Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So considering all this should we complain? I am not sure. There are better things to do with our time.
Ah but no one complains really. The only message to them from me was to confirm that I can cancel the order and get my $400 back if something goes totally wrong on their side and the car I am purchasing is not the car I put the deposit on. What I am saying is that if one does not expect too much, anything extra or above normal is a pleasant surprise, not a normality. Moving cars out of the port and transporting them to Adelaide over the weekend is possible, but definitely not a normality and is highly unlikely. I would be pleasantly surprised if they did it, but I really do not expect at all them to do it.

Reactions: MacTessy
I like not having to have a key. So the physical keys are only for emergencies. And don’t plan on buying a fob obviously.

I will get some s3xy buttons, one behind the screen for boot and frunk and depending on how bad the auto wipers are, I might stick on behind the wheel where pedal shifters go, for toggling wipers.

The new gen 2 can take 3 different programmings. Tap, double tap, and hold.

For example;
Tap - to close the boot(because single taps can happen accidentally)
Double tap to open the boot
Hold to pop the frunk.

And the gen 2 commander has hundreds of other useful features. Pretty dear though. Nearly 500 bucks
I found the auto wipers on the 2023 model to sometimes be very good then the next time, next to hopeless. If you tap the end of the stalk, the wiper controls come up a try the bottom of the main screen which was useful but you still do have to look at it. Maybe s/W will improve one day but hard to know.

Reactions: Rosier
I found the auto wipers on the 2023 model to sometimes be very good then the next time, next to hopeless. If you tap the end of the stalk, the wiper controls come up a try the bottom of the main screen which was useful but you still do have to look at it. Maybe s/W will improve one day but hard to know.
So if you tap the stalk(or the button on the steering wheel for M3H), you can actually use the left scroll wheel to switch between wiper settings displayed on the pop up menu, without touching the screen. Same goes for headlights.

Still, not as useful as having a one button control.

Reactions: dronus
Bring on schedule delivery texts!

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 09.08.40.png

I had a scheduled delivery for tomorrow, but Tesla rang on Friday advising my vehicle was still at PK and wouldn't make it in time. Now my new EDD starts today. Hoping to hear more soon (today/tomorrow). I was on Paganella.
Yeah I’m on Paganella too, really hoping for an SMS this week to schedule. My EDD is still from 04 Feb onwards!

So if you tap the stalk(or the button on the steering wheel for M3H), you can actually use the left scroll wheel to switch between wiper settings displayed on the pop up menu, without touching the screen. Same goes for headlights.

Still, not as useful as having a one button control.
Sounds better to use the scroll wheel than looking at the screen to see where to touch. Tks👍

Going into the Delivery Centre face-to-face has yielded the best results (for me anyway). Calling them I sometimes don't get Canberra (I have gotten a Sydney-based virtual rep a few times) and texting, I've always received responsive but vague replies.
Yeah I messaged them, got the following:

“Hi Shaun,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At this stage, it is likely that your Tesla will be arriving at the delivery centre in the next 1-2 weeks. It shouldn't be much longer until you receive a scheduling link via SMS.

This is just an estimate however and we will do our best to keep you updated with how it is progressing.

Best wishes,
Tesla Team”