Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my balance change today, looks like Drive away price now excludes Stamp Duty. Could be an error?

Price Details​

Model Y
$60,900.00
Red Multi-Coat
$2,900.00
Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive
$8,000.00
Order Fee
$350.00
Delivery & Documentation Fee
$1,375.00
Car Price
$73,525.00

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$518.00
Plate Fee
$48.00
CTP Fee
$342.00

Driveaway Price​

$74,433.00 (**** NOTE this was $77,213.00 earlier today ****)​

My understanding was that we paid the stamp duty and claimed it back.. Has this changed?

Hey everyone. Just took delivery of MY midnight silver. Looks amazing and looks huge compared to M3. Heaps room and more comfy in back than the 3. Also much quieter and less wind/road noise than my 2019 M3. Panel alignment perfect (unlike M3 !). Suspension is fine although sitting in back tend to feel a little harsh maybe. 7sec feels like M3 in chill mode but you still get pushed into seat. Anyway I love it ... wanted to share cause the wait you maybe experiencing is worth it.. I'm just fortunate to have ordered in first 10mins. Hope you all get yours soon

Ordered 11.43am on Day 1 and MY built on 31/07 with EDD currently 19 Aug to 2 Sep. If Glovis is a long shot then looks like I may be waiting on Asian Vision for delivery. VIN doesn't turn up in either database.
Glovis is reaching Brisbane today ( already in Brisbane waters ) then 18th to port kembla then 20th Melbourne ... and it aligns with my EDD perfectly. Asian Vision is a hit and miss.

Seeing as I have had mine for 6 days now I guess I have graduated from the "Waiting Room" thread but I wanted to do a report in on how I have found it so far incase others are interested.

Firstly I love it! We also have a M3LR so a lot of what I am going to say below is going to be influenced by my experiences in that as comparison.

The ride/suspension is perfect. It's a bit stiff compared to other cars perhaps but it's no stiffer than the 3 and way less stiff than my previous Ford V8 FPV. I think it feels great and I have the 20" Induction wheels.

It's a lot bigger. Side by side the difference is quite noticeable but when you are driving it you notice it way more. Much higher driving position and road feel, and the boot space is obviously way bigger but I was surprised how much extra room there is.

The thing that's not bigger though is the rear window. You can't see a heap out the rear view mirror but it's not a deal breaker or anything.

Range is one of my biggest concerns. We often take drives to Brisbane and in the M3LR we can get into the city and drive around a bit and then back home and that uses about 45% battery charge round trip. We did the trip in the Y and it used 73%. So I can see us having to use charging stations (away form home) a lot more than we have to in the 3. I know the Y is just a standard range and it's not a slouch when it comes to range or anything but it just surprised me is all.

Vision only. My 3 which is exactly a year old came with a radar whereas the Y is vision only for autopilot etc. This has both positive and negative effects in my experience so far. It may or may not be related but I think the Y is much better at recognising other vehicles and speed signs and green light chimes and a few other things compared to my 3. And during the day the autopilot is every bit as good as it is on my 3 with radar if not better. The problem comes when driving with autopilot at night. I always have auto high beam turned off because it is the worst implementation of that feature I have ever come across. ICE cars from 10 years ago work better than the Tesla version does. This is not an issue in my 3 because once it's off it's off and I just change manually using the stalk. Because the Y is vision only though whenever I engage autopilot at night it will also automatically turns on auto high beam because it wants as much light as it can to navigate by. I didn't notice at first until I started having people flash their lights at me for not dipping my high beams. I changed it back and thought I must have accidentally turned them on. But then I changed lanes and re engaged autopilot and on they came again. It seems no matter how many times you manually turn of auto high beams the second you disengage and re engage autopilot they come back on again. So this is just a MASSIVE pain! We will probably be taking the 3 if ever we need to do any night driving or alternatively just not use autopilot on that trip because I can't be turning it off manually all the time while driving and I can't drive with auto high beam active without pissing off every other driver on the road because high beams never turn off in time. I guess this isn't really a Y problem it will be the case with any of the new cars that come with Vision Only. But it has certainly tainted my first impressions.

Over all though it's just fantastic and my wife is supper happy with her new car.
If anyone has any other specific question I'm happy to answer them.

Had my final invoice issued today with EDD updated to 22-30 September (from the original Nov-Feb estimate). Configuration is White/Black Gemini, ordered day one at about 3.29pm. Build date on the invoice is 15/8. Anyone know what ship this is likely to be on?