Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think a recall is likely
Yes

Or if you planned to put your one seat in the middle (where it is the safest position to put the child seat) - no 3 seats needed ;P
Will still need top tether attachment point
but it would never have even crossed our mind to install our child seat in the middle seat 😰
People with 2 kids old enough the sit in normal rear seat + preschool kid who needs a car seat.

I’m still thinking Tesla might argue it is accessible by lowering the middle seat.
The top tether point is still apparently hidden. Needs to be accessible without requiring tools

I book my car 2 days ago, and got a VIN number after 2 hours, bloody so quick.
However it's built My23.5, and I was expecting 2024 built.
Is there any way to get 2024 built?
Tesla said, I have to cancel my order and loose the deposit and reorder after couple of weeks.
What is your opinion on 2024 model instead 23.5, is it worth to change, in regards to update year model.
Is there any difference of depreciation??
I can relate to this when I got the email to tell me to list in my insurance as "MY23.5"

I actually gave a call to Tesla Mulgrave and they gave an answer to that.

While Model 3 Highland is generally known as "Model 3 2024", it actually started manufacturing in September 2023 last year.
Which is why it was given the name "MY23".
But to avoid confusion with anything else in 2023, it gains an extra ".5" at the end.

So "MY23.5" is the "Tesla Model 3 2024 Highland" model.
Which makes sense, since the Europeans got this car like 2 months before us.

And since insurance/leasing is only interested in the "MY23.5" code, the cost is all the same, which means the expected depreciation is the same.

I can relate to this when I got the email to tell me to list in my insurance as "MY23.5"

I actually gave a call to Tesla Mulgrave and they gave an answer to that.

While Model 3 Highland is generally known as "Model 3 2024", it actually started manufacturing in September 2023 last year.
Which is why it was given the name "MY23".
But to avoid confusion with anything else in 2023, it gains an extra ".5" at the end.

So "MY23.5" is the "Tesla Model 3 2024 Highland" model.
Which makes sense, since the Europeans got this car like 2 months before us.

And since insurance/leasing is only interested in the "MY23.5" code, the cost is all the same, which means the expected depreciation is the same.
Not exactly, see an earlier post in this thread where RAC insurance are charging different amounts for MY23.5 and MY24. Though I suspect that's purely some computer based algorithm.

Reactions: avfc1982
see an earlier post in this thread where RAC insurance are charging different amounts for MY23.5 and MY24. Though I suspect that's purely some computer based algorithm.
Yes I found out the hard way that RACWA charge more based on the build year of the car.

A while ago I noticed my 2014 built, 2015 registered car was in their system as a 2015 model so I gave them a call to make sure their details were accurate, only to be told my premium would be about $100 more now.

When I asked if having the wrong year would have caused me issues in the event of a claim I was told it wouldn't have mattered, they would have just adjusted it in the event.

So I should have kept my mouth shut, and if I were insuring a 2023 built Highland today my dyslexia might cause me to choose 2024 by accident again.

Yes I found out the hard way that RACWA charge more based on the build year of the car.

A while ago I noticed my 2014 built, 2015 registered car was in their system as a 2015 model so I gave them a call to make sure their details were accurate, only to be told my premium would be about $100 more now.

When I asked if having the wrong year would have caused me issues in the event of a claim I was told it wouldn't have mattered, they would have just adjusted it in the event.

So I should have kept my mouth shut, and if I were insuring a 2023 built Highland today my dyslexia might cause me to choose 2024 by accident again.
Yeah I'm debating registering as a 2024 model as that's when it will be registered (and it's cheaper). I haven't received the "Your car is an MY23.5" email that some people on here have had.

Yeah I'm debating registering as a 2024 model as that's when it will be registered (and it's cheaper). I haven't received the "Your car is an MY23.5" email that some people on here have had.
I've always been super paranoid about making sure the car details are 100% accurate on my insurance. I've never wanted to give them any excuse to reject a claim.

Not worth the risk in my mind.

Not exactly, see an earlier post in this thread where RAC insurance are charging different amounts for MY23.5 and MY24. Though I suspect that's purely some computer based algorithm.
Ah yer, reading back on the thread and saw some of the report (my bad, only just joined for the child seat delay news).

Still though, it is a little strange as all their expected arrival date is around the same time, which I would assume would be built around the same time. Considering I made my order at the end of November last year, would have thought I get the latest model.

But, speculating, it might simply be the situation where they have a lot of existing "White LR" stock (which is my order) as that is the default colour, which maybe means if you order with another colour, you might get a more updated model. But if you just pick the default, they might just pull one from the existing stock?

I've always been super paranoid about making sure the car details are 100% accurate on my insurance. I've never wanted to give them any excuse to reject a claim.

Not worth the risk in my mind.
Screenshot_20240117_123613_Messages.jpg

I posted this yesterday but I think it got lost in the stop deliveries mess. I'd suggest clarifying directly with Tesla - I'm going to insure mine as a 2024 model based on this advice.

Don’t reckon they will discuss anything about the compliance issue, it’s just a training session for the oldies
I joined one just before Christmas, and unless it has changed since then it wasn't very helpful. They just played the training videos that are in the app, and showed me how to indicate (use the stalk), how to change gear (use the stalk) etc.. You would understand why I logged off pretty quickly.

Reactions: Koalified