Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are still waiting to pick up 2022 manufactured models. We have endured Shanghai lockdown in mid 2022 and now enduring Australian port lockdown (sort of). We will be picking up 2022 manufactured model in March (earliest) 2023. Let's not rub salt by reminding us.....😂
My EDD is 23 Feb- 16 Mar, car is on the Prestige Ace which has joined the queue at Melbourne, build date on invoice is 16 Jan 2023. So some cars delivered in the next few weeks will be 2023 build.

Turandot (best possible ship for me based on my build date) has unloaded cars on to the port on 8/2 (after weeks waiting outside the port). my EDD at that time was 9/2 to 20/2. it has changed since then twice and now showing 10/3 to 31/3. if your ship has still not docked, then (and I genuinely hope I am wrong), your EDD will slip a lot. There was a good post with a link to the article explaining the real bottleneck and reasons for these recent delays. the port must be still full of cars unloaded from Turandot and Crystal. until they clear space, other ships will keep waiting outside. and once unloaded from Prestige Ace, they will go through the same slow process of clearance and transport. Don't think cars from "Prestige Ace" will be delivered to customers in next few weeks. I would suggest re-calibrating your expectation to not get disappointed (I know I am).

Turandot (best possible ship for me based on my build date) has unloaded cars on to the port on 8/2 (after weeks waiting outside the port). my EDD at that time was 9/2 to 20/2. it has changed since then twice and now showing 10/3 to 31/3. if your ship has still not docked, then (and I genuinely hope I am wrong), your EDD will slip a lot. There was a good post with a link to the article explaining the real bottleneck and reasons for these recent delays. the port must be still full of cars unloaded from Turandot and Crystal. until they clear space, other ships will keep waiting outside. and once unloaded from Prestige Ace, they will go through the same slow process of clearance and transport. Don't think cars from "Prestige Ace" will be delivered to customers in next few weeks. I would suggest re-calibrating your expectation to not get disappointed (I know I am).
I have no expectation other than things will change. Having worked in border management, I know very few things occur on a date planned weeks earlier. Delays will occur given the current circumstances, movement to the left of the timescale is not unheard though in the cargo trade.

First time positing ! Vin allocated and on the Prestige ace. OD 13/07/2022
Have been given a great contact for Novated leasing also if anyone is interested - I didn't realize how big the benefit was !
Does your vin have the letter P in it? Curious if its a 2022 or 2023 model. Would be able to work it if its a reallocation thats already in Aus or definitely a newly built 2023 car.

Reports that the late 2023 Model 3 LR will have a 92kwh battery. The P will be trimotor

This "journalist" doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

The power output and battery capacity has not changed in today's RoVeR update.

I've attached PDF copies of the May 2022 Road Vehicle Desciptor, as well as today's update. Feel free to compare the two.

The only difference is they no longer talk about the transmission (pointless?) and apparently the P variant can now optionally come with the RWD suspension.

Attachments

• Model320230215.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • Model320220526.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
What's his track record like for this kind of stuff?
No idea, but in this case he appears to have jumped the gun in the rush to be first to publish.
There was a reply to Veda's tweet about the RoVeR update speculating about a new "4th" model.

I knew this was already there last year when I was comparing Model 3 and Model Y power and battery capacities, which is why I realised pretty quickly nothing had changed.

But anyone looking at today's RoVeR update and comparing with power and battery ratings from elsewhere is going to add 1+1 and come up with 3.

Picked up yesterday from Chatswood, after waiting for an eternity to get my hands on this peice of beauty!

No hassle pickup, car was charged to 100%, didn't notice anything discernible apart from water bubbles/residue from the cleaning. The red is stunning, and it goes faster too 😉

SA grasped at the amount of time I had to wait, and said I could have booked last week to collect the same spec today (they have stuff in the inventory).

Autopilot was calibrated within 20 mins. One hiccup with the autopilot was that it didn't recognise the drop in speed limit inside Northconnex, and the car did around 100-200 metres above the speed limit (it was 75 KMPH against the speed limit of 70 KMPH). Don't wanna kop a fine, but hey, there's stuff to learn (you should always have control).

Amazing sound system, baby seemed to love it too (didn't cry for most of the 80 KMs we drove yesterday). Hope that stays true 🙂

Is it worth the wait? The hell it is 😍

Sending my love to all those in the waiting room, the queue, and those that have achieved driving nirvana after having taken delivery of this car ❤️
Hi thanks for sharing. Just wondering if your car still came with the mobile universal charger with 10A and 15A plugs?