Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: dronus
Is that not your ****ing config?
Lets go back to the spreadsheet, do we know which ship(s) are likely to berth in PK next? Need to give our good friends in CBR some VIN loVINg.
5th Jan - Ship Update (I've cast a wide net)

⭐ = Confirmed headed to Australia

View attachment 1005980

*Not sure why Morning Claire is taking so long to get from Korea - Singapore but that's what MarineTraffic currently states.

I'm tempted to try get an email address for head office so I can make sure my feedback goes beyond the state manager. It's really getting silly now that 4 months later we are still in the dark while new orders are being instantly filled.
its almost as frustrating as watching this BYD camera install video.
Ok, 3 clips, got it. Dont need to explain what clips are and why they are needed.

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on and Jules22
This has become a bit of a sick joke now.
It's comical because if we all weren't so invested in our purchases and were none the wiser to other orders, we'd think this is normal right up until 31st March 2024 😋 maybe we shot ourselves in the foot here!

Life lessons from Tesla:
1. Patience my friend
2. Tesla HQ sends a bunch of VINs out to each DC, regardless of how many of each configs are ordered where (I picture a 'dart board on the back of someone's office door' type scenario here)
3. To clarify point 2, logic does not apply to the ordering process
4. If in doubt, refer to point 1 again

It's comical because if we all weren't so invested in our purchases and were none the wiser to other orders, we'd think this is normal right up until 31st March 2024 😋 maybe we shot ourselves in the foot here!

Life lessons from Tesla:
1. Patience my friend
2. Tesla HQ sends a bunch of VINs out to each DC, regardless of how many of each configs are ordered where (I picture a 'dart board on the back of someone's office door' type scenario here)
3. To clarify point 2, logic does not apply to the ordering process
4. If in doubt, refer to point 1 again
Yeah, we are in a unique situation ordering the highland after the factory was out of action, I won't make that mistake again with Tesla, either order the current model or wait until production is well under way before ordering antything.

I do really think something has gone wrong though, I suspect our vehicles were built and the 'glitch' they refer to was our vehicles being sent somewhere else or something along those lines. @aaron.m your VIN doesn't end in 2682 does it?

Either way, I think they should be communicating with those of us who were assigned VIN's and had them pulled off us at this point, we shouldn't have to be chasing them for answers while they fill 4+ month newer orders ahead of ours.

Yeah, we are in a unique situation ordering the highland after the factory was out of action, I won't make that mistake again with Tesla, either order the current model or wait until production is well under way before ordering antything.

I do really think something has gone wrong though, I suspect our vehicles were built and the 'glitch' they refer to was our vehicles being sent somewhere else or something along those lines. @aaron.m your VIN doesn't end in 2682 does it?

Either way, I think they should be communicating with those of us who were assigned VIN's and had them pulled off us at this point, we shouldn't have to be chasing them for answers while they fill 4+ month newer orders ahead of ours.
Absolutely agree 100%

Reactions: Tesl3on

I agree with you, they should be more transparent with things like this. I suspect local DCs aren't even told the true reasons behind the 'glitch'.

I keep reading rumours that the M3H release in the US is imminent, along with expectations that it'll include a front bumper camera. Why would they have 2 different variants between Shanghai + Fremont builds? Worse, how annoying if they all of a sudden start including it on the Shanghai builds once the US version goes live..

I just called the general 1800 number to ask what’s going on? I expressed my displeasure at being given a VIN and a delivery window and then suddenly losing them. Then also seeing people being allocated cars, with much later order dates than mine. I also said this has happened to a lot of cars with a pick up from Canberra.

This was a general call group and he is going to send the Canberra group a message to get a follow up on Monday. He did try the “oh it’s a good sign when that happens as it usually means the car is very close” I said it’s been about a week now with any change in the app or webpage.

So, they have until Monday/Tuesday to get back to with a reasonable explanation, that I’m willing to accept. Otherwise, I’m giving up on Telsa. I’ll still sell my M3 to the guy from work and just get something else.

I’m very hard trying not to make this into a knee jerk reaction but there’s too much of a feeling of déjà vu here, for me. I love this car but jeezuz they’re making it bloody hard for me to love them at the moment. I waited seven months (mostly patiently) for my current one and I can’t believe this crud is happening again.

I keep reading rumours that the M3H release in the US is imminent, along with expectations that it'll include a front bumper camera. Why would they have 2 different variants between Shanghai + Fremont builds? Worse, how annoying if they all of a sudden start including it on the Shanghai builds once the US version goes live..
I doubt they are going to include it, they obviously experimented with it as it was there on some test models and decided they didn't need it.

I think if they did introduce it they'd have some method of retrofiting it, I just can't see it happening though. It was obviously planned early on which was why it was still in all of the marketing material that was initially released. I suspect it was close to the release date that they decided the new 3d park assist was good enough that there was no need for the front camera.