road rage and be angry about it all day. The outcome for the other person is the same, but you've chosen to let it ruin your own day 🤷
I cant remember the last time I got cut off.

But people not using their indicator properly is really wearing thin - kid you not, at willows today, a woman indicated right entering straight in the roundabout but turned left.. that was a new one for me

Only in Townsville?

• Funny
Reactions: Missimpatient