Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your SA is misinformed.
It was never on the invoice, and the price of the car did not change between 7 Jul 2022 (when the UMC was included) and 8 Jul 2022 (when it was not)

And the goalposts kept changing where they included it for all cars delivered in Jan-Mar 2023, plus all cars built before 27 Feb 2023.

And I had to argue with the delivery staff to get mine, as my 10 June 2022 ordered, Jan 2023 built car should have had a UMC but there wasn't one in the boot.
With a June order I would have argued too! My build date is 3/04/23 so no use! Will let him know if I speak to him again.

Going from May-June EDD in the morning, to a phone call yesterday to let me know my car was here and when can I pick it up. Checked the app and car was there with a VIN. Excited and freaking out as I haven't organised finance, was waiting for a car to be assigned, also have a car to sell (that can be delayed a little). So booked in Fri 26th @5pm at Mulgrave.

Anyone have a positive/quick experience going through the Tesla options? Have prepared a Bendigo Bank application, but they're telling me it could be days before they even look at it.

Reactions: houdini
Yeah, early July. It's been a loonnnggg wait.
Likewise. 28 July to 31 May for me, also at GC. I can't get an earlier slot than the 31st so I imagine it must be pretty booked out from Monday 22nd onwards with deliveries. It doesn't mean I'm not going to ring up and try, though ;-)

For those others keeping track on here, we have gotten delivery booking SMSs less than a week after the vehicle is unloaded for a period of 1-2 weeks after order.

15/5 -> Palmela docks
16/5 -> AM - Prepare for delivery SMS
16/5 -> PM - Entries appear in RAV
19/5 -> Booking slots open (earliest reported 25th)

That's a minimum of 10 days after docking to get the car. Suggests that they have the last mile logistics working alright as there's still checks that are done before you pick them up.

Hopefully this gives others clarity on timeframes. Allow 2-3 weeks after docking to get the car (assuming no major quarantine or last mile delivery issues) and you should be sweet. Reprage was a few weeks before me and has gotten an earlier slot, confirming that they are allocating the batches in chronological order (that is date order).

So today was the day that I'm officially no longer a member of the Model Y Waiting Room.

Picked up this morning at Port Melbourne and over the moon with the car. My wait wasn't so long at 6 months as I know there are people who've waited longer, but very happy all the same.

Really efficient service with a few others picking up at the same time, it's all done pretty quickly. Quick show through the settings and stuff and they leave you to it but within reach if you want to ask them any questions. 40 cars being picked up today the Tesla rep said.

No UMC as expected given I ordered in November, build quality was excellent - slightly bigger panel gap on the right boot at the top, but having looked at loads to compare, they were all different. I'm not too fussed about it at all. Car was sitting at 92% which was a nice touch after reports of them being much lower.

There are loads of Teslas sitting there at this delivery centre - took some videos in addition to those 3 photos attached. The first photo is the bottom storage where they come fresh off the transporters. Each row is 15-20 cars, then in one of the long videos there is a walkthrough of another storage facility that has heaps. No doubt there are cars here for some of you waitingt so it won't be long! 2nd picture is the delivery floor, with cars all waiting and ready to go for customers. 3rd is obviously mine!

Tesla Share - Link to all the photos/videos I took of the day.

One last thing - a friend of mine has a M3 on order that he had pickup booked for tomorrow, but has been pushed back till Monday as his car hasn't made it down from Sydney. I hope that hasn't affected anyone else on here.

If anyone has any Q's - feel free to ask away. I'll still be lurking so happy to help. I feel it could be useful to have a stickied or pinned post with all the info that people can access to track their cars/shipments as a lot of info is repeated time and time again on here. Conscious that VedaPrime obviously have their service but a lot of the info is out there and free for everyone to access. Happy to help with that if any Mods are active in here.
Hey, Did you get any info on Mulgrave pick ups ?

