Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had our Tesla Model 3 rwd for nearly a month now. Absolutely worth the wait. We did have to get used to the regenerative braking and one peddle driving but found we got used to this after only a hour or so of driving. We have learnt many quirks or characteristics on how the car handles, brakes and the acceleration. Speaking of acceleration, even as a rwd model it accelerates like nothing else I have driven. It seems to accelerate at the same rate at any speed so entering on to a road with traffic often entices you to get up to speed instantly!
Only had phantom braking once when traveling into a sunset and was close to a large truck and an overbridge came into the picture.
The auto pilot lane keeping is great and cruise is ok generally but can be scary over 80kms and cars are stopped ahead. The tesla brakes late (and sometimes aggressively) in this scenario so be warned. Anyone else that now have their car notice this?
Very happy with this car so far. Great fun to drive and I always looking for an excuse to take it for a spin.

Guys anyone know what’s happening to the cars on Prestige ACE. When is mine getting delivered to Canberra? 😩.
OD: 05/2022
VIN: yes
ETD: 5-26 March.
Mine was on that vessel, got offered 8th or 9th of March only by the website for delivery. Out of town then, rang up and booked in Saturday, so my take is don’t assume what is offered on the web are they only possibilities.

Came across the Tesla Carriers Map: Tesla Carriers Map

Thought of sharing it here as I hadn't seen it here before.

EDD for my VIC delivery is still sitting at March 14-31, so hoping for it to stay true despite the port congestion. Currently, the map is showing Viking Passama's ETA as 2023/03/15, if my M3 is on this ship at all.

Reactions: sabf
I don’t think these March 14 to March 31 delivery dates are right. I‘m waiting on a M3, the final invoice has a build date of 9th Feb, with a Melbourne delivery window of 14-31 March.

So assuming the car somehow got on a boat within a couple of days of being built, then then shipped to Melbourne and unloaded all within about 6 weeks? That does not seem make sense with the shipping time and backlog at the docks.

Has anyone else got a similar build date with different delivery window?

I don’t think these March 14 to March 31 delivery dates are right

The Tesla provided EDDs bear very little relevance to reality.

My EDD still says 25 March to 15 April, but I know that my Model Y is currently parked in Singapore and not scheduled to be picked up again until the 27th of March.

It's not expected to get to Fremantle until some time around the 3rd of April, so the 15th of April would be the earliest I'm likely to see as a delivery date.

I don’t think these March 14 to March 31 delivery dates are right. I‘m waiting on a M3, the final invoice has a build date of 9th Feb, with a Melbourne delivery window of 14-31 March.

So assuming the car somehow got on a boat within a couple of days of being built, then then shipped to Melbourne and unloaded all within about 6 weeks? That does not seem make sense with the shipping time and backlog at the docks.

Has anyone else got a similar build date with different delivery window?
Mine is very similar dates. Delivery window is 14-31 March, From invoice the manufacturing date is 9 Feb 2023. Since I got my hidden VIN assigned on 21 Feb 2023, I kind of assume its on Turandot that is about to arrive in Brisbane in the next few days. As I am Gold Coast delivery, it makes sense that it would take a week or two to get it ready for delivery.

We picked up #2 yesterday (black one)
Ordered 7/7/22! Long wait but worth it in the end.
B41A1FC7-1682-4A33-A2DB-401427BA541E.jpeg

Mine is very similar dates. Delivery window is 14-31 March, From invoice the manufacturing date is 9 Feb 2023. Since I got my hidden VIN assigned on 21 Feb 2023, I kind of assume its on Turandot that is about to arrive in Brisbane in the next few days. As I am Gold Coast delivery, it makes sense that it would take a week or two to get it ready for delivery.
Turandot seems to be sitting on anchor off Sunshine Coast for now, so no idea when it will actually dock and let the cars off. I assume that was the reason for the message from Tesla last week that there is port congestion that can cause delays in delivery.

Anyone going the boost upgrade next ?
I'm thinking about it but I'm wondering what kind of difference it will make. I will have to postpone it until next financial year. I've already got enough tax deductions to drop me a tax bracket this year and if I do the 30 day trial and like it I won't want to go back to slow mode.

I picked up a long range last week and I've found the power a bit underwhelming. I think the problem may be that it holds back quite a bit. I'm used to dinosaurs like 600hp 1973 Valiants with a lock diff and no restrictions on them, so it could just be I'm not used to such strong traction control. I've only had it a week so I'll see if I change my mind when I get used to it. Maybe I need these https://unpluggedperformance.com/pr...tial-lsd-for-tesla-model-3-and-tesla-model-y/

To everyone who's picked up the model 3 in 2023, does it have USS? I've been reading a lot of mixed information. Some people have USS in 2023, and some don't. Saw posts saying that cars built in China (Australia teslas) still have USS and may still have it for some time, but that was posted a while back. So I wanted to ask people who have purchased this year whether it has USS or not. If not, is that car fitted with HW4? Thanks

According to Public Pages Turandot is going to dock on 13/3

Turandot seems to be behind schedule, most likely due to port congestion at Brisbane.

As per its schedule, it was supposed to dock at Brisbane on 5/3, but it's still anchored off Sunshine Coast.

This also means, that it will reach its next ports: Port Kembla, Melbourne, Fremantle, later than estimated.

So, NSW, VIC and WA deliveries will most likely get delayed this month.

To everyone who's picked up the model 3 in 2023, does it have USS? I've been reading a lot of mixed information. Some people have USS in 2023, and some don't. Saw posts saying that cars built in China (Australia teslas) still have USS and may still have it for some time, but that was posted a while back. So I wanted to ask people who have purchased this year whether it has USS or not. If not, is that car fitted with HW4? Thanks
Picked our 3 up Sunday, mid Feb build. Still has USS

Some people have USS in 2023, and some don't.
All Teslas in Australia are still being delivered with ultrasonic sensors. It's a very different story overseas, including cars built for UK/EU in China.

UK/EU owners get a notice telling them their car no longer comes with them - and they need to accept this before being allocated a VIN.

That means we'll get plenty of notice before cars start arriving here without the parking sensors.

is that car fitted with HW4?
Only brand new Model S and X are being fitted with HW4 right now, and those aren't being delivered in Australia yet.
It will likely be a while before HW4 makes its way here.

Hi there, many reports on here are that USS continues to be fitted for our market, and no sign of HW4 anywhere on any production car except cameras may be upgraded in some markets presumably to ptrepare for it. Recent Tesla investor day via talk of "next generation" implied it will be done first from a new to-be-built plant in Mexico.