Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many as it takes, lol.

Last update seems to be about 12-13 hours ago for Don Juan, unfortuantely the site I found previously does better once it gets closer to land doesn't seem to have Don Juan, haven't found anywhere else with a better location yet

As many as it takes, lol.

Last update seems to be about 12-13 hours ago for Don Juan, unfortuantely the site I found previously does better once it gets closer to land doesn't seem to have Don Juan, haven't found anywhere else with a better location yet
Yeah i had found a cached version of a satellite updated page putting it closer than marine traffic currently has it, but thats page has expired now.
It should be in AIS range in the next couple of hours.

WA here, ordered 7th September RWD in Ultra Red.
I had a windfall earlier this month and decided to go for the LR - Ultra Red, order changed on the 11th December despite risking that my delivery could be delayed.
Estimate is still saying Jan-March, no VIN.

We did the exact opposite of each other, so who knows, maybe my Ultra Red LR was built anyway and now it is yours, and I get your RWD.

Here's hoping they just swapped our cars over!
I also hope they make a few extra of each configuration to fill orders as they come up.
I know if you try to order a LR now though it says Feb-Apr '24
Feb - Apr would likely closer to March-April im guessing with the quarterly cycles. They will likely move back to LHD production in January to send more cars to EU..

True - though there was a *lot* of cars in that drone video at the Shanghai port, surely more than one ship load over the next few weeks
Yeah they are constantly exporting to different markets with different configurations. Until any of the other gigafactories start producing highland model 3, or the successor to Highland they are going to keep pretty busy..

Yeah, I figure it's a bit of a gamble, I know as far as resale it's only worth about 1/3 of the purchase price, but looking at the prices in the US and with employee testing well under way here I expect Australia to start catching up with the US within the next 6-12 months. At that point the price will skyrocket.

I'm also betting that they'll have it to the point where you are able to just let it drive itself and be doing other things within the next couple of years (at least on highways, etc initially, then gradually introduced into other areas).

Basically it's a gamble that within the lifetime of this car it'll be worth a lot more. I got to test it out pretty extensively on the trip to BNE and back (and deliberately put it in all the situations some people like to complain about), and it was pretty awesome (even though currently we are WAY behind the US)
One thing I noticed when buying enhanced autopilot or FSD with the car, at least in WA, is you have to pay stamp duty on it as well as it forms part of the cost of the car. But you can buy it in the app later after delivery and then it's excl. stamp duty. Obviously if you are in one of the states with an exemption then that doesn't matter right now.

Reactions: cafz
TESLA UPDATE
IMG_0288.jpeg