Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I do ever have children and finally need to use my third middle tether point I'm naming the first one Beluga and the second one Ace, the third will be Vin and he'll always think his full name is Vince until he looks at his birth certificate to find that he was born as Vehicle Identification Number
Im thinking about renaming mine as such.
They are in their 20s though so im expecting some pushback.

Id really like the autoparking from the enhanced autopilot, i use it on my calais every now and then and its pretty useful.
Would be nice if they included it, or at least broke it out in modules.
Really keen to hear your future experiences with FSD or the bits enabled!
autopark was absolute shite on our Y. the only things of benefit in my opinion from EAP are autolane change (not the EAP one, just on Autopilot) and summon

Anyone with SG fleet? I’ve sent through invoice last week but haven’t heard anything. And I called a few times and everyone is giving me a different answer
Im not with SG Fleet but mine is behaving similar. There seems to be a weird connection between the NL company and the Financiar.
I noticed this time my NL is using a different Financiar... not sure why.. Ive asked them to get ready to settle the invoice as the car is in the country.

Im not with SG Fleet but mine is behaving similar. There seems to be a weird connection between the NL company and the Financiar.
I noticed this time my NL is using a different Financiar... not sure why.. Ive asked them to get ready to settle the invoice as the car is in the country.
stupid thing for me is I’ve just received a text from my NL saying they have already paid for my car even though I still don’t have a delivery date!

Yeah okay thought that was the case, thanks!
I did find the auto lane changes can be a little bit of a pain in the way it's implemented here in Aus. (Note- I had it set to confirm lane changes rather than just let it do them iteself, meant to try it with that off but never got around to it. I THINK though that it doesn't really matter in Australia, you still have to confirm either way).

The issues I found were that when it tells you it wants to change lanes (or you can initiate with the indicator), you have to use the indicator and give the wheel a tug for it to do it. Couple of things to be aware of, I was in the habit of using the half press on the indicator stalk from ICE cars, so you just do 3 or 4 blinks and change lanes. If you do that in the Tesla, what ends up happening is that it starts changing lanes then it's half way accross when the 3 or 4 blinks finish, it thinks you changed your mind and veers back into the original lane.

Completely user error but took a bit to get out of that habbit. Will be better in the M3H with the indicator buttons, also when I set the indicator stalk to 'auto cancel' later in the trip, that made it a lot better.

The other one is the tug of the wheel, unlike the slight pressure it asks you to put on EAP/FSD, it requires a bit more of a tug I found, and quite often it is very easy to knock it out of AP, which again is annoying. This is a quirk of the Australian regulations which makes it more dangerous than if it was just like the US and only required the indicator to confirm (and also allows you to just let it change lanes itself).

Just a few things I found to be aware of, I'm hoping we'll be in line with the US soon enough (2 weeks? :D ), so some of these annoyances can be removed and EAP/FSD will work a lot better than it does currently.