Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to wait for a term deposit to mature mid March before placing my order for a Model 3 RWD but want to take delivery before the WA EV rebate ends 31 May. A goldilocks kind of thing: late enough but not too late. The Tesla website says Jan to March delivery for orders placed now. What have people experienced in reality lately? Red but otherwise standard RWD, if that matters.

Reactions: dronus
I need to wait for a term deposit to mature mid March before placing my order for a Model 3 RWD but want to take delivery before the WA EV rebate ends 31 May. A goldilocks kind of thing: late enough but not too late. The Tesla website says Jan to March delivery for orders placed now. What have people experienced in reality lately? Red but otherwise standard RWD, if that matters.
I think a ship load is either on its way or has landed in WA, if your config is spare youd probably get assigned with one of those!

If you are not in ACT and certain parts of Sydney the delivery is very quick (couple of weeks).

WA has a couple of ships just docked recently or very close to it, so should be a decent chance.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
It ends 10 May 2025, not 2024 :)

It will also expire after 10,000 redemptions if that happens first - its currently sitting at 4,000 redemptions since being launched in May 2022 so again still some time left

Is China a more a competitive/price sensitive market for EVs?
Absolutely, dozens of EV brands there that don't export. BYD has a lot of 'China only' models and 90% of BYD sales are within China.

It's actually amazing that Tesla do as well as they do in China and are able to maintain compartively massive margins there when the rest other than BYD are losing money and even BYD only makes a small profit margin.

• Informative
Absolutely, dozens of EV brands there that don't export. BYD has a lot of 'China only' models and 90% of BYD sales are within China.

It's actually amazing that Tesla do as well as they do in China and are able to maintain compartively massive margins there when the rest other than BYD are losing money and even BYD only makes a small profit margin.
IMG_8382.gif

It’s the status symbol similar to owning an iPhone instead of a locally made Huawei

Reactions: dronus and Jules22