Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this notice via email regarding stamp duty.

View attachment 1001624
I hope that by having to pay the fbt doesnt put the purchase price over the fbt threshold, and that just seems like its going to annoy a lot of people having to get oaperwork and quotes etc redone.
Why they couldnt just leave it as it is for existing orders seems to just be shifting an administrative overhead off them and onto the purchasers and NL companies

I am going to meet my new car next Thursday at 3pm.

A bit nervous, we have never met before, only chatted online. She has sent me pictures of course, but you know, the camera always lies.
What if she isn't everything she said she would be?
What if she has no stalks?
What if her thunk is disappointing?

Going to be an anxious Christmas.
Pics or it didnt happen

• Funny
Reactions: DougalVizsla

A bit nervous, we have never met before, only chatted online. She has sent me pictures of course, but you know, the camera always lies.

I am going to meet Murphster next Thursday at 3pm 😂😂🥳

Make sure you buy her a drink before you request to inspect her panel gaps

I feel sorry for the GC customers, looks like a few of them just got updates today pushing their MY deliveries out to Feb-Mar 2024. Perhaps GC is headed back and another ship has MY's on board?

Oh dear. I guess that is why Tesla are pushing to get Highlands out the door next week, I could even imagine it is why they sent the Begamot Ace up to Queensland early. They must need to make up some numbers for the quarter.

I hope that by having to pay the fbt doesnt put the purchase price over the fbt threshold, and that just seems like its going to annoy a lot of people having to get oaperwork and quotes etc redone.
Why they couldnt just leave it as it is for existing orders seems to just be shifting an administrative overhead off them and onto the purchasers and NL companies

I got that email too, my interpretation is,as long as the 'dutiable' amount is below the threshold for stamp duty excemption it can be refunded afterwards. For my configuration I'm sitting under the $78k limit.

1. I agree, it seems more straightforward to just exclude stamp duty from the get-go, why does it need to be this complicated?
2. Even if I do get it back, the finance piece (interest, instalments etc) is going to include the additional $3K stamp duty, isn't it?

Who benefits from this approach? and how?

Last edited:
I got that email too, my interpretation is,as long as the 'dutiable' amount is below the threshold for stamp duty excemption it can be refunded afterwards. For my configuration I'm sitting under the $78k limit.

1. I agree, it seems more straightforward to just exclude stamp duty from the get-go, why does it need to be this complicated?
2. Even if I do get it back, the finance piece (interest, instalments etc) is going to include the additional $3K stamp duty, isn't it?

Who benefits from this approach? and how?
Govt collects the tax upfront, starts collecting interest while the paperwork catches up. Follow the money :)