Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hidden VIN yesterday and then EDD disappeared. Received a notification that the vehicle has been assigned, and the Tesla Account is currently having a system update. Vedaprime located by vehicle on the Grand Mirafiori, so thats $22 well spent.
Had a similar experience except I got the hidden VIN on the 14th. EDD changed to TBD. I replied to the text from Tesla saying Feb-May was more descriptive than TBD and they replied very quickly and said it would update soon with a much more narrow window. Still no invoice. Sorely tempted to have VedaPrime track it down for me just to try and manage expectations a bit!

So, signing off here now.
Picked up my new Model 3 today. At the Gold COast center there was some digger making a big hole right in front of the delivery center, so the car was covered in dust, but everything ele was great. I did manage to spot 1 very small paint anomaly. They asked me to log that through the app and that it would get taken care of, but after driving it home, and washing the car I think I will keep it as it. Its like a very small birthmark in the lower layers of paint.
The car otherwise was good with no panel gap issues or any other problems I could spot. It does have UMC in the boot and the USS seem to be working as expected. Most of my driver profile came across from my account and other car, however I did have to change the GUI to dark mode manually and the mirrors were not really right so had to adjust and save update to the profile. Car had 10km on the clock an 79% charge. Took about 20 minute drive to get the calibration done.
The AWD is so much smoother on acceleration compared to SR+ that I am used to. Very happy with my choice here.
Oh, and in case you were wondering.... Well worth the wait :D

So, signing off here now.
Picked up my new Model 3 today. At the Gold COast center there was some digger making a big hole right in front of the delivery center, so the car was covered in dust, but everything ele was great. I did manage to spot 1 very small paint anomaly. They asked me to log that through the app and that it would get taken care of, but after driving it home, and washing the car I think I will keep it as it. Its like a very small birthmark in the lower layers of paint.
The car otherwise was good with no panel gap issues or any other problems I could spot. It does have UMC in the boot and the USS seem to be working as expected. Most of my driver profile came across from my account and other car, however I did have to change the GUI to dark mode manually and the mirrors were not really right so had to adjust and save update to the profile. Car had 10km on the clock an 79% charge. Took about 20 minute drive to get the calibration done.
The AWD is so much smoother on acceleration compared to SR+ that I am used to. Very happy with my choice here.
Oh, and in case you were wondering.... Well worth the wait :D
I've recently got my invoice and have the VIN clearly on there as well as the build date. Funnily enough, it's the same as yours! My EDD is still TBD so no idea when it'll make it's way down to the ACT, but fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and there's not too much longer to wait!

Glad to hear you're loving the car and that it's worth the wait!

Grand Mirafiori Melbourne pushed out again today to 27th also Turadot now 28th
Both only one shift in Melb hopefully they cleared the cars from the other two ships by the time they dock
Maybe I be lucky and be early April.. Prob dock on April Fools day :)
Can you please link your source which says when the Grande Mirafiori will dock in Melbourne? I've searched but can't find it...

Can you please link your source which says when the Grande Mirafiori will dock in Melbourne? I've searched but can't find it...

29th now :( keeps pushing out and out was the 20th like a week ago :( Supposed to dock Port Kembla tomorrow and leave Tuesday.
Although things move all the time.
Turandot the 29th Melb now as well although docks and leaves PK on 24th.

in Melb HOEGH TROOPER🤬 still there been over a month now taking up one of three docks..
No idea why they cannot just tug it out to sea or somewhere else for repairs.

If you look Armacup schedule they do not even list boats going to Melb now.
So my Model Y not getting here by May it looks like Melb misses next export cycle :(

29th now :( keeps pushing out and out was the 20th like a week ago :( Supposed to dock Port Kembla tomorrow and leave Tuesday.
Although things move all the time.
Turandot the 29th Melb now as well although docks and leaves PK on 24th.

in Melb HOEGH TROOPER🤬 still there been over a month now taking up one of three docks..
No idea why they cannot just tug it out to sea or somewhere else for repairs.

If you look Armacup schedule they do not even list boats going to Melb now.
So my Model Y not getting here by May it looks like Melb misses next export cycle :(
Both vessels keep getting held up at port Kemble. Grande miafiori been waiting for over a week. The schedule changes daily. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more delays when they arrive in Melbourne

I reckon the 2-23/4 EDD for those with cars on GM/Tura to be realistic unless the docking date blows out by 2+ weeks, which looks unlikely?
no idea once HOEGH TROOPER moves maybe things get more normal.
At the moment waiting for my Red M3 on GM.. We looking to away a few days probably April holidays. Prob have to book this weekend.
So I know for sure any date I book will be when car comes :) 100% it will be :)

Even on the computer? I found the app pretty intermittent and when my hidden VIN was there, my EDD disappeared completely from the app.
nah - because it was ordered via the lease company (and isn't linked to my account yet)
Hey guys
Please don't judge but I am wondering why everyone is waiting for so long when you can simply purchase one from the existing inventory? I can see in all states model 3s are readily available in all styles pretty much.
Because Tesla - that's about all i can figure - if your spec doesn't match exactly the availability in the state... you be waiting - and even then, sometimes available vehicles aren't matched to orders in line? can only expect that if the EDD is too far in the future - they just offer it to a 'now' buyer.

nah - because it was ordered via the lease company (and isn't linked to my account yet)

Because Tesla - that's about all i can figure - if your spec doesn't match exactly the availability in the state... you be waiting - and even then, sometimes available vehicles aren't matched to orders in line? can only expect that if the EDD is too far in the future - they just offer it to a 'now' buyer.
Ahhhh, no good! Hopefully you get some clarity soon.