Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new to the forum but have been reading this for a while.

There does seem to be different levels of anxiety the closer to pick up, just interested how much worse it gets, I'm still at the stage where the car is in the country but hasn't arrived in adelaide yet, so to see people have days and times locked in (however tenuous) seems like I still have a long way to go...
It is a bit of a journey, and i guess it depends how well you can process situations like this but the only advice i can give about the anxiety that is created is :

Let it come
Let it be
Let it go

The anxiety in your head makes no difference to when the car will be delivered, but it can change how the rest of your day goes. Its your choice how you react.

It gets better (or changes level) at each milestone and you learn to accept whats going on. Then you get a delivery date but in the back of your mind you are now open to the possibilty that this too will change so you just smile and wave :)

It gets easier as it goes along. You are on the last lap, hang in there, you are nearly there!

They and their friends will be interested by the time you get your car. Three of my workmates ordered EV after hearing that I already ordered and is waiting. The rumour spreads so fast and and is unstoppable. We are so happy if people in this thread inspired you and just pass it forward.
I hope that happens. I want everyone to have an EV haha. I guess it can be another brand haha. I've been wanting an EV for years, mostly Tesla. I am excited it will finally happen instead of dreaming.

I’ve had tint done by them, had a few issues with ‘spears’ which they fixed but never had them do paint protection, they are obviously also a franchise so probably change their staff from time to time.
I had my wife’s car tinted at the Edwardstown branch and they were not to shy in slating the Lonsdale guys which I thought was not a good look but I had no real issues with Lonsdale

Reactions: dronus
So i just broke the news to my lad that we wont be cruising to his 21st dinner in the new car.
To his credit he said “it doesnt matter how we get there, just that we are there together” which was really cool.
As we are both not working friday we are both going to (hopefully) go down for the car delivery, something he seems even more excited about one on one ❤️🙏

So i just broke the news to my lad that we wont be cruising to his 21st dinner in the new car.
To his credit he said “it doesnt matter how we get there, just that we are there together” which was really cool.
As we are both not working friday we are both going to (hopefully) go down for the car delivery, something he seems even more excited about one on one ❤️🙏
Absolutely love this

Reactions: Tesl3on
Well you have raised a good lad.

Anyone else order a Blue RWD with delivery from Canberra this week (looking at you @PcS000). Your vehicle is awaiting delivery (and a wash).

Nice to see the front number plate holder without a plate on it. Looks solid.

P.S. how good is that blue!

IMG_9571.jpeg

Latest news and speculation from the Professor...

News...
  1. EDD updated again. Now 4 Feb - 11 Mar. So it could be as early as next week!
  2. Received email and SMS advising that the car is in Oz. This is expected as Paganella (which was blessed with my car) has been and gone from Port Kembla.

Same email and text. EDD now showing 4th Feb - 11th Mar

Got the same SMS. Still no VIN and my delivery date still shows February 14 - March 21. *shrugs*
I messaged them saying I'm OK to pickup from Alexandria or Chatswood and gave them some dates I'm overseas after reading that here!

Hi all, new to the forum but have been reading this for a while.

There does seem to be different levels of anxiety the closer to pick up, just interested how much worse it gets, I'm still at the stage where the car is in the country but hasn't arrived in adelaide yet, so to see people have days and times locked in (however tenuous) seems like I still have a long way to go...

This might make you feel better.. compared to what I went through in the past it's a a hell of a lot better now. My first model 3 I ordered in March 2022, EDD was listed as 6-9 months and with many delays (stinkbugs etc) my car was finally delivered 11 months later in Feb 2023. This time with the highland, I ordered December 5th and i'll be picking up on Feb 10th.

While
BTW, they spell Dronus in a very unusual way, in that email/text. And very frustrating news about the car too.
yeah i had to put something there i guess ;)

It is what it is, looking forward to friday even more :)

My Dad used to say:

While some things will happen for a reason,
They dont happen for an even better reason.

Anyone else order a Blue RWD with delivery from Canberra this week (looking at you @PcS000). Your vehicle is awaiting delivery (and a wash).

Nice to see the front number plate holder without a plate on it. Looks solid.

P.S. how good is that blue!

View attachment 1013172

*ahem* Excuse me but how about some shots of the lovely red beside it 👀