Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The payments show up on the main "manage" page for my car:

View attachment 922421
thanks, can't see that on my page. I only see this. Perhaps I should ask SA.

1680052735400.png

The payments show up on the main "manage" page for my car:

View attachment 922421

Yeh that is not visible on the model 3 page.
The model 3 page is different from the model Y page. They function differently.
Arrh its under the payment window.. Easy to miss..
1680073777145.png

The order agreement does have most of the information.
1680073039403.png

Because I am in NSW there is no Stamp duty, no luxury car tax, insurance is handled through my leasing company not through tesla.
The $77925 price is the price to avoid stamp duty. So if I was to select a colour, or even buy a jacket, my price goes up ~$4500. If a selected a colour and a white interior and, wheels I am pretty sure it goes over the $84,000 lease FBT threshold and the car costs me an extra $35,000 to lease..

Hence why I have spent up big with accessories outside of Tesla. White seat covers, spoiler, wheel covers, liners, etc. Try and personalize it a bit, because there are already ~6 white model 3's in the car park at work and people have already "forgotten and got confused why their car won't open". They are all base RWD models.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just an additional question came to mind and I thought I'd ask everyone. What insurance companies are best for Teslas currently? I've looked through a few and concluded at Youi and NRMA. They are pretty pricey so I'm not too sure (There are cheaper options out there but I have been warned that going with cheap insurance with tesla/ev vehicles could be really bad). The price quotes I've gotten are around $3500~$5000. Wanted to see if this is about the same for everyone else. Thanks (Also, do you guys think it's worth waiting an additional year to purchase the Long Range model 3 over the Standard range?) Thanks.

Hi everyone, just an additional question came to mind and I thought I'd ask everyone. What insurance companies are best for Teslas currently? I've looked through a few and concluded at Youi and NRMA. They are pretty pricey so I'm not too sure (There are cheaper options out there but I have been warned that going with cheap insurance with tesla/ev vehicles could be really bad). The price quotes I've gotten are around $3500~$5000. Wanted to see if this is about the same for everyone else. Thanks (Also, do you guys think it's worth waiting an additional year to purchase the Long Range model 3 over the Standard range?) Thanks.
There are so many individual aspects to this. I'm still waiting on my M3 to be delivered but your insurance quotes seem very high compared to what I've seen in other places. Lots of factors go in to providing an insurance quote so it's tough to compare apples with apples.

To your last question, again it's very individual. What will meet your needs? I went the LR as it will suit my needs. The SR may have done so, but with the LR, I know it will. Hence that's what I ordered. A years wait seems extremely excessive when new orders are being quoted delivery dates in April - May.

Maybe I've misunderstood?

Reactions: danesuper6
There are so many individual aspects to this. I'm still waiting on my M3 to be delivered but your insurance quotes seem very high compared to what I've seen in other places. Lots of factors go in to providing an insurance quote so it's tough to compare apples with apples.

To your last question, again it's very individual. What will meet your needs? I went the LR as it will suit my needs. The SR may have done so, but with the LR, I know it will. Hence that's what I ordered. A years wait seems extremely excessive when new orders are being quoted delivery dates in April - May.

Maybe I've misunderstood?
Agree here, there's so many subjective aspects to this that we're not privvy to.

The best thing you can do is use I-Select, Compare the Market or a similar site and do their base comparisons. From there, go through the individual sites (AAMI, Allianz, Bingle, etc.) and do a quote.

Reactions: Nefastis
Picked up my Model 3 Long Range this morning from Chatswood. Really pumped, I even wore my Occupy Mars shirt, because when else are you meant to wear such an item..

For some reason it wasn't Bluetooth connecting with the phone one I was driving away, then I realised I hadn't accepted share contacts etc, and the phone was not allowing binding.. Easy fix. Then I tried the fast charger at work. Which worked for 2kwh then stopped with an error. I then used the other charger, it it worked fine bringing me up to 90% charge. I think it was a dodgy charger.

Plenty of people asking questions at work, some believe I have betrayed society, some think its an interesting idea, some said I would be unhappy with it, some like it but think its too expensive.

Looking forward to the family trip during Easter, we will head north. Put km on it very quickly.

What insurance companies are best for Teslas currently? I've looked through a few and concluded at Youi and NRMA... price quotes I've gotten are around $3500~$5000.
I was getting quotes of about $2400-$2800 for the Long Range Model 3, and that's with a no claim discount applied. Then I got a quote of $1100 from Commonwealth Bank, which blew everyone else out of the water, so I went with them. Their insurance is provided by Hollard. A list of all the Hollard partners can be found here Hollard

Reactions: Phido
My lease insurance is ~$3000 but that includes a lots of lease specific stuff, and I will likely change providers next year..
I hear combank and NRMA both seem to offer good value insurance. AAMI quoted me ~$1800... So they are a bit all over the place.

NRMA business model seemed to be shifting to EV's. I assume other motoring orgs are doing the same as the petrol/diesel becomes less relevant.
  • Build and buy EV chargers
  • Lease/rent EV's through SiXT
  • insure evs through NRMA.
  • Create a subscription model for assistance, recharging, leasing and insuring..

Note that NRMA Insurance isn't part of the road services organisation that does the other stuff - it's an IAG brand, using the name under license.
NRMA demutualised in the 2000's and Formed IAG and NRMA. Its not just a brand using it under licence, its the other half of what used to be the same organisation. They still work together. You get a discount on NRMA insurance if you are a NRMA member, even though they are different organisations.

NRMA is also working with the other state based organisations under a similar business model, even though they are separate organisations. They also see benefit in extending their benefits to each others members.

There are huge shifts occurring.. going electric will change petrol stations and organisations like NRMA.

It’s brought in to a safe anchorage in the bay and will wait there until the berth is available.
Dates changed again this morning and probably will again and again :( Although hope not.
Grande Mirafiori in for Arvo shift Monday and now staying to Wednesday so 6 slots. Hope my M3 is unloaded first :)
Turnadot now Thursday to Sat. Needs to hurry up as the next Melb boat Armacup sending from China on 19th of April.
Fingers crossed the Model Y I ordered ends up on it for May delivery.. Although at the stage now where I say I be the next export cycle June made.