Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
It's my first post here so please be gentle :D

I ordered a M3 LR on 10 Jan so I'm trying to be patient. I've seen some seriously long wait times for this model and I'm really hopeful everyone will get their cars soon!
My EDD is still Feb to May 23 but I'm thinking that may slide to the right a little with the shipping delays mentioned above. No VIN for me at this stage either. I did manage to grab a UMC in the brief window they were available again so in the event I don't get a Q1 delivery, I'll at least be able to charge at home.

I look forward to keeping an eye on the forums and doing some learning before the car arrives.

Kind regards,
Ballhair
Congratulations. I ordered M3 LR March and still waiting (don't think it is even built yet) so fingers crossed your wait will be shorter than mine:)

Novated lease company has just settled and after 9.5 months delivery day is booked for Saturday! Worth the wait post incoming in a few days time.

For those who want more granular information on ship movements, candidate ships etc, can vouch for Vedaprime service. Was sceptical at first but information is good and haven't really been on here since signing up.

It seems weird that the Tesla website still quotes Feb-May for EDD’s, unless they have a LOT of cars coming in that aren’t allocated to a customer already. At the moment it feels like my car could arrive any time between next week and next year. To be perfectly honest, it won’t take much at all for me to lose interest and cancel the order.

It seems weird that the Tesla website still quotes Feb-May for EDD’s, unless they have a LOT of cars coming in that aren’t allocated to a customer already. At the moment it feels like my car could arrive any time between next week and next year. To be perfectly honest, it won’t take much at all for me to lose interest and cancel the order.
I ordered mine in Aug 2022. Got a call for pickup at new years, however as I was out of the country at the time, they put a pause on my order until I got back to AU. Since the pause was released my EDD went back to Feb-May 2023 and has remained this since. I suspect they get a lot of cars shipped here, they try to allocate them to customers through some mystery process and often the EDD and the order placement date are not really what they use to determine who gets which car. I am hopeful that they will assign a next available option for me as they already have assigned and unassigned one for me when I was away, however I have no idea if I was moved to the end of the list or got released back in front of the queue when they took the pause off my order.

It seems weird that the Tesla website still quotes Feb-May for EDD’s, unless they have a LOT of cars coming in that aren’t allocated to a customer already.
they must be planning to build few this month for May delivery (if not produced already last month). that is the only explanation for Feb-May EDD. what are your order details? one more post and you can create your signature with that detail.

Reactions: MickyD
I ordered mine in Aug 2022. Got a call for pickup at new years, however as I was out of the country at the time, they put a pause on my order until I got back to AU. Since the pause was released my EDD went back to Feb-May 2023 and has remained this since. I suspect they get a lot of cars shipped here, they try to allocate them to customers through some mystery process and often the EDD and the order placement date are not really what they use to determine who gets which car. I am hopeful that they will assign a next available option for me as they already have assigned and unassigned one for me when I was away, however I have no idea if I was moved to the end of the list or got released back in front of the queue when they took the pause off my order.
Hi, I’m a March order and was out of country too over NY. I’m wondering if they tried calling me.

I’m assuming they were able to get to you when they called you which is how you know they attempted to call you?

Asking to decide if it’s worth me calling them or just continue patiently. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi, I’m a March order and was out of country too over NY. I’m wondering if they tried calling me.

I’m assuming they were able to get to you when they called you which is how you know they attempted to call you?

Asking to decide if it’s worth me calling them or just continue patiently. Any advice? Thank you!
Actually I did not have roaming on for my AU number and I had a travelsim in my phone, so I did not get the SMS or phone call but they also sent me an email and I called them back on the Tesla main phone number. Had to call in the middle of the night to get them during business hours here and the lady transferred me to my SA. He actually remembered talking to me months before about me being out of country around Christmas and he found the note he had put on my account with the dates i was away, so he was happy to unassign the car that was assigned to me at that time and said he would put a pause on my account until I was back. And a few hours later my account actually was showing that my order was on hold. So when I got back it changed back to its EDD again.

Actually I did not have roaming on for my AU number and I had a travelsim in my phone, so I did not get the SMS or phone call but they also sent me an email and I called them back on the Tesla main phone number. Had to call in the middle of the night to get them during business hours here and the lady transferred me to my SA. He actually remembered talking to me months before about me being out of country around Christmas and he found the note he had put on my account with the dates i was away, so he was happy to unassign the car that was assigned to me at that time and said he would put a pause on my account until I was back. And a few hours later my account actually was showing that my order was on hold. So when I got back it changed back to its EDD again.
Thank you so much! Very clear. Yeah, I imagined they’d send me an email. So all good. I’ll continue waiting patiently 😄. I erroneously wrote “im a March order”. I meant May. I guess I have some time to go. Enjoy your car when you get it! Good to see people getting em.