Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After Umms and Aahs - because we really want an LR - I have put in an order for white/black YP stock standard (no options not that there are many). Screen told me Feb-May 2023 delivery just before pushing the button even though on entry before ordering it said Nov 22 to Feb 23. Anyway if the LR gets released I will dump the order and get an LR. Should have done this last week as I was online looking in 30mins after orders opened. But I wasn't worried that we might miss the LR then, now I am "very concerned" after reading other posts. Even though of all the world, Aus is the best fit for the LR specs!!! Long distances, sparse population but strict (low) speed limits and no Autobahns! Exactly what the LR is best all-rounder for.

So now that Giga Berlin is open, what other export markets does Shanghai service? (i.e. What other countries are we competing against for stock?)
From what I believe other RHD markets are Hong Kong, UK, Ireland, NZ and Japan. Shanghai services all these markets for M3 at the moment until Berlin comes on line with MY RHD for UK and Ireland. I'm thinking that with Berlin starting up it's cleared some availability for MY for the rest of the RHD world.
"Broomy" posted this table in another thread yesterday, not my work.
1655091379769.png

• Informative
Reactions: jason66
Now i'm hinking of powdercoating the rims once the car arrives. Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommendations of good rim powdercoating companies?
check out all the examples in this thread before spending too much money...

Reactions: pts260 and Blaq
check out all the examples in this thread before spending too much money...
Thanks for that, I was tossing up doing the Plasti Dip but worried about the longevity. I've seen a youtube vid where a guy plasti dipped the alloy wheels only to have it removed and powder coated later. For me, I think the extra cost would be worth the end result. Not too interested in using the aero hub caps, I mainly do city driving and the small range benefit doesn't bother me.

Reactions: slh2022
I ordered at 10:32am on the morning of orders opening (MSM/White Interior), rushed it through on a RWD with the stock Gemini wheels. I popped into the Tesla store on the weekend and didn't like the look of the Gemini wheels. Kicking myself for not ordering the Induction wheels. Don't want change my order and risk getting bumped down the queue. Now i'm hinking of powdercoating the rims once the car arrives. Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommendations of good rim powdercoating companies?

No Brisbane recommendations but I saw someone's 3 in Perth where they had done it and it was a vast improvement over the Gemini cover. The rims underneath are much better looking.

I'm sure if you trawl the forums for the 3 model there might be someone who has done it in Brissie

287229417_10158957189705098_8024382711554928985_n.jpg

287507841_10158957189910098_7452460559565549098_n.jpg

Having bought too many accessories for my 3, here's what I'm buying for my Y:
  • All weather floor and boot mats
  • Windscreen sun shade
  • Centre console organiser
  • Silicon insert for cup holders
  • Jack pads and case
  • Upgraded interior light kit for boot
And then when I list it out like that I realise that again I'm buying a lot of stuff! 😄
Any recommendations for floor mats?

I'm thinking of getting the quilted leatherette stuff on AliExpress coz I'm not a fan of rubber mats.

Any recommendations for floor mats?

I'm thinking of getting the quilted leatherette stuff on AliExpress coz I'm not a fan of rubber mats.
I like the Tessories ones in my 3. Pull them out, hit them the high pressure hose, let them dry in the sun. I can understand that they might not be for you but I'm the only one in my family that tries to keep the car clean.

Reactions: Tigger
Elon has said that they will ramp up RHD production as the Australian interest was not anticipated!

Happy to join this thread, so i have placed my order and my account page says prepare for delviery? I am planning to finance it, do we go for finance now or once you have VIN allocated?
I would apply for your finance now as most car finance companies will hold your interest rate for 3-6 months… I did it with macquarie a few months ago and my rate has been held at 2.99%.