Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You see, I finalised all my documents today but the NL only wants to pay when I have a delivery booking. If Tesla texts me on Friday morning and say “my man you can pickup your car sundie arvo” I might be able to get them to pay that arvo. But I’m worried the payment won’t update till Monday.
Yeah it takes a few days for it all to go thru after the NL financier settles, then it transfers, then tesla acknowledges it. I wouldnt hold faith a friday deposit sould be ready that weekend,ymmv

Reactions: Rosier
If you have the older 8/10 or 12/15 tails, you need to get the updated 10/10 and 15/15 tails.

If you already have those leads, but the UMC hasn’t been used before, the firmware of the UMC needs to be updated. Until it is updated, it will only pull 8A or 12A depending on the tail.

UMC firmware is packaged in to the cars software update and when the car is charged up to the set limit, and the charger is ‘idling’ the car will push the new firmware.

From what I’ve found out, all the new UMCs needs to be updated twice. Initially, the UMC needs to be updated to the regional fallback firmware(AUNZ) and then it needs to be updated to the latest firmware version on that regional branch.

So I assume the bloke on FB is trying to say that the M3H software package is unable to update these fresh out of the box UMCs yet. And that he had to go to Tesla to have it updated with an outgoing model.
This is right, but the delivery branch software that newly delivered cars come with doesn't seem to include the UMC firmware update package - that has always been the case, it's not something new with Highland.

So you need to wait for your new vehicle to get its first software update, and then it will be able to update the UMC firmware to give you the full 10A / 15A.

• Informative
Reactions: Rosier and dronus
Can't see anyone mocking BYD yet.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1706610147095.png

• Funny
Reactions: jeevas123
This is right, but the delivery branch software that newly delivered cars come with doesn't seem to include the UMC firmware update package - that has always been the case, it's not something new with Highland.

So you need to wait for your new vehicle to get its first software update, and then it will be able to update the UMC firmware to give you the full 10A / 15A.
Ahh yes this was it thanks! A few things depend on that update happening too from memory.. people getting fsd etc in the states maybe

I think a collaboration should be done.
I love how he eloquently incorporates the potty mouth into normal conversation
Exactly my thought. I don't really admire expletives and strongly object to especially in professional setting. But then here comes a guy whose tehnical skill and other views almost matches mine and still can't keep the mouth clean even for 5 seconds in a row. :)

• Funny
Reactions: dronus
I love it. He is a really clever dude too. Has a nice model S
Yes. I think he is living his life on his own terms. No liability, frugal living, somewhere out in queensland. He is the one who in one of the threads in this forum when asked about ownership thoughts about tesla said get a car from some other real automobile manufacturer after getting fed up with Tesla's walled garden sometime back.

:)

• Funny
Reactions: dronus
Ok, I'm in love. Meet Sriracha

Delivery was awesome, all my profile etc all set from the car I had for my road trip last year.

LOVE driving it. Calibrated quickly, like 10-15 mins (interesting even the blind spot light doesn't work while calibrating).

I've been driving round and round rounabouts, and honestly now that I've gotten used to not reaching for the stalk I can actually say I do prefer the buttons. I didn't expect that, even from the experiments I'd done in the past, now that I've had an 'extended' time playing with it for the past hour or so, I'm actually prefering not having to reach for a stalk.

Another interesting thing, someone had mentioned to be careful switching into drive and reverse that if you don't follow through it can go back to where you were, not sure if it's changed but I couldn't get that to happen. If I deliberately only swipe half way it completes the swipe for me every time.

I didn't take note of what SW version it was on, I had 30.8 available right away from the delivery center, so she's updating now and then I'll take her out again, maybe buy her dinner and give her another good thrashing, lol.

View attachment 1013500
View attachment 1013501
Nice and I love the name (yes, I did have to look it up)! Very, very happy for you. The wait is always worth it, even with the obstacles…bloody obstacles 😒

We’ll probably need some shots with the sun glistening off that beautiful red paint