Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at MYP insurance and when I selected 2023 noticed this on the comparison site. February release and June release

16165B1E-4AEB-4603-98C5-F57923EBCBCA.jpeg

Just noticed that both the UMC and wall connector are out of stock. How often does that happen. I wasn't going to order my wall connector until I had a VIN assigned given this usually means you have about a month to delivery, but if they go out of stock I might just order as soon as they re appear.

Just noticed that both the UMC and wall connector are out of stock. How often does that happen. I wasn't going to order my wall connector until I had a VIN assigned given this usually means you have about a month to delivery, but if they go out of stock I might just order as soon as they re appear.

Seems to happen enough that I would be wary and get it as soon as it's back in stock.

Has anything gotten VINs this week? 3s? Y RWD? Seems awfully quiet.
Or is it just that it was the diehard Day 1 order people who tracked their VINs mercilessly and they all have theirs and the people now in the order queue (except for the MYP) are more recent "meh it comes when it comes" types?
I got my VIN assigned and the final invoice for Y RWD.
EDD - January 23 - February 13
Build date - 21/12/2022

You got your Vin this week? That seems late, it was on the ship or even docked by then. I wonder if it was a cancellation VIN?
Nah it’s been mentioned on the forums here already and over Facebook that there was vins assigned late last week/early this week for new builds with the build dates just before Xmas. There’s ships due east and west with these builds soon.

No 2023 builds yet but hopefully see something on that with some potential ships due into Shanghai over the next few days.

Reactions: Way Downunder
You don't need to order a UMC, all deliveries up until March this year include it. All of the M3 deliveries this year have had it and Tesla have confirmed it.