Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dunno, this conversation went a little pessimistic last night. Don't want to get too hopeful.
It did get a little pessimistic. Here’s some more photos from yesterday for your Sunday morning pleasure. The front-on photo has the hood popped (it’s not an alignment issue haha)
IMG_0115.jpeg
IMG_0112.jpeg
IMG_0109.jpeg
IMG_0108.jpeg
IMG_0114.jpeg

Stealth grey FTW. Seeing mostly white interiors which is interesting.
I was lucky enough to head to the Sydney Chatswood store, saw both a stealth grey with white seats and black seats.

I had recently changed my white seat order to black and I was very happy to see both.

The white seats were amazing, made the cabin feel extremely open and spacious and spaceship-like.

But the black seats, man they looked so mean and sporty. Noting this car is mine and the missus has her SUV for practicality, I am so happy with the black seats.

Reactions: dronus
Did you guys notice any artifacts to indicate that the car is built for both LHD and RHD markets? Or did everything mirror ok like on the screen etc?
Just curious to see how well they do this, or if it’s a non issue.

Everything is reversed, they definitely have a specific LHD and RHD configuration.

Actually to be clear there, the steering wheel buttons are the same on both, the screen though has things reversed.

Everything is reversed, they definitely have a specific LHD and RHD configuration.

Actually to be clear there, the steering wheel buttons are the same on both, the screen though has things reversed.
Is the key card reader location reversed too? Is it in the drivers-side door pillar? This was reported as a problem when two drivers with two cards and two different profiles are in the same car.

Is the key card reader location reversed too? Is it in the drivers-side door pillar? This was reported as a problem when two drivers with two cards and two different profiles are in the same car.
Yeah it is and on the charging pad to start the car.

I'm not sure what you mean re the profile. It would be whoever used their card?

There is a priority you can set when you use the phone as a key so you could have one person as priority for their main car and vice versa.

Yeah it is and on the charging pad to start the car.

I'm not sure what you mean re the profile. It would be whoever used their card?

There is a priority you can set when you use the phone as a key so you could have one person as priority for their main car and vice versa.
I think it was reported the car picks a wrong profile from a wrong driver because a part of the car believes that the driver should be closer to the left side. Not sure which MY it was though - maybe it was fixed long time ago and I'm just worrying about a non-issue, as I usually do :)

Ok both my wife and I had our phone keys for the week I was driving the M3. Never had any issue and I hadn't even set mine as priority. I drove the whole time and she was in the passenger seat.

I could see it going to the wrong profile if the passenger unlocked and got in the car first and the driver wasn't in range at the time. But then you just need to change the name at the top of the screen as you get in and it'll be all good.

I know one of the things they are working on is facial recognition so that would be cool when it recognises who is in the driver seat.

Reactions: dronus and sishome
Ok both my wife and I had our phone keys for the week I was driving the M3. Never had any issue and I hadn't even set mine as priority. I drove the whole time and she was in the passenger seat.

I could see it going to the wrong profile if the passenger unlocked and got in the car first and the driver wasn't in range at the time. But then you just need to change the name at the top of the screen as you get in and it'll be all good.

I know one of the things they are working on is facial recognition so that would be cool when it recognises who is in the driver seat.
🥸

I was at Parramatta today. I asked one of them if there's a m3 with white interior that i can look at anywhere in sydney. He straight up told me this is the one and only new model 3 in all of sydney.
My conclusion: SA dont know whats up and my car is coming next week :D
Agreed.

The SA I spoke to yesterday at the same branch said there are 4 in Sydney.
They can't even give out consistent info.

Reactions: DougalVizsla