Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the general 1800 number to ask what’s going on? I expressed my displeasure at being given a VIN and a delivery window and then suddenly losing them. Then also seeing people being allocated cars, with much later order dates than mine. I also said this has happened to a lot of cars with a pick up from Canberra.

This was a general call group and he is going to send the Canberra group a message to get a follow up on Monday. He did try the “oh it’s a good sign when that happens as it usually means the car is very close” I said it’s been about a week now with any change in the app or webpage.

So, they have until Monday/Tuesday to get back to with a reasonable explanation, that I’m willing to accept. Otherwise, I’m giving up on Telsa. I’ll still sell my M3 to the guy from work and just get something else.

I’m very hard trying not to make this into a knee jerk reaction but there’s too much of a feeling of déjà vu here, for me. I love this car but jeezuz they’re making it bloody hard for me to love them at the moment. I waited seven months (mostly patiently) for my current one and I can’t believe this crud is happening again.
I get the frustration but I honestly think this will be a decision you regret, but hey I have no idea who you are 😂

I just called the general 1800 number to ask what’s going on? I expressed my displeasure at being given a VIN and a delivery window and then suddenly losing them. Then also seeing people being allocated cars, with much later order dates than mine. I also said this has happened to a lot of cars with a pick up from Canberra.

This was a general call group and he is going to send the Canberra group a message to get a follow up on Monday. He did try the “oh it’s a good sign when that happens as it usually means the car is very close” I said it’s been about a week now with any change in the app or webpage.

So, they have until Monday/Tuesday to get back to with a reasonable explanation, that I’m willing to accept. Otherwise, I’m giving up on Telsa. I’ll still sell my M3 to the guy from work and just get something else.

I’m very hard trying not to make this into a knee jerk reaction but there’s too much of a feeling of déjà vu here, for me. I love this car but jeezuz they’re making it bloody hard for me to love them at the moment. I waited seven months (mostly patiently) for my current one and I can’t believe this crud is happening again.
It just further cements (as someone pointed out earlier) that when it comes to products/deliveries, they are a bit like Apple.. maybe they aren't as customer-centric as I first thought. Excellent product, lacklustre customer experience (for some).

I do still think it's worth the wait but understand your frustrations with the whole process (especially for a second time). Hang in there, we're all in this together o_O

Definitely understand where you are coming from. I'll still hang in there (unless it goes past March in which case I may reconsider) I'm confident that once I have the car this will all be quickly forgotten (though like I said I'll avoid any model change overs in future)

I keep reading rumours that the M3H release in the US is imminent, along with expectations that it'll include a front bumper camera. Why would they have 2 different variants between Shanghai + Fremont builds? Worse, how annoying if they all of a sudden start including it on the Shanghai builds once the US version goes live..
We might have to rewatch the byd canera install video and learn about thing like tape.
I learnt that tape is used to tape things together. One side is sticky, and the other side isnt. If you want to release the cable thats being held down by the tape, you need to remove the tape. Once you have removed thd tape which was holding down the cable, you will see that indeed only one side was sticky….
Arrrgghhhhgghhhhggh

We might have to rewatch the byd canera install video and learn about thing like tape.
I learnt that tape is used to tape things together. One side is sticky, and the other side isnt. If you want to release the cable thats being held down by the tape, you need to remove the tape. Once you have removed thd tape which was holding down the cable, you will see that indeed only one side was sticky….
Arrrgghhhhgghhhhggh
“Joy, get the double sided”

*Joy rushes to Seal Tom*

“Not the double ender”

I’ve thought about it recently when parking forward in. Unlike the Cybertruck our car is so low at the front where the camera would go. I think that it would get the shits everyone time you approached the sleeper (wheel stop, whatever it is called) and stop you before you even got to it let alone park the front over it. Would be a pain in the arse tbh.

You can see the front of the car from the drivers seat, the whole camera thing is a non issue. I don’t see them putting one in, not the 3 anyway.

