Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys
Please don't judge but I am wondering why everyone is waiting for so long when you can simply purchase one from the existing inventory? I can see in all states model 3s are readily available in all styles pretty much.
The inventory vehicles have only really become available in a wide range of styles most recently, however, LR's most especially seem to be quite elusive.

Hey guys
Please don't judge but I am wondering why everyone is waiting for so long when you can simply purchase one from the existing inventory? I can see in all states model 3s are readily available in all styles pretty much.
I brought inventory Model 3 a month ago still waiting. Inventory can mean still on a boat.
We should of done the same with our Model Y on order.. Still waiting seen a few pop up before and after we ordered.

Got my final invoice today, does this mean delivery is expected shortly? Should I make the payment or wait until a delivery date is announced?
Depends where the $ are I wait to you get a date you just need to pay 48 hours beforehand.
Heard way too many people pay 3-4 weeks early
What is your EDD now? Melb based ports still stuffed with delays.
Boat mine on was due 16th of March keeps moving out today it is due to finish unloading 1st of April. April fools :) I say it move again :)

Well I finally have a delivery date and the leasing company is apparently chasing the bank up for the money.

Early next week I become a Teslari. White Long range model 3, black interior.
I have a whole bunch of accessories ready to go! Tint and PPF will hopefully happen next week as well.

Which is good because I am putting in for holidays and we will go on a drive north ~2000+km for school holidays. So it will be quite a rush to get the car, get it tinted, PPF, seat covers, etc fitted.

Cars are still coming with USS and a charger right? But the radar is gone?

Got my final invoice today, does this mean delivery is expected shortly? Should I make the payment or wait until a delivery date is announced?
Rushing payment before getting delivery day booked has no benefits. Tesla SA himself advised me not to pay until I get a text to select delivery day. The rush begins when you get delivery day appointment text (usually 7 to 10 days out). Paying ASAP after booking delivery day has one benefit - if the car is ready earlier, you would be given an option to pick up early.

for me:
14/3 - Got delivery day appointment text. Selected 21/3 as delivery day
15/3 - Paid off balance
16/3 - Tesla account was updated showing payment has been made
17/3 - Got text saying the car is ready if I want to pick up early (I was like, who would say no to that, hell yeah). Re-selected 18/3 as delivery day
18/3 - picked up the car

The way I see it, if I hadn't paid off the balance on 15/3, they would have kept original delivery day as 21/3 and would not have given me option to pickup earlier.

yes (mobile charger until 31/3 apparently) and yes
I am curious to see if they do eventually stop shipping the mobile charger.. I guess anything perhaps after this ship load?
I wonder if HW4 increased costs are part of the reason why USS went away.

Tesla seems very keen to move their stock out, I wanted to book a pick up appointment for Friday, and they heavily recommended Monday.

The leasing company called yesterday to get more details for the bank.. I am mildly nervous that there may be some hiccup and I won't get delivery. You never know until you have it in your hands..

I am curious to see if they do eventually stop shipping the mobile charger.. I guess anything perhaps after this ship load?
I wonder if HW4 increased costs are part of the reason why USS went away.

Tesla seems very keen to move their stock out, I wanted to book a pick up appointment for Friday, and they heavily recommended Monday.

The leasing company called yesterday to get more details for the bank.. I am mildly nervous that there may be some hiccup and I won't get delivery. You never know until you have it in your hands..
The banking details are on the invoice.

The banking details are on the invoice.
The Tesla invoice has the wrong leasing company on it.
The leasing company is sourcing the finance, not me.
The Bank has now advised they can't transfer the money in time for a Monday pickup as they need full work 2 days.

Arhh leasing, such a PIA. Tesla clearly wants people just to come in and dump a pile of cash on the table.

Reactions: Roon
For those Melbournians waiting on Grande Mirifiori like I am - she's on her way!

Hi,

New here. I have ordered a M3 DB LR I think it is on the GRANDE MIAFIORI. Looks like it just left Port Kembla
1679532678201.png

Hope It gets a slot in Melbourne promptly.

Reactions: Davemcd
The Tesla invoice has the wrong leasing company on it.
The leasing company is sourcing the finance, not me.
The Bank has now advised they can't transfer the money in time for a Monday pickup as they need full work 2 days.

Arhh leasing, such a PIA. Tesla clearly wants people just to come in and dump a pile of cash on the table.
So I had to deal with somewhat similar things. I had the leasing company give me the details for Tesla to create the invoice. Tesla sent the invoice with everything as requested. Then I got notification that car is almost here and to prepare for delivery, then my lease company contacted me and said they have changed the underwriting lease provider and I need to get a new invoice with the new company details on the invoice. I got that to Tesla and got another invoice within 2 days and then got another approval from the lease company. This happened twice, and with some alterations on the invoices at the end I ended up with the invoice number 5 that was actually paid. I did manage to get all that done so the final invoice arrived on Friday, got paid off the following Monday (I got a remittance note from lease company on Tuesday that I forwarded on to Tesla) and Tesla account showed the payment received on Wednesday morning and I picked up the car Thursday lunch time.
So overall the process of getting the invoices and payments sorted was a bit of relaying information between 2 parties but overall worth the trouble and as long as you dont stress out and just patiently keep relaying the information between them, it ends up just fine.

Reactions: moa999