Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey mate, well i did start her off in chill mode but that didnt last :)
I got her to just practice the one foot driving but she picked it up really quick, she said it was much easier than our ICE vehicle.
I made sure to tell her that the car STILL has a brake pedal and use it when you know you need to and you cant just rely on the regenerative braking and I saw her use it a few times as she got used to the car. I turned on the auto-off indicator setting which made signaling a bit easier.
She will probably test in the ICE vehicle, I don't know if I could handle her driving it on her own for the test, the anxiety would kill me!!!!
At least she cant drive it once on her P plates.
Thanks for the tips.

I will probably set her up to use the brake pedal, so when she drives ICE cars in between the reflex is the same.

I'm equally chuffed that these cars are banned for P Platers :)

Might be another silly question, but bear with me.
When the car gets delivered it doesn’t have a number plate so I’m guessing the local delivery place does that.
Looking at the front of the model 3 there isn’t a mount for the number plate, do they like have a stash of them they somehow fit to the car, and are there thinner ones for slimline plates? I’m guessing the number plate doesn’t just get tek screwed or gaffs taped to the bumper bar haha.
My Calais appears to have a flat number plate mount on the bumper built in, which might look silly with thin plates..

When the car gets delivered it doesn’t have a number plate so I’m guessing the local delivery place does that.
Looking at the front of the model 3 there isn’t a mount for the number plate, do they like have a stash of them they somehow fit to the car, and are there thinner ones for slimline plates? I’m guessing the number plate doesn’t just get tek screwed or gaffs taped to the bumper bar haha.
My Calais appears to have a flat number plate mount on the bumper built in, which might look silly with thin plates..
I thought of this too. I bloody hope they don't drill any number plate holders into the bumper bar. I actually don't mind those floating brackets though.

Can confirm there’s a backing plate which i assume is stuck to vehicle as I couldn’t see screws into the panel.

IMG_1226.jpeg

Thanks for the tips.

I will probably set her up to use the brake pedal, so when she drives ICE cars in between the reflex is the same.

I'm equally chuffed that these cars are banned for P Platers :)
Yeah I didn’t think about changing the regen braking mode, i gave track mode a go the other day and it changes the regen braking mode and I almost reared another car as it just kept rolling.

IMG_6873.jpeg

This is what it looks like on a Holden. I guess that isn’t the same colour so it could have been put on when it got in country (mine was built in Germany).
For some reason I’m more excited about the model 3 than the Calais, haha, who knows what ship it was on haha

View attachment 986668

This is what it looks like on a Holden. I guess that isn’t the same colour so it could have been put on when it got in country (mine was built in Germany).
For some reason I’m more excited about the model 3 than the Calais, haha, who knows what ship it was on haha
I had a Calais back around 2001, don’t recall the model, one of the best cars I have owned. I assume it would have been an Elizabeth made Calais given the year.

EDIT: i reckon it was a VT model

Reactions: dronus
I had a Calais back around 2001, don’t recall the model, one of the best cars I have owned. I assume it would have been an Elizabeth made Calais given the year.

EDIT: i reckon it was a VT model
Yah I’ve had a few over the years- VL turbo 5 speed, VR acclaim, VT Berlina, VY Berlina. Always wanted a Calais so when they were closing up I bought this one. By far the best car I’ve owned qualitywise, they nailed it, too bad all the bogans couldn’t get over it not being Aussie made or a v8 but it kicks ass with the 2L turbo.
VL turbo was a death trap, but I loved it!
Just comfortable and economical. I’m going to miss the indicator stalks and Apple CarPlay. Might keep it in the shed for giggles.

Reactions: Zinzilla
Anyone want to buy (possibly) the first Model 3 Highland in Australia once it’s delivered?

Long Range
Stealth Grey
Black Interior
19” Wheels

My old M3P barely made it up my driveway and I’ve just noticed the new car has 27mm longer overhang and lower ground clearance, so there’s no chance.
It would really help people out if we had like demo units in country for this exact thing huh. I hope it all works out for you, it’s such a nice car by the looks of the reviews :)

I was concerned about driveway too but the m3 is higher than my current car and my neighbours m3 had clearance so I should be fine. If not, kennards has excavators that can dig up driveways haha.

Can confirm there’s a backing plate which i assume is stuck to vehicle as I couldn’t see screws into the panel.

View attachment 986667
Do you think it’s the same bracket for all plate types?

I’ve got personalised ABC13D style plates on hold from my last car. So during the ordering process of the Model 3 I selected a regular number plate because it was cheaper and knew I would replace it.

My own plates of course are smaller than the rear. I’m expecting it’s the same size bracket for all ?

I’ve got personalised ABC13D style plates on hold from my last car. So during the ordering process of the Model 3 I selected a regular number plate because it was cheaper and knew I would replace it.

My own plates of course are smaller than the rear. I’m expecting it’s the same size bracket for all ?
I would guess they just attach a standard one, if you have a thin plate and leave the outer black bit I assume it will look okay. I will check out the Teslas at my work and around town and see if I can spot some custom plates and let you know.

I originally ordered normal size plates but gave the SA a call and got them to change it.
I’m NL this car so didn’t want to have to go thru all the paperwork later

Is the old Holden factory still there? Could retrofit it to make Teslas.
I think they were going to start using it to make solar panels but that wasn’t that popular in Elizabeth so last I heard it was going to be a massive cannabis hydro setup, but I could be wrong, I haven’t been out that side of town for ages.
The Mitsubishi plant at Tonsley got turned into a technology and innovation hub which, ironically, has the longest unserviceable and slow EV chargers in the state haha.
Ahh Adelaide, stay classy.

• Funny
Reactions: AngryLitig8r