Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of morbid fascination My ZB holden has back of seat tethers (not top tethers) so it doesnt count, but I also have a vz holden and the way they did it was have bolts going thru the rear parcel shelf that you moved yourself haha. Stay classy, holden!

IMG_8432.jpeg

IMG_8431.jpeg

Interestingly i just got an email from motor1 in regards to the tinting/protection etc they will be doing on my car, seeking a booking date. More than likely my settlement has gone thru… i wonder if there is a way to tell if the NL has paid?
Or might just be preemptive :)

Interestingly i just got an email from motor1 in regards to the tinting/protection etc they will be doing on my car, seeking a booking date. More than likely my settlement has gone thru… i wonder if there is a way to tell if the NL has paid?
Do they know how to cut holes as well as tint?

Better yet if they can dig tunnels AND cut holes. Tesla staff turn up to the delivery centres tomorrow morning to find all the M3H's have been fixed but there is this big hole in the floor.

Out of morbid fascination My ZB holden has back of seat tethers (not top tethers) so it doesnt count, but I also have a vz holden and the way they did it was have bolts going thru the rear parcel shelf that you moved yourself haha. Stay classy, holden!
Actually back of seat tethers are same thing. The strap goes over the top of the seat and fastens at the back. My previous car was the same. The "top" in top tether refers to a strap that attaches the top of the child seat to the car.

In hatchbacks and SUVs they usually are on the back of the seat. It is only in cars with a fixed parcel shelf, and therefore no access to the rear of the seats, that they put them in the shelf itself.

Reactions: dronus
Getting a EVSE approved back then in a strata would have been a complete nightmare!

Hahahaha !
I’m still negotiating with Strata Committees, the projects just get larger.
Currently working on an EV backbone installation for an apartment building garage with 155 parking spaces. Will write about it later this year, have the by laws written and budget approval, but we still have to go out to tender and actually do the installation.

First Glovis now this! So lost with this situations.. I am renting car since November! my MY is in Morning Crystal and it’s heading to Port Kembla, maybe better to get the Y now though it’s going to be updated bt end of the year :(

Anyone considered Kia Ev6 GT-Line ? Its AWD , some stock available.
In fairness, this is more or less how I ended up with a BMW ix3 2 years ago. When I ordered my M3LR the estimated time until delivery was 4-6 weeks. After several months of delays and Tesla SAs just shrugging their shoulders I gave up and bought what was available. BMW literally had stock sitting in the dealership and I drove away 4 days after dropping w deposit online.

Pretty glad I picked up an inventory M3P and didn’t get caught in this debacle as well or I’d probably be well and truly over dealing with Tesla!

Actually back of seat tethers are same thing. The strap goes over the top of the seat and fastens at the back. My previous car was the same. The "top" in top tether refers to a strap that attaches the top of the child seat to the car.

In hatchbacks and SUVs they usually are on the back of the seat. It is only in cars with a fixed parcel shelf, and therefore no access to the rear of the seats, that they put them in the shelf itself.
Ohh well ny seat tethers are not easily accessible, you would have to move the removable parcel shelf and put it somewhere else

Reactions: Murphster
In the same way that you cant put a child seat in either front seats cant they just say you cant put a child seat in the centre rear seat? Its for adults only.
To say that the centre seat is the safest also would suggest that its safer than the child seat being on the opposite side to impact, and if the side child seat positions are so dangerous, why are tethers required there?

Do the new door strengthening brackets (remember them from the youtube influencers reviews?) yanno, the ones that help make that thunk sound, increase the structural integrity to a point that it doesnt matter where a rear chikd seat is?
That could be easily verified by comparing the crash test data from the 2023/2024 models.
I think they were included so they met strict US side impact laws.
It’s a legal/compliance issue. The ADR strictly requires an easily accessible tether point for every seat in the back.

Blame the lawyers and engineers.

I knew it'd be John Cadogan just from the description "cranky old bogan". 😂

Haha, yeah I knew exactly who he meant when he said it too, lol.

BTW interesting that John also does paid advertisements for a number of NL companies spruking how great EV's are and you should buy one through xx company.

Guy is just a paid shill

That's nuts.. how often do prices end up like that where you actually get paid to use energy??
I've only been with them a couple of months now, but quite often on sunny days it sits in the -1 to -3c/kwh for a good part of the day, first time I've seen it hitting the -30's and -40's. I've also had export prices as high as $12 per KW, so you charge your powerwalls up during the day and dump them at night for some really good export prices.

It varies state to state though (and even locations within the state), I'm in Canberra. I've seen people with much better prices in Melbourne and Sydney.

If you log into your Tesla account via the web in the next steps section it will say final payment received.

Attachments

• IMG_4935.png
    IMG_4935.png
    498.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Informative
Reactions: dronus