Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's interesting to see the words "piece of mind" and "FSD" in the same sentence. I'd suggest you search this forum to:
  1. Understand what exactly Australia owners who've paid for FSD have received so far.
  2. What is their experience of Australian owners with EAP (FSD with some features removed).
  3. For those of us who have stock standard Autopilot and TACC, how good does it work for them.
For me TACC is the main weak point of the car. It triggers far too many false positives (phantom braking) and is the worst implementation of distance control cruise control of any car that I've driven. The autopilot for me is only useful on freeways with light traffic, I trust my 17 year old L Plater more than the autopilot.

To be clear, I love my 3, and will also be purchasing a Y. However my experience with these Tesla driver support aids is such that I won't be paying extra for more advanced features when the basics remain so flawed.
Would you buy EAP?
I rented a Tesla with FSD in the US and I found auto lane change and free way exits to be very effective.

Viking Passama is now docked, ready to take cars onboard.

Some interesting comments on the Whirlpool thread.

Tesla have publicly said today that they are aiming to sell 20,000 Tesla's between now and end of the year in Australia.
Some people are thinking that would mean ~4750 Model Y's will be shipped in Q3 and another ~4750 in Q4. They also point out that since Model Y is now on sale, the number of shipments occurring would have to increase.

Seem's logical? I think? What do you think?

There is no way 4750 Model Y's could have fit in Morning Clara that departed in late June right?

Desperate to get a VIN for my 11:40am order, so any news about this I am latching onto haha.

There is no way 4750 Model Y's could have fit in Morning Clara that departed in late June right?

According to a quick Google, the Morning Clara has a draught weight of 18,000 tons. At 2tns a car means it’s theoretically 9,000 car capacity. Takeaway 3,000 cars for fuel.. leaves you with 6,000. It’s unlikely Tesla can book 80% of the ship, but it’s at least theoretically possibly for a meaningful amount of cars to arrive…

According to a quick Google, the Morning Clara has a draught weight of 18,000 tons. At 2tns a car means it’s theoretically 9,000 car capacity. Takeaway 3,000 cars for fuel.. leaves you with 6,000. It’s unlikely Tesla can book 80% of the ship, but it’s at least theoretically possibly for a meaningful amount of cars to arrive…
Thanks for clarifying.

That whirlpool post they pointed out that Tesla shipped 3653 Model 3's in Q1 over x3 shipments.
So I just assumed they would only be putting on roughly ~1250 cars per shipment.

Confirming that Q1 2021 only had two shipments - Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

You can use that link to get a sense of how the VIN allocations have worked in past and how people got VINs whilst their car had already been shipped.

Veda Prime has a running tally of arrivals.
There was 3 in Q1 not 2.

See below:

12/3/2022

14/02/022

07/02/2022

I think we can hope any ships to bring our babies until it arrives in Australia to bring may be morning clara, viking or morning crystal. Until then let's continue hoping.
Viking will set sail today hopefully. But the vinless only hope is Crystal, not sure how many cars are allocated already but for any space leftover. hopefully new MY will make there way aka vinless

Reactions: Roat
Viking will set sail today hopefully. But the vinless only hope is Crystal, not sure how many cars are allocated already but for any space leftover. hopefully new MY will make there way aka vinless
i am starting to lose hope for this quarter , i am just cursing myself for waiting to let my other half know before ordering the car . I saw orders opened at 10:40 but ordered at 11:15 :(