Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, same here. Ordered M3 RWD highland 22nd sept and just have Jan-march. I’m not sure when they went on sale with new model but I’m sure I’m not one of the first in line. Considering there isn’t so much as a YouTube review that’s not a Norway test drive I think we are in for the full wait. I went stealth grey! Can not wait!
They went on sale on 1 Sept, but we all have the same Jan-Mar estimate at this point (I ordered on 1 Sept), there are a couple I've heard from who had orders in prior and got converted to Highland, they don't have an estimated date and I assume they'll be first in line.

I'm guessing they haven't produced any significant number of RHD's yet (aside from possibly a small run for testing/showrooms etc) and we'll all be in the same batches once they switch over from the LHD's which have been pumping out at a fast pace so far.

Is it just some software package you add on?
Only available for long range and performance?
Yes - it's a software upgrade that unlocks some headroom available in the drivetrain, only available for the long range. It seems to take some time to be available after a significant change to the motors and/or battery, while they qualify it for the new components.

Reactions: dronus
IMG_6344.jpeg

Ran another 32a circuit in the shed to plug the UMC into when car gets tucked up out here. Just need the car now…

Yes - it's a software upgrade that unlocks some headroom available in the drivetrain, only available for the long range. It seems to take some time to be available after a significant change to the motors and/or battery, while they qualify it for the new components.
I wonder what they’ll do with top speed (if they do the option for this refresh). Seems there’s been a bit of a philosophy change with reduced top speed and no/delayed performance option.

I wonder what they’ll do with top speed (if they do the option for this refresh). Seems there’s been a bit of a philosophy change with reduced top speed and no/delayed performance
Out of interest, what is the top speed? Not that id ever go faster than the posted speed limit of 110Kmh 😇
Performance was 260+
LR was 230+
Highland is 200 limited

From what I can gather from YouTube reviewers, the drivetrain is essentially unchanged compared to 2023 models. Hopefully that means it's available day 1

Ordered a new Model 3 Long Range (Highland) on Thursday. Opted for the 19" nova wheel upgrade (even though they seem to come with a fairly big hit to range - I just don't really like the look of the aero wheels). Completely new to the Tesla world - was never really that interested until I had the chance to drive one a few months ago.

Seen a few people on here tracking ships to know when their delivery is expected. How do you guys do that? Looks like I'm waiting 6 months+ until it arrives in any case.

Bit nervous about build quality as Tesla seems notorious for that, and the buy process is very different from the traditional dealer model. From what I've read though, the Shanghai factory where the Australian cars are made seems like the best for quality, and I've found a heap of checklists that I can use on delivery day. Can't wait!
I picked up my M3P back in August - was a May build from Shanghai. Quality has been good so far so don’t stress about it. Only issue was the phone app disconnected post car s/w upgrade - ended up having to drop and re-pair the phone to car. You will love the car - it’s nice to drive even at 40km/hr through the city. I’m also in Adelaide and recommend getting shades for the roof - in the sun it’s heating the cabin up pretty fast - compared to my mates car the shades drop it about 5 degrees parked in the same spot, we both have black paint.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
I picked up my M3P back in August - was a May build from Shanghai. Quality has been good so far so don’t stress about it. Only issue was the phone app disconnected post car s/w upgrade - ended up having to drop and re-pair the phone to car. You will love the car - it’s nice to drive even at 40km/hr through the city. I’m also in Adelaide and recommend getting shades for the roof - in the sun it’s heating the cabin up pretty fast - compared to my mates car the shades drop it about 5 degrees parked in the same spot, we both have black paint.
Thanks for the tips! The Performance is an absolute beast, you must be loving it! I test drove one of those back in July and it's the reason I fell in love with the Model 3. I had some sort of modded Lotus pull up beside me at a motorway merge and the Tesla absolutely destroyed it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. The LR isn't too far behind.

Out of interest did you buy the official Tesla roof shade? Oddly on the website it says it's compatible with the "2017-2020" model only. I'll definitely look to get one for the back portion of the roof at least.

Awesome. I have some shades in my pile of accessories ready to go :) i hope all this stuff i bough fits the highland version, if not ill have a few things to give away haha.
Im seeing a lot of Teslas around Adelaide, mostly Model Y though so when i see a Model 3 i always stop to check it out!

I had some sort of modded Lotus pull up beside me at a motorway merge and the Tesla absolutely destroyed it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. The LR isn't too far behind.
I have to say, I'm winning every traffic light grand prix easily at the moment. Sometimes I don't even realise until I see all the cars in my rear mirrors. I'm still too tentative on the initial start though, because the old car needed to feed the power in gently at the beginning so as not to chirp the front wheels.

Thanks for the tips! The Performance is an absolute beast, you must be loving it! I test drove one of those back in July and it's the reason I fell in love with the Model 3. I had some sort of modded Lotus pull up beside me at a motorway merge and the Tesla absolutely destroyed it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. The LR isn't too far behind.

Out of interest did you buy the official Tesla roof shade? Oddly on the website it says it's compatible with the "2017-2020" model only. I'll definitely look to get one for the back portion of the roof at least.
I am loving it but wary of police and speed cameras. Just need to allow for people not judging your speed as you can close very fast. I am currently just driving it in chill to see how the range compares - in sport I am getting ~16kw per 100 kms.

I bought the roof shade from Braumach - was on sale for $30 and works pretty well. I have seen a few others and they all seem pretty much the same. I think the roof wouldn’t have changed so the existing shades should fit…

While you are waiting get your meter swapped over to a smart meter if you don’t have one so you can get the off peak 8c. I’m loving the $1.20 for about 100kms of driving.

Awesome. I have some shades in my pile of accessories ready to go :) i hope all this stuff i bough fits the highland version, if not ill have a few things to give away haha.
Im seeing a lot of Teslas around Adelaide, mostly Model Y though so when i see a Model 3 i always stop to check it out!
Should fit. When I picked mine up there were 2 model 3s in the warehouse - and about 12 Model Ys waiting to be collected. Lots of Teslas now in Adelaide and based on recent shipments will be even more.

Should fit. When I picked mine up there were 2 model 3s in the warehouse - and about 12 Model Ys waiting to be collected. Lots of Teslas now in Adelaide and based on recent shipments will be even more.
Im guessing the last of the 2023 model 3 would be coming thru now, some of the other guys here are patiently waiting for theirs to be delivered in Sydney etc.

Its a shame we dont have many superchargers for tourists etc, my council is really bad with only RAA chargers on private land available, im guessing there is some old fuddy duddy that needs to be voted out.

Model Y seems pretty popular, im not really into the SUV thing, but i respect others choice too :)

Reactions: Cocoboy
I am loving it but wary of police and speed cameras. Just need to allow for people not judging your speed as you can close very fast. I am currently just driving it in chill to see how the range compares - in sport I am getting ~16kw per 100 kms.

I bought the roof shade from Braumach - was on sale for $30 and works pretty well. I have seen a few others and they all seem pretty much the same. I think the roof wouldn’t have changed so the existing shades should fit…

While you are waiting get your meter swapped over to a smart meter if you don’t have one so you can get the off peak 8c. I’m loving the $1.20 for about 100kms of driving.
I have a smart meter and just changed plans to a cheaper one with AGL. They didnt have the 8c off peak, i saw that Enerven had it in conjunction with RAA, but when i called them they said it is no longer available. Who did you organize that through? I think im still getting ripped off, but ripped off less than i was before i called them...