For my brothers and sisters waiting on Firmament Ace, the itinerary now has the arrival date as Feb 3, as opposed to Feb 8 when I previously checked. No update on the Tesla app re ETA however fingers crossed this results in earlier deliveries.
IMG_9660.png

I'm now highly leaning toward Paganella being the next M3H ship for Australia (and likely fulfilling our NSW/ACT orders still outstanding) when she loads up next week in Shanghai (11th Jan). She's previously brought Tesla's to Aus in 2022 & 2023 so very likely to do it again in 2024.

Tesla Model Y Reaches the Shores of Australia & New Zealand

Record Tesla EV shipment arrives at Port Kembla

If true, we should expect VINs shortly after (13th Jan onwards?)

*Schedule:
11th Jan: In port, Shanghai
25th Jan: In port, Brisbane (Direct)
29th Jan: In port, Port Kembla
1st Feb: In port, Melbourne

I'm not sure why it takes longer this time from Shanghai > Brisbane direct (~14 days instead of the usual 10)

I know that people doubt my theory about the fact that cars they have shipped so far missing the middle seat tether could well be the reason for the “glitches” and revoked VINs. I do believe that this would cause a huge headache for Tesla once it had been noticed.

The highlands are still being covered by the Model 3s 2019 ANCAP safety report, and this is where it gets its 5 stars from. It isn’t due for recertification until 2025. I downloaded the report from ANCAP showing the results of its testing and the basis of the 5 stars it got. The child protection section does make for interesting reading…

IMG_3165.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

The car I collected absolutely would invalidate their five star ANCAP. I can’t see how this wouldn’t cause problems for Tesla and can easily see how this could derail their deliveries until units arrive that conform. Surely?

Just had a call from the awesome SA at the Adelaide delivery centre checking in to make sure all my leasing paperwork and charger etc are all sorted prior to delivery.
They seem to be expecting quite a few deliveries from these next few shipments.
Also checked to make sure i was still cool with the premium plates.
Ill touch base with my NL company again early next week and let them know the deliveries are moving fast and to make sure payment is settled before time :)

I know that people doubt my theory about the fact that cars they have shipped so far missing the middle seat tether could well be the reason for the “glitches” and revoked VINs. I do believe that this would cause a huge headache for Tesla once it had been noticed.

The highlands are still being covered by the Model 3s 2019 ANCAP safety report, and this is where it gets its 5 stars from. It isn’t due for recertification until 2025. I downloaded the report from ANCAP showing the results of its testing and the basis of the 5 stars it got. The child protection section does make for interesting reading…

View attachment 1006419
View attachment 1006420

The car I collected absolutely would invalidate their five star ANCAP. I can’t see how this wouldn’t cause problems for Tesla and can easily see how this could derail their deliveries until units arrive that conform. Surely?
Do child seat anchorages have to be individual or can they be shared?
IE if there are outboard tethers, can these be used by the centre position via 2 straps?

I have posted this before, if you didn’t see it it makes for interesting reading and gives an indication of what could well be happening in Tesla Australia atm…

Reactions: dronus
I have posted this before, if you didn’t see it it makes for interesting reading and gives an indication of what could well be happening in Tesla Australia atm…

I think if that was the reason we wouldn't only see those of us in very specific locations missing out while deliveries continue everywhere else.

Makes much more sense to me that the glitch they refer to is our vehicles going to the wrong place or being double booked or something

I get what they are saying. But instead of stopping the sale of thousands of cars, inconveniencing all of those people im guessing the same thing would happen as BYD.
Just dont put a child seat there until a modification can be carried out, or they review the regulations. Start with the people who need it (people who want to put a child seat there)
In reality, it only affects people who want to put child seats in the centre of the rear of the new car, it doesnt affect most people.

The media will report that the whole car is unsafe, and will catch on fire.

Reactions: Jules22