Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi @Red Man , I too have the entry in the RAV but not sure how to check in which ship the car is in?
Deductive reasoning mainly.

Someone posted their SA said his late April build was on Grand Eagle, then a few of us here started to track it as it sat in the bay idling outside Melbourne, its first stop since Shanghai.

As soon as it finally docked on May 18, all of us 24 April builds VINs started appearing in RAV - with entry date of 18 May.

Sydney 25 May - 15 June EDD's also lining up with when the ship was (and is) "supposed" to be docking in Port Kembla.

oh no! What happened next?
They arranged a spare wheel to be fitted and the damaged one taken away by their towing contractor, took about a hour or so for him to arrive (this was a Saturday afternoon), he did the swap in my driveway

They didnt have a spare 21" Uber so it was a 20" Induction but aside from not matching it made no difference to the car or driving.

Then i got a message later that day with a scheduled time to pickup the repaired wheel/tyre, unfortunately it was this Friday so have to wait til then

Cant fault the service really but i have a feeling they might try and stooge me for the cost of repairs, fortunately when we picked up the car in delivery we took a few happy snaps (as you do) before we drove away, and lo and behold in one of the pics you can see the screw in the tyre! So that proves it was there before i even set foot in the car so i aint paying for the repair!

They arranged a spare wheel to be fitted and the damaged one taken away by their towing contractor, took about a hour or so for him to arrive (this was a Saturday afternoon), he did the swap in my driveway

They didnt have a spare 21" Uber so it was a 20" Induction but aside from not matching it made no difference to the car or driving.

Then i got a message later that day with a scheduled time to pickup the repaired wheel/tyre, unfortunately it was this Friday so have to wait til then

Cant fault the service really but i have a feeling they might try and stooge me for the cost of repairs, fortunately when we picked up the car in delivery we took a few happy snaps (as you do) before we drove away, and lo and behold in one of the pics you can see the screw in the tyre! So that proves it was there before i even set foot in the car so i aint paying for the repair!
Smart and great reminder to check the tyres and take pics and videos of everything (let us know how you go on Friday), thank you.

Reactions: Lateapex
Thanks mate, yes I checked and I have RAV As of 18/4 for our LR. So I think that means that it’s in Australia. I’m picking up in Brisbane so is there any way of knowing how long it’s likely to be before delivery?
I assume you meant 18/05 not 18/04. I am pretty sure no ship carrying LRs arrived here that early. Your car is most likely on Grand Eagle like most first batch LRs seem to be.

Now you keep an eye on birthing schedule document on the page You are being redirected... to see when Grand Eagle appears and eventually docks in Brisbane. You will probably get your car 10 to 15 days after the ship docks.

An easier way to track is to subscribe to VedaPrime which is $22/month I believe. Most people have been very happy with that service.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Ivory Arrow and Hoegh Oslo are docked in Port Kembla at the moment.

Queue Order:
Paganella
Dugong Ace
Hoegh Berlin
Frontier Ace
Hoegh Trapper
Elegant Ace
Viking Passama
Dong-A-Glaucos
Salome
Euphrates Highway
Sunlight Ace
Dream Angel
Eridanus Leader
Aphodite Leader
Sirius Highway
Grand Eagle (scheduled for 28 May - I really don't see how they can clear the above ships in 6 days)
Morning Crystal
Hoegh Bangkok
Dream Beauty
Glovis Caravel
Genius Highway
Valiant Ace
Virgo Leader
Orca Ace

LOL good luck with all that. Where are they going to put all the cars?
It's going to take months to get deliver all the cars, not just the Teslas.
Are all these unloading in Brisbane?

Hey
Thanks mate, yes I checked and I have RAV As of 18/4 for our LR. So I think that means that it’s in Australia. I’m picking up in Brisbane so is there any way of knowing how long it’s likely to be before delivery?
Hey bud -- wish I knew for Brisbane. Some of the other QLD folk here may be able to help with their experience (as it really differs quite a bit from port to port). Some of the Melbourne people have taken delivery a couple of weeks after unloading vehicles in Port Melbourne. I'm still awaiting a delivery schedule SMS after my cars was unloaded in Port Kembla (NSW) 1st of May.

Hey

Hey bud -- wish I knew for Brisbane. Some of the other QLD folk here may be able to help with their experience (as it really differs quite a bit from port to port). Some of the Melbourne people have taken delivery a couple of weeks after unloading vehicles in Port Melbourne. I'm still awaiting a delivery schedule SMS after my cars was unloaded in Port Kembla (NSW) 1st of May.
That’s madness. Very frustrating for you. Good luck.