Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that, I was tossing up doing the Plasti Dip but worried about the longevity. I've seen a youtube vid where a guy plasti dipped the alloy wheels only to have it removed and powder coated later. For me, I think the extra cost would be worth the end result. Not too interested in using the aero hub caps, I mainly do city driving and the small range benefit doesn't bother me.
Here's one more for you... 117.92US $ 33% OFF|for Tesla Model Y 2021 2022 4PCS Hub cap Original Car Replacement Wheel Cap 19 Inch Automobile Hubcap Full Cover Accessories| | - AliExpress
Actually, there's a whole range of styles if you want to scratch around.

Reactions: pts260 and Blaq
This is what i am seeing now in my account:
1655435141066.png

Honestly I wouldn't waste your time - even the "buy your car today" mobs and Carsales Instant Offer will be more than what Tesla will give you if you don't want to sell privately.
I did get a quote on my P3D white M3 (35000km) with FSD a few months back. It was similar to my lease buyback figure when the car had about 15000 Km two years prior (it was better to pay out the lease at $90K). Tesla did not ask about after market additions (which are about $2k including tint and ceramic paint coating) that can't move to a Y. FSD seemed to have no value! Trade in offered was $70700. Private market place is circa $90k+

Seems those who purchased in the first week avoided a price rise, phew....
The $5000 price increases are no doubt in large part due to rising inflation (and associated US reserve interest rate increases) in the US as prices rose worldwide.. Also $AU has lost ground a bit. Perhaps also that given Elon's concern over RHD demand and production rates in China, Tesla may view a price increase (so soon after the Ys debut) as a way to throttle demand. However the risk is that FOMO may drive further demand and so a bit like the vicious inflation cycle prices (v interest rates) increase so much that demand is completely crippled along with high interest rates and then you get recession. A bit of a tight trope walking act really.