Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Port of Brisbane update. Minor slippage again for QLD deliveries

[Ship] [Arrival date] [Departure date] [Change from last week]

Viking Passama/ 19th Apr/ 7th May/ +1 day
Paganella/ 24th April/ 12th May / +1 day
Palmela/ 27th April/ 16th May/ +2 days
Morning Crystal/ 29th Apr/ 21st May / unchanged

So I think my car is on Morning Crystal (Build date 13.04), does this mean it isn't docking until the 21st May now?

Thank you :)

I got the vin last week but couldn’t see it because I had a trade in pending. I cancelled it this morning as we sold privately, got the rego papers, invoice and vin.
Can’t see it in the RAV though. Spoke to my rep and he reckons mid May delivery.
App still says EDD May 9-30th.
Can’t see mine in RAV either, so guessing not actually cleared customs yet? My EDD is still May 4-25.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Thank you. I am very eager to get my car :)
As am I! Waiting since July last year and I think others waiting even longer.

Viking Passama is still showing at Point Cartwright so it's not even in the port yet.

It however showing up as "underway" rather than "at anchor" like Paganella, Palmela etc. Hopefully that means it's on the way to dock today but I am very much guessing/ gleaning information at this point in time. I guess we'll see in a few more hours!

In any event, the departure date is critical here because it's the point at which vehicles are guaranteed to be off the ship, at which point I would expect you may get a delivery text from Telsa.

I have just done a test payment to Tesla, where can I see when they receive it and the balance owing?
You should have a "Payments" section on your Tesla account, with a "show details" to show individual payment details

1683165858133.png

But I've seen people complaining recently that it's no longer there, so you'll have to look in the source code for that page and search for rawAmount

sourcecode-payment.png

In this scenario, $26K would also be the rough annual lease payments that were deducted from pre-tax income, i.e. $2K per month. So (and yes there are a lot of caveats including what tax bracket you are in), the RFBA basically stands in for the pre-tax deductions when calculating Govt payments, child support etc.

Agree that anyone dealing with this stuff should get their own advice before diving right in. The purpose of me sharing here is to explain to people what the RFBA is designed to do per the legislation. It won't take away the income tax benefit you got from salary packaging but it is going to ensure you don't get an extra benefit on top in terms of extra ancillary govt payments or reduced child support coming from a lower taxable income.

The 26k will not all be paid from pre tax income, there is a limit on how much they can take in pre-tax payment per year and it is nowhere near this much. I believe what 88squatch said is true, there is a grossing factor which is added back on and because of the grossing factor it means that your reportable income is actually higher than what it would be with no lease / car when the government assesses your entitlement to certain benefits. I have got several quotes and the payment to the lease company pre-tax is around 11k per year.

With all the caveats about financial advice on the internet… I think you need to look into this further.
Your taxable income is reduced by the pre-tax payments to the leasing company.
HOWEVER your reportable fringe benefits amount is calculated based on what the taxable value of the car would have been if it’s not exempt. Which simplistically is 20% of the base value of the car. This is then further grossed up by a factor of 1.8ish. Eg car base value of $70k, taxable value $14k, reportable $26,415.

In summary get some advice about your circumstances cos if you get any Govt payments or even the private health rebate… this may affect it.
Is this 26k RFBA spread over the life of the lease or is reportable in the first year? Who should I speak to about this? I assume I should find a good tax agent who knows about this EV/FBT/novated lease situation? But finding someone like that is proving difficult.

As am I! Waiting since July last year and I think others waiting even longer.

Viking Passama is still showing at Point Cartwright so it's not even in the port yet.

It however showing up as "underway" rather than "at anchor" like Paganella, Palmela etc. Hopefully that means it's on the way to dock today but I am very much guessing/ gleaning information at this point in time. I guess we'll see in a few more hours!

In any event, the departure date is critical here because it's the point at which vehicles are guaranteed to be off the ship, at which point I would expect you may get a delivery text from Telsa.

Have been looking the past few days and it's been showing as "underway" since a few days ago.

The 26k will not all be paid from pre tax income, there is a limit on how much they can take in pre-tax payment per year and it is nowhere near this much. I believe what 88squatch said is true, there is a grossing factor which is added back on and because of the grossing factor it means that your reportable income is actually higher than what it would be with no lease / car when the government assesses your entitlement to certain benefits. I have got several quotes and the payment to the lease company pre-tax is around 11k per year.

Novated lease deductions including the lease payments and running costs are all pre-tax other than an amount under the ECM method (which is basically a post-tax deduction for FBT which in this case there will be little of if you are able to avail yourself of the FBT exemption).

You should also check if the total pre-tax deduction is only $11K per year and that there's nothing else. Financing a $70K car for less than $1,000 per month now means you've got to have an extraordinarily cheap cost of funds which also doesn't sound right.

Get advice relating to your individual circumstances and make sure you read the fine print of the NL itself. You then need to decide, based on this, if indeed there is a net increase in your repayment thresholds and, secondarily, whether this outweighs the tax benefit you would get on the lease.

If you choose not to go ahead with a NL, then it will be because you've got the full picture from someone who knows your circumstances inside out and is not sitting behind a keyboard typing things onto a public forum / message board either persuading you into or out of this arrangement. Focusing on the RFBA without considering the other factors to your benefit makes as little sense as going gung-ho, feet first into the arrangement without having done any research at all.

Reactions: noobz and catham8
You should have a "Payments" section on your Tesla account, with a "show details" to show individual payment details

View attachment 934384

But I've seen people complaining recently that it's no longer there, so you'll have to look in the source code for that page and search for rawAmount

View attachment 934386

Thank you. Definitely no payments section when I log in.

Thank you. Definitely no payments section when I log in.
[Zombie]'s instructions are correct. Do make sure you are in the screen for managing your order. It should be titled "Prepare for Delivery", then click "Payment Method" the "Show details".

This wasn't working for me last week, then I was able to see the payments in my account source code. The method above started working sometime last weekend for me.

It is weird the way the site behaves differently for different users. I was never able to see the terms people searched for when finding hidden VINs (not just that my VIN didn't show, the keywords weren't there). They only turned up when my VIN was allocated.

• Informative
Reactions: bean2006