Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My communication with Tesla produced a response.

Seems they had a problem with the algorithm for one of the Sydney delivery locations - causing cars to be allocated in the wrong order. This is said to have been fixed.

Sounds like VIN assignment has been paused today (except for X Æ A-12 who somehow skirted the system) - but will be resuming "soon".

Anybody get a VIN today? I haven't noted any action... so reality seems to line up with what I was told.

For clarity: no VIN for me. Yet.
Broken system

Reactions: Koalified

Seems they had a problem with the algorithm for one of the Sydney delivery locations - causing cars to be allocated in the wrong order. This is said to have been fixed.

Sounds like VIN assignment has been paused today (except for X Æ A-12 who somehow skirted the system) - but will be resuming "soon".

Anybody get a VIN today? I haven't noted any action... so reality seems to line up with what I was told.

Just Sydney? Other centres seem to have the same instances (newer orders being fulfilled earlier). Haven’t heard of any VINs being sent out today.

Always has to be one person doing their own thing…

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000

Awesome work and that makes sense. Definitely haven't seen any activity today.

From what the ops manager said this morning it appears that they are all assigned centrally and the local centres find out the same time we do.

Based on what we've seen it appears they work through lists based on where the orders are being delivered.

I wonder if this is the same for one or two of the other centers (i.e: Mt Gravatt BNE which is my nominated DC)

Im hoping so...

Reactions: dronus
Awesome work and that makes sense. Definitely haven't seen any activity today.

From what the ops manager said this morning it appears that they are all assigned centrally and the local centres find out the same time we do.

Based on what we've seen it appears they work through lists based on where the orders are being delivered.
Going by this, theoretically, if road transport is pre-organised, ACT orders could be fulfilled the same week as Sydney - we’re only 1 hour extra away from where the ship berths.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
IMG_0436.jpeg

Lots of M3s that still don’t have their number plates on at Brisbane

Waiting for someone to grab me and take me to my car now

View attachment 1003629
Lots of M3s that still don’t have their number plates on at Brisbane

Waiting for someone to grab me and take me to my car now
I've noticed a lot of Teslas in my part of Sydney (Macquarie and environs) have quite crooked rear number plates. Hope they get yours straight.

Gotta say, they all look great.

Enjoy your drive home.

They said Sydney...
Yeah it sounds like it's all done centrally though. If there's a hold up in the process, invoices, VINs etc it's going to affect all.

In this case it might be an issue with one of the cars assigned to Sydney but putting all the bits of info together it makes sense if this is the hold up for us all and explains why VIN assignments seemed to suddenly stop yesterday.

Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
Yeah it sounds like it's all done centrally though. If there's a hold up in the process, invoices, VINs etc it's going to affect all.

In this case it might be an issue with one of the cars assigned to Sydney but putting all the bits of info together it makes sense if this is the hold up for us all and explains why VIN assignments seemed to suddenly stop yesterday.
crikey

I reakon they should unassign all those assigned vins, just to annoy those people haha. I would if i was in charge, which im not.

• Funny
Reactions: gambell and Jules22