Likewise. 28 July to 31 May for me, also at GC. I can't get an earlier slot than the 31st so I imagine it must be pretty booked out from Monday 22nd onwards with deliveries. It doesn't mean I'm not going to ring up and try, though ;-)

For those others keeping track on here, we have gotten delivery booking SMSs less than a week after the vehicle is unloaded for a period of 1-2 weeks after order.

15/5 -> Palmela docks
16/5 -> AM - Prepare for delivery SMS
16/5 -> PM - Entries appear in RAV
19/5 -> Booking slots open (earliest reported 25th)

That's a minimum of 10 days after docking to get the car. Suggests that they have the last mile logistics working alright as there's still checks that are done before you pick them up.

Hopefully this gives others clarity on timeframes. Allow 2-3 weeks after docking to get the car (assuming no major quarantine or last mile delivery issues) and you should be sweet. Reprage was a few weeks before me and has gotten an earlier slot, confirming that they are allocating the batches in chronological order (that is date order).
Depends on the port I believe. For me, unloaded on the 1st May, and after last conversation with Tesla, they said it will most likely be at Port Kembla until the middle of June -- so that's 6 weeks from unloading to potentially receiving a schedule pickup text (they're setting expectations now with me to look at end of June for collection (so two months after docking). !!!!! :(

Hey, Did you get any info on Mulgrave pick ups ?
Afraid not. The staff at the delivery centre only seemed to know about what was happening there. They're nothing to do with the sales process/cycle like the Sales guys are. I'm assuming they have a logistics coordinator dealing with movement but as you can see from the pics/vids, chances are it's sitting there waiting annoyingly.

Reactions: RM2023
Going from May-June EDD in the morning, to a phone call yesterday to let me know my car was here and when can I pick it up. Checked the app and car was there with a VIN. Excited and freaking out as I haven't organised finance, was waiting for a car to be assigned, also have a car to sell (that can be delayed a little). So booked in Fri 26th @5pm at Mulgrave.

Anyone have a positive/quick experience going through the Tesla options? Have prepared a Bendigo Bank application, but they're telling me it could be days before they even look at it.
Maybe the switch to long range and back got you onto someone else’s cancelled order or something. Not many red cars are ordered so might also have something to do with it. I ordered before you and it’s sat at the same april-June without moving ever since Feb.

Maybe the switch to long range and back got you onto someone else’s cancelled order or something. Not many red cars are ordered so might also have something to do with it. I ordered before you and it’s sat at the same april-June without moving ever since Feb.

Yeah I'd changed it back to a RWD earlier in the week and Friday morning removed the Induction wheels, decided hubcaps were easier to deal with than rim rash :)

Reckon that was the catalyst

Yeah I'd changed it back to a RWD earlier in the week and Friday morning removed the Induction wheels, decided hubcaps were easier to deal with than rim rash :)

Reckon that was the catalyst
You have a red, white interior MYRWD with 19 inch wheels ready to pickup in Melbourne, and you aren't ready with finance? Kick it to me! I'm waiting for one of those in Queensland 🙂. You can have mine in a few weeks!

You have a red, white interior MYRWD with 19 inch wheels ready to pickup in Melbourne, and you aren't ready with finance? Kick it to me! I'm waiting for one of those in Queensland 🙂. You can have mine in a few weeks!

Ordered with a black interior. Happened so quick and was unexpected. Due to delays everyone has been seeing, was waiting for "car has been assigned message" and then was going to start the process as it was making it's way to me. Didn't want the approval expiring with all the delays at the ports.

Anywyay spoke with Tesla today and they're understanding of the predicament and flexible if the finance isn't ready in time and can delay delivery accordingly.

Ordered with a black interior. Happened so quick and was unexpected. Due to delays everyone has been seeing, was waiting for "car has been assigned message" and then was going to start the process as it was making it's way to me. Didn't want the approval expiring with all the delays at the ports.

Anywyay spoke with Tesla today and they're understanding of the predicament and flexible if the finance isn't ready in time and can delay delivery accordingly.
And here I was thinking you had impeccable taste! Oh well, enjoy the Jaffa. Good that they could give you a bit of flexibility.

I hear ya. I’ve already had one 90 day approval expire