Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hope I'm not jumping the gun based on posts above about "mistakes" being made, and can appreciate many have waited far longer than myself. But my delivery appointment is booked for Jun 28th. Order date 18-May, was only informed yesterday (Sunday) that a vehicle was assigned and to expect imminent delivery. I'm sure this is the result of someone's cancelled order. I'm now in a rush to settle invoice via leasing company!

Reactions: BabyTyrone
Hi All. After a lot of pushing up hill with Tesla, I was able to find someone helpful. From what I have been told, the team in the background is working to prioritise deliveries to business owners that need delivery before EoFY and have finance sorted. I'm not sure what information they are using to prioritise beyond that, but I feel like those who jump and shout the loudest will make it to the top of the list. I purchased under a business with cash, so have managed to secure a delivery before June 30. But again, I had to hound them to get to this point. Apparently there are a number of buyers that are having delays with finance, so proving your finance is rock solid might help. Best of luck.

Hi All. After a lot of pushing up hill with Tesla, I was able to find someone helpful. From what I have been told, the team in the background is working to prioritise deliveries to business owners that need delivery before EoFY and have finance sorted. I'm not sure what information they are using to prioritise beyond that, but I feel like those who jump and shout the loudest will make it to the top of the list. I purchased under a business with cash, so have managed to secure a delivery before June 30. But again, I had to hound them to get to this point. Apparently there are a number of buyers that are having delays with finance, so proving your finance is rock solid might help. Best of luck.
Also being somewhat flexible with your spec might help too. They did ask me if I was willing to change spec if another vehicle came up and I said I would change to anything. In the end I got my original spec, so I'm extra happy.

For those registering under a Company or Trust in Queensland. Be sure to provide your company/trust CRN when given the option during purchase. The wording is pretty vague and I put my personal CRN (I've now met 2 other people that put their personal CRN too). If you don't have a CRN, you will need to get one from transport department. The mistake will be picked up at registration verification, however this only happens a few days before pickup and it's a mad rush to get this sorted otherwise you may lose your delivery timeslot.

Did you pay for vehicle before delivery date was given to you.
No :( They gave me a delivery date (by text), and I jumped on the phone with my leasing company who released the funds straight away, and then Tesla cancel the delivery (over the phone). I didn't act on it straight away as they promised the car was a couple of days away and that I will 'most definitely' get it before EOFY: But on Saturday, got a text to confirm that the car will be there in July...

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
Who do you keep escalating to? Must not be through your original SA then?
I don't know what other channel to make a fuss.
I don't know what part of my annoyance actually worked. I emailed, messaged, rang and talked to my local dealer. Eventually got someone in the delivery team that could help. I think it's a mix of luck and being more annoying than everyone else. It would also depend on your pickup location and if there is someone that actually cares and wants to help. I just really wanted mine delivered for tax, so kept pushing and I got it across the line.

I don't know what part of my annoyance actually worked. I emailed, messaged, rang and talked to my local dealer. Eventually got someone in the delivery team that could help. I think it's a mix of luck and being more annoying than everyone else. It would also depend on your pickup location and if there is someone that actually cares and wants to help. I just really wanted mine delivered for tax, so kept pushing and I got it across the line.
I ordered for my business, paid EFT last Wednesday to take the payment delays out of equation and calling them daily but just hearing back saying to wait for the SMS. Looking at the posts, looks like its a mess and no one can help Sydney customers compared to other locations which I guess is due to volumes.

I haven't requested that. Should I? And how?
Just request through the sms.
Get the final invoice showing you fully paid prior to EOFY. But dont know if Tesla will acceded to your request

I dont know you tax implications, but if claiming full asset writeoff, maybe a final invoice showing zero balance before EOFY will help - check with accountant. But will also need vehicle registered before EOFY.

Possibly Tesla wont register your vehicle until delivery date or give you zero owing invoice because at any time you can still cancel prior to pickup

Reactions: ThomasMYLR
Is there an email address to complain to Tesla? I have paid for the car via the leasing company and am now paying for a car that I do not have until the end of July. They messed up my delivery, gave me a delivery date and time, to then cancel it an hour later saying it was a mistake.
post on google reviews, trust pilot and product review. you can also reply to any message you have received from Tesla, it will be sent to your local Tesla office.

I had organised my finance through Plenti (tesla preferred partner) but today Plenti sent me a message that they have bumped my interest rate to 7.05% as the delivery has not happened yet. Its not my fault that I didnt get the delivery of the car which was ordered in Nov 2022. Plenti does not understand this and they are forcing me to pay the new interest rate.. When I contacted Tesla they are so rude that they said I can cancel my order and move out. Waiting since Nov 2022 I don't expect this to be the answer. I have left few reviews online but Tesla and Plenti dont care about it. One order cancellation wont affect them at all.... but I would now stay away from both of them..

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
Hi All,

New to this forum and never had experience with Tesla, no test drive either.

Ordered MYRW Black with Enhanced Autopilot on 04/04/2023
Upon till 18 Jun. it was between Jun 25 - Jul 16.
Then, changed to between Jun 23 - Jul 14.
Now, changed again this morning between Jul 6 - Jul 27.
No Business purchase, doing novated lease through my employer.

Called them up, the order/deliver are in the order of First In First Served.
Nothing he could do.

He advised Next Fri. (7/Jul) will be delivered to Alexandria NSW. My delivery (collection) may be on 8/Jul (Sat?, I guess probably following Mon.)

I read some of posts Black makes longer waiting? Also, wondering Enhance Autopilot (extra hardware fitted?) does it, too?