Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but nowadays someone somewhere is going to do something really stupid and blame someone else.
Its never the persons fault who did the stupid thing, always someone elses fault.
One of my pet irks.
Make a mistake, own it and learn from it.

We are losing the ability to learn and think, relying on other people to think for us.

Back in my day….

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240120_204400_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240120_204400_Chrome.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: dronus and Tesl3on
Nah, Australia is a very small market.
GigaShanghai produces 1 mil Tesla/year
In 2023 Australia imported 50,000 Teslas

Thats 5%

And of the 5%. Let's say 3 months tied up by the stop delivery. Total production tied up = 1.25%
I think they’ve already “fixed the problem” but we have enforced a stop sale which means they need to deal with shipped and shipping units. Other countries will just get a different parcel shelf going forward. No one will notice or care (mostly)

Reactions: dronus
You're looking at the Tesla USA site, where their Model 3s can do up to 48A single phase, and no ability to do three phase.

The Aus equivalent website is https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/support/charging/onboard-charger

In Australia the Model 3 / Model Y charger maxes out at 32A on single phase (7.7kW @ 240V) and 16A on three phase

To work out the power on three phase you either multiply the amps by the L-N voltage (eg 240V) by 3, so 16 x 240 x 3 = 11500W or 11.5kW
or the amps by the L-L voltage (eg 415V) by the square root of 3 so 16 x 415 x 1.73 which also gives 11.5kW
what he
Sometimes you get 12. It's current-limited, so if the line voltages are on the high side you get a little more power delivered (there is an upper voltage limit though where the car will abort the charge).
Good to know, not my field of expertise 😝

Reactions: RichY3
I would have thought that Tesla Australia’s cash flow would have dropped to such a trickle by now that Elon would have put on his personal butt kicking boots and gone looking for targets.

If you do the math that’s a lot of hardware that’s been built and losing them money every day sitting in car yards.
This is the problem. Our market is minuscule. No one cares about it. We are just not worth all the hassle of making a very special car, which is aligned with so unique ADR. With no automotive manufacturing left we soon will be driving FSD kangaroos.

Last edited:
This is the problem. Our market is minuscule. No one cares about it. We are just not worth all the hassle of making a very special car, which is aligned with so unique ADR. With no automotive manufacturing left we soon will be driving FSD kangaroos.
I find it amusing when Australian Media/Politicians from any persuasion grandstand like we are a big deal on the global stage. Lost Perspective.