Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who said anything about an order confirmation? Orders opened around 10.14am. Tesla sent their email saying the Model Y is available to purchase at about 11.30am. If you ordered at 11.30am thinking it had just opened you are about about 75min behind.
I never even received that email mate and yes i wanted to be notified for when orders open. I was randomly checking tesla to see if they have opened orders for Y and found it, It is a fact that they have opened at 10AM, but it is what it is, our EDD is still Aug - Nov 22. So hopefully sometime soon.

Reactions: jacksyd2022
Should I remove FSD from tMYR order to come under LCT threshold? Not only save LCT but there might be import duty. Just got VIN, with ETA 25 August to 5 September. Concerns are FSD price rise, and any physical differences now or into the future b/w car ordered with FSD eg radar. Thoughts?

Reactions: v.sundarraman
Should I remove FSD from tMYR order to come under LCT threshold? Not only save LCT but there might be import duty. Just got VIN, with ETA 25 August to 5 September. Concerns are FSD price rise, and any physical differences now or into the future b/w car ordered with FSD eg radar. Thoughts?
Best bet call the SA and ask if they can do anything from their side.

Totally agree- they’re cool. If you want to be talked out of it, the downside is that you need to hack at the original sills with a pry tool. So you better be handy if you want to avoid paint work damage. Handy, I am not.

Also, they have an internal battery which, once it runs out, the entire unit must be replaced.
Yeah the internal battery thing is a bit of an issue.

There's no import duty, but if you order FSD with the car you'll pay LCT and stamp duty.
In my case that bumps the price from $10k to around $14k
On the other hand the price of FSD keeps increasing, in the US it costs $12k which is around $17500 here, and with my car likely 6 months away I decided to lock in the price now.

Viking Passama is anchored off Shanghai now. It was meant to depart today, so I suspect it's delayed a little bit.
My gut feeling (in no way scientific) is that all the Model 3's that got VIN's allocated last week will be on this ship, as they are all clearly made and ready to be shipped.

Morning Crystal is still 4 days away.
Assuming most of the Model 3's that got VIN's are on the Viking Passama, it means Morning Crystal could would be free to be loaded up with Model Y's?

Reactions: v.sundarraman
Viking Passama is anchored off Shanghai now. It was meant to depart today, so I suspect it's delayed a little bit.
My gut feeling (in no way scientific) is that all the Model 3's that got VIN's allocated last week will be on this ship, as they are all clearly made and ready to be shipped.

Morning Crystal is still 4 days away.
Assuming most of the Model 3's that got VIN's are on the Viking Passama, it means Morning Crystal could would be free to be loaded up with Model Y's?
Yeah its most logical way , but again with Tesla you never know

From Model 3 vin allocation its usually allocation happen couple of days after build , so may be today or tomorrow is the day
A lot of VIN allocations for Model 3 occurred over the weekend it seemed? Which was 2 - 3 days before the Viking Passama was scheduled to depart.

So maybe you are right, tomorrow and Thursday could be the days Model Y VIN's get allocated, as that would be 2 - 3 days before Morning Crystal departs?

BTW - where do you find VIN on Tesla Account e.g. under Document? do they send test message/email informing your VIN? This is my current status.

Capture.JPG