Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot believe this, I think I have been duped by Tesla and EVs in general!!

You mean to tell me that electric vehicles are in fact NOT designed primarily for long distance driving?!?!?

I am shocked my friends! Shocked!!

Reactions: Mes1 and X Æ A-12

You mean to tell me that electric vehicles are in fact NOT designed primarily for long distance driving?!?!?

Solid state battery can do 1000kms in a single drive though 🙃

When i was wasting time watching cats riding around on robot vacuum cleaners (some dressed up as sharks chasing ducks) on youtube the other day i saw a clickbait banner for a video which appeared to feature some cranky old 4wd driving bogan with a screwed up face saying that EVs are more expensive to fuel than petrol/diesel cars.
I didnt click on it (he used a poo emoji so instant red flag) but im guessing people could enjoy that one. Good water cooler conversation i guess.

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on
When i was wasting time watching cats riding around on robot vacuum cleaners (some dressed up as sharks chasing ducks) on youtube the other day i saw a clickbait banner for a video which appeared to feature some cranky old 4wd driving bogan with a screwed up face saying that EVs are more expensive to fuel than petrol/diesel cars.
I didnt click on it (he used a poo emoji so instant red flag) but im guessing people could enjoy that one. Good water cooler conversation i guess.
I knew it'd be John Cadogan just from the description "cranky old bogan". 😂

Reactions: AusMar
Hope you don’t mind this @meloccom

But to put our struggle into perspective a little, I found this in an early Model S waiting style thread. This was what Melo did while waiting for his delivery.

……

Although I only ordered my Model S in 2012 I decided that I would buy a Tesla soon after I first heard about them in 2006.
So my achievements since then.
1: Saved 2/3 of the money to buy the Model S since 2007
2: Negotiating with my Owners Corporation to have my EVSE approved and gazetting probably the first Strata by-law for plug in vehicles in Australia in 2010
3: Keeping my 1999 Mercedes A class going for 15 years until a texting teenager hit it last year and wrote it off! :cursing:
4: Built a holiday house in Bundanoon and installed 3 phase into the garage for awesome charging.
5: Waiting this long for a car without going insane

@meloccom

Reactions: [Zombie]
This is our chance to jump on Tesla to expedite things.
I just got this email in.

1705540197593.png

Imagine Tesla having to do this for all the hundreds/thousands of cars waiting to be picked up in Australia...
I have experienced the boot harness recall with my M3P. The service guy had to remove a lot of parts from the internal trim. He was quick and it took about 30mins. It was clear that he has done it a few times before.
In my opinion, they should just cut an opening in the trim to expose the anchor point. This will probably allow them to deliver the cars. In parallel, they should provision a proper shelf. The replacement of the shelf should happen when you do a service or request work to be done on your car.
This should work unless the issue is more complex than what we think.