Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a LR, for longest battery life operate between 80% & 20% but if > 35degrees C, try to keep between 60% & 40%. Sure you can operate outside these limits but this will reduce calendar aging and support more cycles. There are numerous published papers on this. Also important is to allow the battery BMS to balance periodically otherwise the former advice may not help. I recommend you read the link below about battery calibration but also balancing.

Tesla battery management system (BMS) calibration

• Informative
Reactions: DrKwong and Rosier
So who’s gonna be your insurer? I’ve found that my best options are RACV and AAMI. Everyone else wants like 4-5 grand a year 😂
I should probably look, my NL did all that. It wouldnt have been cheap.

For my ICE car which im going to have to insure myself as from Feb1 ill go with RAA - they seem pretty good. I looked at YOUI and Budget Direct as the car wont be doing many KM once i get the tesla, but a few things stood out...

Price.
Even with nominating the low KM with the others, RAA was still cheaper. You seems to favor a certain younger demographic.

Pay by the month.
RAA Let you pay by the month and cancel at any time with no penalty. I might sell the car so im better off paying monthly.

Grouped discounts
Ill still like roadside assistance for my other cars and RipCo shopping. Also get discounted EV charging at the EV chargers (which is most of them in SA)

Local People
Call centres are local SA, i try and support local business where possible (aside from my TWATSS activities)

Reactions: AusMar and Rosier
Fantastic & potentially even a day earlier, 22/1 in Melbourne 🙂
IMG_6048.png

I should probably look, my NL did all that. It wouldnt have been cheap.

For my ICE car which im going to have to insure myself as from Feb1 ill go with RAA - they seem pretty good. I looked at YOUI and Budget Direct as the car wont be doing many KM once i get the tesla, but a few things stood out...

Price.
Even with nominating the low KM with the others, RAA was still cheaper. You seems to favor a certain younger demographic.

Pay by the month.
RAA Let you pay by the month and cancel at any time with no penalty. I might sell the car so im better off paying monthly.

Grouped discounts
Ill still like roadside assistance for my other cars and RipCo shopping. Also get discounted EV charging at the EV chargers (which is most of them in SA)

Local People
Call centres are local SA, i try and support local business where possible (aside from my TWATSS activities)
Yes, first I thought the RACV quote was expensive. Later on I realised the excess was set to the minimum. Stupid me. When I matched the excess to AAMI’s it turned out to be a lot cheaper.

The only thing about RACV(or similar in your state) is that if you select your car as a 23 model(mines manufactured in December) it gets a few hundred dollars more. So I hope they can go off the compliance date 😂 which will be 2024