Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
compositor.jpeg

New accessory arrived today in the post.
A 32a 3phase dongle thing for the universal mobile charger just in case my car accidentally gets parked next to an outlet at work and the plug falls into it.
I put it in my growing pile of other stuff haha

I was actually thinking about booking another test drive down at the airport so I can get a 30 min fix driving a m3 or my while I’m waiting haha
Reakon they would cotton on?
Nup, I did another test drive in a LR a few weeks back at a different SC, had no idea I had an order already in and then kept bugging me for the next week asking me if I wanted to place an order.

View attachment 976905

New accessory arrived today in the post.
A 32a 3phase dongle thing for the universal mobile charger just in case my car accidentally gets parked next to an outlet at work and the plug falls into it.
I put it in my growing pile of other stuff haha
Hey can you send link of what you bought? Would this work on a 3 phase plug you find in showgrounds? I have heard that some travellers have tried some 3 phase at mechanics and other places where the 3 phase wasn’t grounded and wouldn’t charge.

Reactions: dronus
Has anyone got any updates to share? How did you guys go up in Brisbane?
My M3LR is booked for pickup on Saturday. (Received email last Friday but was too slow booking a spot).

They called me today to try and get me to pay earlier, indicating that if I didn't pay before COB Tuesday the delivery would most likely be delayed. I told them that my NL company has arranged to pay on Wednesday which is more than 48 hours before pickup on Saturday.......Silence on the other end..... Then she said, we are doing lots of deliveries at the moment so would appreciate if you could pay sooner. Thought it was a weird phone call.

In any case, have organised with the NL company to pay tomorrow in the hope that they bring my delivery forward - like they had for Zinzilla (although that was a Canberra delivery so unlikely I will get the call up).

Reactions: dronus
My M3LR is booked for pickup on Saturday. (Received email last Friday but was too slow booking a spot).

They called me today to try and get me to pay earlier, indicating that if I didn't pay before COB Tuesday the delivery would most likely be delayed. I told them that my NL company has arranged to pay on Wednesday which is more than 48 hours before pickup on Saturday.......Silence on the other end..... Then she said, we are doing lots of deliveries at the moment so would appreciate if you could pay sooner. Thought it was a weird phone call.

In any case, have organised with the NL company to pay tomorrow in the hope that they bring my delivery forward - like they had for Zinzilla (although that was a Canberra delivery so unlikely I will get the call up).
I had a similar call today. I have literally never received any communication from an SA since I placed my order. They sent the delivery scheduling email after 6pm on Friday and had the audacity to chase up for payment today when delivery isn’t due until Saturday. At least the caller had enough EIQ to walk it back before I started to snarl.

They need to learn to read their own contracts.

Situation:
My Model 3 Performance was totalled.
Insurance paid me out. I ordered a new one.

Tesla released the highland. I converted my order to a Long Range. By order date, I have possibly the first Highland order in Australia.

That being said, I am very disappointed about the drop in performance.

Now that there are rumours of a new Model 3 Performance, I’m tempted to cancel my order, keep sharing my wife’s car (RS3) and wait, on a slim chance, another Performance is launched.

Would you take delivery and own the LR for 3-6-12 months, or wait?

Edit: Yes, for context, I did use Track Mode.

Situation:

Tesla released the highland. I converted my order to a Long Range. By order date, I have possibly the first Highland order in Australia.

Now that there are rumours of a new Model 3 Performance, I’m tempted to cancel my order, keep sharing my wife’s car (RS3) and wait, on a slim chance, another Performance is launched.

Would you lose the deposit in this situation? Or would they let you kick the can down the road on a vehicle that “doesn’t exist” officially.

Situation:

Out of interest what is your order date?

If you were super keen on another performance I’d wait, the rumour mill seems to be indicating it might be on its way when the new plaid comes out in the states? There are a few American YouTube channels with a bit of info on that.

Sorry to hear about your current car being totalled, that must have been devastating!

That is a bit weird.
I recall the SA recommending I tell the NL that my delivery date is the day before delivery to make sure the funds are processed 48 hours before. Not a week though.
Be interesting to hear how busy it is when you go in! Congratulations too!!

Reactions: Battery Boy
Hey can you send link of what you bought? Would this work on a 3 phase plug you find in showgrounds? I have heard that some travellers have tried some 3 phase at mechanics and other places where the 3 phase wasn’t grounded and wouldn’t charge.
Sure, this one is the one I bought (32a 5pin)

I’ll bring it with my umc to work today to test it and post back if you like

Reactions: Cocoboy
Situation:

Personally, I’d wait until the new model has landed and been shaken down in the market. There will almost certainly be another performance or plaid, but it may be a year or more until we get it.

Depends how badly you want/need another vehicle though.

I decided to snap up one of the current inventory M3Ps in QLD on the basis thst by the time I’m ready to move on either a new one will be available, or there will be other interesting options.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
Situation:

The highland version of the M3P will come but will they go the same route as the X/S and not produce in RHD???
Given the popularity of the RWD 3 and Y and low stats on the performance model in AU, maybe it will be discontinued. Time will tell.
I think I am the opposite of you in that I believe I have the last of the old model M3Ps, built on 28/8/23.
I am taking delivery, novated lease for 3 years and then move into whatever is available then, no doubt the BEV landscape will be very very different in 3 years time!

Would this work on a 3 phase plug you find in showgrounds? I have heard that some travellers have tried some 3 phase at mechanics and other places where the 3 phase wasn’t grounded and wouldn’t charge.
The 32A 5-pin plug will work with 32A 5-pin sockets at showgrounds, but there's a wide variety of sockets out there. Apart from different maximum current (eg. there's also 20A and 10A 5-pin sockets, that physically won't accept the 32A plug), there's also sometimes 4-pin three phase sockets that don't have a neutral, and those won't work for charging the car (the plug doesn't fit, and the car needs a neutral link anyway).

Separate to this, the car checks for a neutral-earth tie so it won't work on some generator setups - this is regardless of which plug you're using.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus