Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 988986

That’s heaps good, hopefully it’s included across the board as we get a lot of dust and pollen etc here.
Will be awesome for those with kids with allergies and also when some stinky bugger insists in smoking in traffic, billowing smoke and flicking ash out the window (a pet peeve of mine!)
@Cocoboy @AngryLitig8r and anyone else with a model3, as you get some warmer weather can you let me know how the AC holds up? We are getting high 30s tomorrow which might head your way.
Super keen to hear if the AC keeps up :)
Had a couple of days in mid 30s up here so far. Holds up fine as long as you pre cool through the app and/or park under cover.

You can feel the heat a bit through the roof, but of you put the seat low it isn’t too bad.

Reactions: dronus
The HR was heaps good haha.

In Adelaide You can tell the people who have given up the tail gating game and they are the ones playing the exact opposite game.
What you do is sit back 4 car lengths from the next car and let everyone (including as many rat racers coming out of side streets) in front of you. People changing lanes, no problems, in you come. People who just rolled up to a t-intersection, be my guest. What’s that you are driving a bus? Here you go, the people behind me have no where to be…
This afternoon the car in front of me let 12 cars in front of him in a very slow moving 1km stretch of Marion road.
This makes people so mad they cut around and cut them off, but they don’t care, they just go slower.
The seasoned professionals at that game will piss people off right up to an orange light, then roll thru, making everyone behind them have to stop, or cause an accident and keep driving. Usually it’s courier drivers is my observation as they are on the phone.

The other Adelaide thing is to take your effing time when a traffic light goes green. Green… wait, put it in gear, change the radio station, look at a tree, check your hair, take off slowly, next car, slowly take off etc etc. the reaction time is so slow sometimes only 4-5 cars get thru on a change. When I was in Sydney if you did that someone would ram you off the road into a ditch and then get out and kick yo a$$.

Anyway, yes Adelaide is a lovely place to visit and live, we even have Sunday trading now!
And that’s why I’ve only been back for 8 days in the last 15 years after growing up there 🤣😂

• Funny
Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
My local car wash / detailer gave some advise a while ago regarding washing, especially after ceramic coating. He say to use a blower (like a small Makita one) to take off the water instead of using a chamois.
I just get on the expressway haha but I’m often foiled by a truck carrying dirt or clippings that somehow always gets in front of me. I swear it’s like the Truman show sometimes….

My local car wash / detailer gave some advise a while ago regarding washing, especially after ceramic coating. He say to use a blower (like a small Makita one) to take off the water instead of using a chamois.
Hmmmm I have a couple of Makita blowers, will give it a crack. The benefit though of using a wet applied wax and the mega towel is that once done the car is pretty much dry anyway. I have only just learnt about the tiwo bucket wash but this has been good to make sure no scratches on the paint.

Just supercharging the computer so I can keep smashing the refresh button to see if the edd has updated.

IMG_7023.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Cocoboy
Hmmmm I have a couple of Makita blowers, will give it a crack. The benefit though of using a wet applied wax and the mega towel is that once done the car is pretty much dry anyway. I have only just learnt about the tiwo bucket wash but this has been good to make sure no scratches on the paint.
So driving thru the local servo car wash is a no-no?

Hey team, been lurking here since ordering a Tesla model 3 highland and loving the excitement this board has!

I have a question though, the one worry I have with the car is Tesla Vision and I see a lot of rumours the car may come with a front bumper camera. Did some digging and it can’t find any recent pictures of it with the camera, but on the website there is this picture with 8 cameras.

1699684509840.png

Ive also heard that they are combining the telescopic and high def camera at the front, which means one of those 8 cameras could be the front bumper.

My question is what are your thoughts? Has anyone else done some digging to see if the AUS model might come with a new camera to fix the front issues with parking?

Hey team, been lurking here since ordering a Tesla model 3 highland and loving the excitement this board has!

I have a question though, the one worry I have with the car is Tesla Vision and I see a lot of rumours the car may come with a front bumper camera. Did some digging and it can’t find any recent pictures of it with the camera, but on the website there is this picture with 8 cameras.

View attachment 989736

Ive also heard that they are combining the telescopic and high def camera at the front, which means one of those 8 cameras could be the front bumper.

My question is what are your thoughts? Has anyone else done some digging to see if the AUS model might come with a new camera to fix the front issues with parking?
While it’s been really hard to get any info about any region specific configuration the general vibe has been that we retain USS and it’s unlikely there is a front bumper mounted camera.
The actual answer is we don’t know until we see it, I guess.
Weird concept for when dropping a bit of coin on a new car huh?

Yeah, everything I'm seeing is indicating that it won't have a front bumper camera and certainly none of the new Model 3's that have been delivered elsewhere in the world has one.

The front camera in the picture you posted is related to the camera in the windscreen.

There are indications that we may still have USS but I'm not too worried either way. I have full confidence based on how everything else has progressed that the tesla vision parking assist will be just fine soon enough, however if we get USS that's a bonus in the meantime, if not then we just have to rely on those old parking skills for a bit.

Yeah, everything I'm seeing is indicating that it won't have a front bumper camera and certainly none of the new Model 3's that have been delivered elsewhere in the world has one.

The front camera in the picture you posted is related to the camera in the windscreen.

There are indications that we may still have USS but I'm not too worried either way. I have full confidence based on how everything else has progressed that the tesla vision parking assist will be just fine soon enough, however if we get USS that's a bonus in the meantime, if not then we just have to rely on those old parking skills for a bit.
Oh that would be great I hadn’t realised we tended to keep the USS here, I hope that’s the case.

I have seen videos showing Tesla Vision working perfectly fine when backing up, cause of the rear camera, but I can’t see how frontal distance would ever work well without atleast a bumper camera or USS.

While it’s been really hard to get any info about any region specific configuration the general vibe has been that we retain USS and it’s unlikely there is a front bumper mounted camera.
The actual answer is we don’t know until we see it, I guess.
Weird concept for when dropping a bit of coin on a new car huh?
I hope you get USS, if the autopilot is anything to go by then the camera based sensor would be a complete flop.

Reactions: positiv and dronus