Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they get trucker from port Kembla.
ok, so all Tesla cars will be unloaded in Port Kembla and then trucked to Vic and QLD? Even though Asian Vision is bound to Melbourne tomorrow?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-26 103747.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-26 103747.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 62
i think it all comes to personal preference , some people have keen eye and kind of OCD when it comes to cars , similar to people who are obsessed about lawns . If you are that kind of person then go for it . But for me personally its just extra $$ for no real benefit .

I had my Model 3 ceramic coated and it makes the car much, much easier to clean. Almost nothing sticks to it. A bucket of soapy water and a sponge and in 20-30 minutes it is done. So there is a real benefit.

But PPF - I would avoid it.

Reactions: Maximillan
I had my Model 3 ceramic coated and it makes the car much, much easier to clean. Almost nothing sticks to it. A bucket of soapy water and a sponge and in 20-30 minutes it is done. So there is a real benefit.

But PPF - I would avoid it.
I agree ceramic coating makes car easy to clean , but how long. Usually they only last for a year or two depending on the use of the car. If car is mostly garaged they stay clean anyway unless it rains . Most of Australian city cars never gets exposed harsh conditions if it snows or gets driven on unsealed roads then ceramic coating is necessary.

May I know how much you paid for ceramic coating and how long is the warranty on it

Got electrician to quote for 32amp charger but he reckon that I need to update my mains cable since it's only 48amp(6mm cable) and he reckon it would cost me over 1800 altogether for upgrade and run seperate circuit for 32amp. I don't drive much so 32amp is a bit of overkill for me

So I have asked for 15amp and he reckon he can run a seperate circuit for 15amp without upgrading the cable for $350. Currently I have 10amp socket in the Garage with 20amp breaker . Electrician thinks it's kind of overloaded and it would trip if I plug multiple things in garage while charging

He showed me Tesla's recommendation on manual not to plug anything else on the same socket. Does anyone have any issues with frequent tripping when charging the car . I mostly decided to go with 15amp just for piece of mind but just want to see if there real benefit of paying as we are planning to move out of this early next year

I agree ceramic coating makes car easy to clean , but how long. Usually they only last for a year or two depending on the use of the car. If car is mostly garaged they stay clean anyway unless it rains . Most of Australian city cars never gets exposed harsh conditions if it snows or gets driven on unsealed roads then ceramic coating is necessary.

May I know how much you paid for ceramic coating and how long is the warranty on it
$995 for a Gtechniq 9 year warranty.

Drove to Melbourne, after a week hose all of the bugs off the nose. Easily.

If you like to wash your car and value your time, it's worth considering. For me it's a no brainer for my Y.

Reactions: jacksyd2022