Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is China a more a competitive/price sensitive market for EVs?
yes, I heard Telsa China's 2023 Q3 sales number plunged since the reveal of the Highland.

Massive competition out there, more like the Veteran++ level when compared to the Australian market (Recruit) I would say.
Tesla's tech is solid but not seen as irreplaceable out there hence a sharp sharp price is crucial for keeping its market %.

The market isn't that excited to see the price of the new M3H jump up from CNY 240k (AU$52k) to CNY 260k ( roughly AU$54k). As many speculated, Tesla dropped the M3H RWD price back down to CNY245k on 12th Jan.

I was hoping the BYD seal would put some pressure on M3H here, but Tesla must know how desperate we are down here... damn it...

Reactions: aaron.m and dronus
You guys are lucky compared to the last time when I ordered my current Model 3, took a whole year to get it. During that time, my first ETA was 6 - 9 months and ended up waiting 12 months 😅

This time around, it was much faster than I expected. Ordering start of December and already receiving a VIN and ETA for delivery in Feb I have a feeling I got someone's cancelled order.

yes, I heard Telsa China's 2023 Q3 sales number plunged since the reveal of the
That was WAY overblown. Tesla warned in advance that would happen as the factory had to shut down to retool for M3H production.

Of course didn't stop media outlets trying to paint it as a negative.

They'll continue to sell as much as they can make for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: dronus
That was WAY overblown. Tesla warned in advance that would happen as the factory had to shut down to retool for M3H production.

Of course didn't stop media outlets trying to paint it as a negative.

They'll continue to sell as much as they can make for the foreseeable future.
Not sure, retool was for 3 weeks I remember? Wasn’t long. There was a lot of emotion online there for not taking delivery so maybe both factors are in play.

Returning a whole ship of model Y certainly didn’t help and now M3H RWD lost the federal rebate in the US probably making Telsa wanting to play safe for a bit.

Hopefully this changes this weekView attachment 1008747
I got exactly same eta for my one in ACT!
Beluga ACE finished unloading in Port Kembla and now heading to Japan. I haven’t received any update from Tesla about my car’s arrival in AU yet! Should I be worried 😟 RoRo shows eta 17th Jan so they managed to deliver 3 days early in port Kembla.

1705237501701.png

Reactions: Jules22
Mine is on FIRMAMENT ACE, M3 while Brisbane.
20 Feb-12 Mar

Got invoice and rego paper.

ordered in Sep 23.

Now just waiting

FA is about to cross Mariana Trench near 11-km Challenger Deep... My Tesla must be totally frightened, poor girl.
According to Marine traffic Firmament Ace is still due in Melbourne on 23/1, although RoRo still shows 27/1.
My car is still showing est delivery of 14/2 - 6/3 (in Adelaide).
And it seems like est delivery of 20/2 - 12/3 in Brisbane.

Does Tesla system use RoRo's estimate? I wonder whether someone has to manually update ship ETAs in the Tesla system.

3-6 weeks from ship docking in Melbourne to delivery in Adelaide seems a bit much.

Reactions: Tesl3on
haha, you immediately know it's not an EV/Tesla as the media always forget to name any other brand if they are involved in an accident. Even if it's several vehicles and the Tesla was not at fault, the headlines will be 'Tesla crashes' any other time it's a 'silver sedan' or whatever never the name of the brand.

Still putting my hopes on Paganella having all our ACT/NSW orders, had to do some history checking to keep my hopes up and came up with this:

DJ departed SHN on 17/12 for BRI with ETA on 28/12

Vins were issued 24-26/12 which was 7-9 days after DJ departed, 2-4 days before ETA.

Paganella departed SHN on 12/01 for BRI with ETA on 24/01.

Vins could be expected anywhere from 19-22/01 for Paganella.

Not losing hope here!